Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

It is shit given no notice, but, if you are dependant on a 3rd party to provide a very key part of your business and have priced on the basis they will never do this, well...

I am surprised it took so long, but they clearly caught up with the number of providers running cPanel on a 'VPS' masquerading as a dedi as no doubt one aspect.

Oakley wanting better returns will be another of course :)

• CPanel has been collecting data on the servers for the last 6 months at least and we’re defiantly collating server density etc. There was an option to turn it off I think it came in V76

• emghemgh Member

@HostMantis How will this affect your business? Considering with the offerings the cheapest package costs around the same as a licence now.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

Well, they bought up all the competitors. This was coming.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Thank god DirectAdmin's new skin looks amazing even. :lol:

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

So, not read it thoroughly but.

$45 is the new base price, that covers 100 accounts.

How is an account defined?

So, if you have a reseller and they 'sell' 10 shared accounts, is that 10 accounts @ $0.20 per account over 100 or what? Bit confused.

So if you have a server with 300 accounts that will cost $85 per month?

I am ok with that based on my current pricing but seems odd that there has been little communication on it, but I guess that is the strategy. If they told people in advance it would have been a shit storm anyway and they would still have done it.

Not going to lie, an opportunity for me, it will slow the churn of people going to cheaper hosts.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@Lee said:
    So, not read it thoroughly but.

$45 is the new base price, that covers 100 accounts.

How is an account defined?

So, if you have a reseller and they 'sell' 10 shared accounts, is that 10 accounts @ $0.20 per account over 100 or what? Bit confused.

So if you have a server with 300 accounts that will cost $85 per month?

An account is any cPanel user. Yes to all of your other questions.

Thanked by 2Lee dedicados
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

Imagine the big boys that have 100+ cPanel servers and 100,000 accounts

They just went from paying $1500 p.month to AT LEAST $22,500 p/month in licensing,

I wonder what "value" (cPanels words) cPanel are adding to their business for that extra $21,000 p/month or rather near quarter million dollars over the year.

This is so unbelievably irresponsible.

Fun times. It will be lovely to watch lowend hosts collapse.

Thanked by 2ITLabs marinho8bit
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

For now removed cPanel from order forms for VPS and Dedi

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: This is so unbelievably irresponsible.

Indeed, but what are they going to do, switch everyone to DirectAdmin? Nope. They will absorb some, increase pricing for the difference. The benefit for them is that nobody is immune to this at all.

The majority of end users are not going to want a different panel unless the price increases are so out of whack they are forced.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2019

AnthonySmith said: Imagine the big boys that have 100+ cPanel servers and 100,000 accounts

They just went from paying $1500 p.month to AT LEAST $22,500 p/month in licensing,

Would really be closer to $10000/month. Reading closely, I noticed this:

"Partners, get a fifty percent discount, putting Bulk Account pricing at just ten cents per cPanel Account."

Still a crazy increase, no doubt.

• YuraYura Member

lol at this whole thread.

Thanked by 2Ympker marinho8bit
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

DA, ispConfig and Keyhelp (perheps even HestiaCP) will be getting an increase in user base soon :D

Thanked by 1marinho8bit
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@smallbibi said:

AnthonySmith said: Imagine the big boys that have 100+ cPanel servers and 100,000 accounts

"Partners, get a fifty percent discount, putting Bulk Account pricing at just ten cents per cPanel Account."

On top of that Partners get 5-38% discount based on volume.

• @smallbibi said:

An increase of almost 600%, if not more. WOW

• leapswitch said: On top of that Partners get 5-38% discount based on volume.

"Bulk Accounts are not eligible for any additional discounts."

:neutral:

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Also this is going to be a huge nightmare for providers providing managed dedicated or vps with cPanel, now they need to even do audit for customers and help them remove inactive accounts etc....

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@smallbibi said:

leapswitch said: On top of that Partners get 5-38% discount based on volume.

"Bulk Accounts are not eligible for any additional discounts."

:neutral:

Where do you see this ?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

It's really not that bad (for me), just worked out my updated pricing, less than I initially thought, but still a ball ache because...

Fortunately, I have never allowed 'unlimited' resellers in terms of the number of accounts, there have always been hard limits on each reseller plan.

But I will need to factor in that not every current customer has used their max number of accounts so the actual cost could increase all of a sudden.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

BlaZe said: Quote

ff20

Thanked by 3Skander ruby vingohost
  • FoulFoul Member

leapswitch said: Where do you see this ?

Partners, get a fifty percent discount, putting Bulk Account pricing at just ten cents per cPanel Account. Bulk Accounts are not eligible for any additional discounts. For example, a server on the cPanel Premier Cloud Package with 301 cPanel Accounts is billed for 201 Bulk Accounts.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I just found out the Buycpanel.com only JUST found out about this.

Fucking disgusting.

What are they gonna do now?

• WTF

• Only three days in advance for for monthly licenses? wtf

• emghemgh Member

Imagine unlimited resellers with 1000s of accounts. That hurts.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    Imagine unlimited resellers with 1000s of accounts. That hurts.

I think the reseller plans are gonna go away.

• Ultimately, This hurts the end consumer because we will just pass the cost to the customer thus inflating prices to cover costs. Seem quite aggressive at .10 for every license above 100....