Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StockServers|Cloud Hosting|NVME|cPanel|Cloudflare Railgun|upto 90% off|Free SSL|Mailchannels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StockServers|Cloud Hosting|NVME|cPanel|Cloudflare Railgun|upto 90% off|Free SSL|Mailchannels

2»

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Bopie said:
    I also still have that backup just in case, and with domains there was another he spammed from

Virtualip.icu

[whois.nic.icu]
    The queried object does not exist: DOMAIN NOT FOUND

??

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

I suspect @Bopie will make plenty of sales thanks to this overly-generous bumping of threads by @lowdough ... good stuff.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I may be ready for a nap soon!

• BopieBopie Member

This is really hard for me to reply right now as I'm out at meetings until later tonight, I tried to contact the customer no response, iv already set his payment to refund which should go through tommrow and I still have his backup in our file storage oh and I sent it via email

• FalzoFalzo Member

• Again, I think we're talking past each other.

You talk about mailchannels warning you about my "account." Do you mean that my DOMAIN had been used to send spam? Or that my ACCOUNT ON YOUR SYSTEM had been used to send spam?

You're right. I was warned about your mailchannels notifications. I'm not clear about what I can do to fix that, except switching to a more secure host (which is what I was trying to do) and continuing to not send any spam.

Ok. I'm assuming the email to which you refer was sent after you terminated my email account, which is why I didn't get it. My apologies since i was unclear in my statement. Instead of saying "no email," I should have said that, "I didn't get any email notification."

Would you be so kind as to re-send that email?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Seriously tho, my mood fluctuate a lot recently so I will try not to say too much.

I think proper communication is required in this case, removing a ticket is not appropriate in my opinion. It might or might not have drama but I will check back tomorrow.

On a completely unrelated note, I think I am going to bed now.

• @Bopie said:
    I also still have that backup just in case, and with domains there was another he spammed from

Virtualip.icu

Yes, the support person also referred to that domain. As I told her, I've never heard of that and have no connection to it. How can you support your assertion that I spammed from that domain?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

lowdough said: Yes, the support person also referred to that domain. As I told her, I've never heard of that and have no connection to it. How can you support your assertion that I spammed from that domain?

Clearly an issue exists, no one goes in to business to refuse money and upset customers, spamming a forum you just registered on to complain about a host terminating you for spam is both ironic and ridiculous given that no doubt the hosting cost less than your shoes.

Why not just email the host, this nonsense trying to make a point goes through the same cycle week in and week out, it dies, everyone forgets about it.

better ways to deal with this exist, use them, people only elect for this particular method and use the word assertion in every other sentence because they are trying to make a point no one wants to hear or are trying to do stampy feet damage and is probably going to end up in a 1 way street to fraudrecordsville hurting your chances even further of getting hosting.

tl;dr move on, I am sure it was not personal, if they made the mistake it is their loss not yours.

Thanked by 3Ouji sayem314 479555
  • That's all true. Similarly, nobody engages a web host just to be shut down unexpectedly and with no notification.

My goal here is not to cause Bopie to change his or her decisions or behavior, but rather to share my experience with their service to other potential customers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

insert face palm gif here

Someone that just wants to "share their experience" does not bump 3 old threads with "TROUBLE! TROUBLE! TROUBLE!"

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    insert face palm gif here

Here you have:

• BopieBopie Member

@lowdough said:
    That's all true. Similarly, nobody engages a web host just to be shut down unexpectedly and with no notification.

My goal here is not to cause Bopie to change his or her decisions or behavior, but rather to share my experience with their service to other potential customers.

Ok let me say something, I did send you emails and i did notify you

I first suspended your account the second time, Took a backup of your cpanel (FYI pm me on here and ill send you a copy) then terminated you, This is not our fault and it was your account that was the problem, You agree to our TOS, we are refusing you service, Refunding you and giving you a copy of your site which also id like to point out you never did anything with it was all empty you used us only for email that's all.

We are not going to allow spam full stop and we gave you a chance, the Same thing happened, the thing is from over 200 people we have never received an email from mailchannels in regards to them perm blocking a domain

Thanked by 1level6
  • lukehebblukehebb Member
    edited June 2019

@Bopie said:

@lowdough said:
    That's all true. Similarly, nobody engages a web host just to be shut down unexpectedly and with no notification.

Ok let me say something, I did send you emails and i did notify you

I first suspended your account the second time, Took a backup of your cpanel (FYI pm me on here and ill send you a copy) then terminated you, This is not our fault and it was your account that was the problem, You agree to our TOS, we are refusing you service, Refunding you and giving you a copy of your site which also id like to point out you never did anything with it was all empty you used us only for email that's all.

We are not going to allow spam full stop and we gave you a chance, the Same thing happened, the thing is from over 200 people we have never received an email from mailchannels in regards to them perm blocking a domain

That's not really evidence of anything other than a ticket happened and some emails were sent out from you to the customer. What evidence is there that they were actually sending spam?

• level6level6 Member

@lowdough said:

On Reddit there's /R/WEBHOSTING
    In the right sidebar there's their "FRIENDS OF /R/WEBHOSTING."

Those hosts may be delighted to have you as a customer. And if (when) things turn south, take it up with them.

Time for you to lay off Bopie et al and move on.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@lowdough regarding mailchannels you probably misunderstood that @Bopie most likely uses mailchannels with the shared hosting/cpanel to deliver the mails.
    so indeed every mail your account sent out went through mailchannels and that's when the spam notifications came back.

just a wild guess... did you eventually do things like a catchall mail forwarding on your domain to whatever other private mail-address? so that all incoming spam directed at your domain would eventually just been pushed out again (through mailchannels) to be forwarded to you?

however, proper system administration is not for everyone. even (or esp.) with shared hosting...

• BopieBopie Member

@lukehebb I can't post anything in the public eye as it contains his personal email etc, That screenshot proves that I did, in fact, send him the emails he says I didn't, Now Ill openly admit this could have been handled a little better however we clearly state that we will not tolerate spam of any form what so ever.

Our servers are set up in a way that works for everyone, This is one of those situations where frankly we did what we did to maintain a good service for everyone else and people may disagree with how we handled it but we did it for the better of the rest of our clients.

As said you have been banned from using our services ever again and you have been refunded the £0.63p (bare in mind I get charged for the refund so I lose out on this) and as said A full cpanel backup has been offered to the customer.

Thanked by 2Ouji 479555
  • @Bopie I agree on having a zero tolerance to spam. It’s your company, your business and more importantly your customers that are the priority. The fact this person has added the same message in every thread of yours on LET speaks volumes. Just out of interest how many emails were sent from this account and over what period?