Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms

Comments

• Awesome providers indeed. And thank you to everyone that has contributed thus far. We obviously cannot test all the submissions single-handedly. So I've reached out to some of our users and asked them to choose a KVM platform that meets their needs and give it a try. It would be enormously helpful if those who have not posted a signup link would do so at your convenience. This will make it easier to get folks signed up without a lot of back and forth on the details. Thanks again!

• zero24xzero24x Member
    edited June 2019

@NerdUno

Is it really needed to use iptables? And congrats on your website, many tutorials, up to date and also some lists of this extra cheap risky vps providers!

Cant you just change the VOIP ports to something random, SSH also + fail2ban and host your VOIP things on OVZ?

Its a lot cheaper still. Or can't you on most VOIP clients u can use a different port?

Maybe the gods of lowend hear your demands and post some extracheap offers on LEB.
    Edit: On LEB "LQHosting" has 22$/yr KVM VPS 2GB with 20 GB SSD if u wanna risk it.

• @zero24x: Not really looking for providers that have been in business six months. We've got plenty of those, and three already have gone under this year. As for the KVM requirement, we support a number of VoIP platforms with a whitelist-based firewall and, on those, OVZ is fine. For our open Internet solutions, we need more than security through obscurity so ipset/KVM is a requirement.

• zero24xzero24x Member
    edited June 2019

@NerdUno

Ok, maybe theres an Fail2Ban for VOIP also, e.g. there is one for apache and ssh, so after few failed login attempts it will ban people.

So no need to block special IPs/ranges.

Or maybe in your situation get a 20$/mo dedi with 8gb or so I think nocix, wholesaleinternet had some, put many VOIP clients there by running VMs or container like docker.

Instead of messing around and setting up so many instances which at your budget u probably get overselled or unsustainable anyways.

• @zero24x: We don't want to get in the hosting business. We provide free PBX software and a tech blog with solutions. These signups would be coming from our customers except for our limited testing of platforms for purposes of identifying great providers.

As for Fail2Ban, we obviously use it but it's next to worthless in preventing attacks from high performance servers such as Amazon EC2 because Fail2Ban needs resources to read logs and ban attackers. When a PBX is bombarded by 10,000+ SIP requests per second, there is virtually no horsepower left to scan logs. Hence the reason for ipset and the VoIP Blacklist.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • zero24xzero24x Member
    edited June 2019

Ok thats understable if you don't want to provide hosting. OK, so fail2ban is not an option also. W

hat are the bad guys doing? Spam phone calls or tryin to breach in?

The point I was trying to make:

With VPS you can have so many issues, network latency, slow network, out of disk space, cpu overloaded, reboots sometimes, abusers knocking down the node etc. if they are oversold or handled by amateurs or abused.

A dedicated server mostly runs fine since you dont share it with others.

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • @zero24x: I appreciate your comments. We've been in the tech industry for over 30 years, and we've been developing VoIP platforms for more than a decade. So we've got an inkling of what we're up against. Our designs don't typically pass voice/video traffic through the server so most of the issues you've identified don't exist on our PBX and SIP platforms. It's endpoint to endpoint once there's a successful registration. And, yes, bad guys try to do any number of things to a PBX: denial of service, spam, expensive calls, root exploits, and on and on. Come join the VoIP party, and you'll see soon enough. :-)

• Ok @NerdUno: Enough talk from me, I am leaving off this thread to others, even after 30 years or longer in tech there is still a lot to earn.

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • @uptime Thanks for the mention. A notification never came so I missed it.
    I am guessing OP is now sorted?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

@HostDoc you are just in time for Summer Cyber Monday!

Here's what's been going on:

nerdvittles is a buzzing hive of VOIP enthusiasts in need of good cheap fast VPS capable of handling their PBX (and possibly other VOIP-related) needs.

These are people who've been dodging bullets on that other site (cough LowEndBox) up until @NerdUno dipped their toe into the waters of LET, where the real deals for good cheap fast VPS are known to flow like milk and honey.

These are likely to be long-term, no BS customers for hosts who can deliver superior potassium.

Links to any offers to facilitate ordering would be appreciated.

Or - as often happens with impromptu deals here - might arrange to open a sales ticket for discounted invoice or whatever other special percs a deal might entail.

• @HostDoc: Sorry we haven't connected. Trying to sort these out as quickly as I can. Never saw an offer from you. Can you repost it? Thanks.

• @NerdUno said:
    @HostDoc: Sorry we haven't connected. Trying to sort these out as quickly as I can. Never saw an offer from you. Can you repost it? Thanks.

Hi.
    I have not made an offer. What specs were you after?
    We have a promo page due to be updated that may be of interest https://hostdochost.I.ng/pricing

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • @HostDoc: Our users need a minimum of KVM platform with 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, 1TB BW with Gbit Net connection for their VoIP Platforms. $25/year is about the max budget for most of them. Please provide a signup link with locations if you can support us. Thanks for your consideration.

• emma is love

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@HostEONS @hostfav @HostUS are you ready for Summer Cyber Monday?

(we're having a party and you've been invited)

ahhh yeah just tagging a few more hosts to see what shakes loose - and I'm sure I'm missing quite a few more - so anyone please feel free to suggest suitable suppliers of superior potassium who may be amenable to meeting OP's somewhat challenging request:

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms
    Must support CentOS 6/7, Ubuntu 18.04, and Debian 8/9. If you have an offer and have been in business for over a year, please provide details here. Thanks.

OP is sending some indeterminate number of enthusiasts of the VOIPish persuasion to get a taste of the good stuff - seems that they're used to supercheap LowEndBox deals and somehow got the idea that $25 was a suitable annual budget for this (KVM with 1 GB ram, 20 GB ssd, 1 TB xfer, gbit port)

I was skeptical but the spirit of @Nekki and Emma Watson prevailed upon us and lo we have several responsive responses addressing the specs and doing their best to keep cost close to the requested budget. Check for more details below, here's the tl;dr:

I have services with many of these providers and am happy to say that they are all worthy of your consideration and appreciation for some great deals.

Thanks for the awesome responses!

freerangecloud said: With a yearly payment I could knock the price of our Egg plan down to $30/yr (about a 50% drop from our list price) which would meet most of your requirements. I can also grow the SSD from 15GB to 20GB to meet your specs.
    Locations: Ashburn, Fremont or Winnipeg. VPS plans here: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?gid=1
    Edit: Shoot me a DM if you'd like to order one as I'll need to generate a custom order link for the discount.

Ishaq said: We'll accommodate in multiple locations for $24/year/each.

SpeedBus said: We could do the following at Los Angeles, CA (Quadranet),
    1 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD
    2 CPU cores included
    1 TB bandwidth/mo
    1 snapshot slot included (create/destroy/restore the snapshot as you like)
    KVM based
    $25/year
    https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=382
    We've got CentOS 6/7, Debian 8/9, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/18.10/19.04 available for 1-click install.

anyNode said: if you can use OVZ (we use OVZ7) I can do this for exactly $12/yr with the exact specs mentioned (1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW)

AnthonySmith said: @NerdUno do you just want 1 or multiple?

naranjatech said: We can offer this for 20€/year!

IonSwitch_Stan said: We offer dedicated KVM VPS cpu instanced that should be appealing to real-time platforms like VOIP. We can host from Dallas or Seattle. $35/yr VPS1, can be adjusted to meet the needs of the folks on the forum.

HostDoc said: We have a promo page due to be updated that may be of interest https://hostdochost.I.ng/pricing

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@zero24x Fail2ban doesn't replace a proper firewall, it's a software for rate limiting stupid bots more than anything. It also uses iptables mind you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @NerdUno said:
    @HostDoc: Our users need a minimum of KVM platform with 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, 1TB BW with Gbit Net connection for their VoIP Platforms. $25/year is about the max budget for most of them. Please provide a signup link with locations if you can support us. Thanks for your consideration.

@NerdUno said:
    @HostDoc: Our users need a minimum of KVM platform with 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD, 1TB BW with Gbit Net connection for their VoIP Platforms. $25/year is about the max budget for most of them. Please provide a signup link with locations if you can support us. Thanks for your consideration.

Okay, I decided to cave due to @uptime investing a lot of energy into this.
    Honestly, your budget is too low outside of a promo or anything planned so this is a ONLY offer, only one available, if more are required, it will be at normal custom pricing.
    I can offer

1vCore @ 3.4Ghz
    1GB RAM
    20GB NVMe SSD
    1TB BW @ 10gbps
    Dallas USA
    $25 first year only

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

thanks doc! Am I correct that Dallas node is the Xeon Gold ...?

The Xeon Gold with the 10 Gbit port on incero network ...? Alrighty then!

@HostDoc I know you're busy at the moment - whenever you get a chance could you give us a quote for normal custom pricing and if possible maybe also a link / or instructions for people to order that package as well? Much appreciated!

• @HostDoc: I appreciate the offer, but this isn't primarily for me. It's for our installed base of thousands of users and organizations worldwide. While we have some cloud-based servers, I'm more interested in long-term solutions for the folks that deploy our (free) VoIP servers including Incredible PBX, OpenSIPS, Wazo, VitalPBX, Issabel, Asterisk, and FreePBX. We're pushing to move as many of them as possible to cloud-based servers. I don't believe one-year offers would be of much interest either. Organizations typically deploy a PBX for a decade or more without changing horses. But thanks again for trying.

• @uptime said:
    thanks doc! Am I correct that Dallas node is the Xeon Gold ...?

The Xeon Gold with the 10 Gbit port on incero network ...? Alrighty then!

@HostDoc I know you're busy at the moment - whenever you get a chance could you give us a quote for normal custom pricing and if possible maybe also a link / or instructions for people to order that package as well? Much appreciated!

Yes, that is indeed the Gold.
    Normal pricing for that particular plan is £4.89/m (Prescription Package) with a little less bandwidth.
    If the other interested party is yourself @uptime , I can let a second Summer Cyber Monday VPS go for the $25/y budget non recurring (£19.62) and that would be as far as my part in this crazy :scream: Summer Cyber Monday event goes.

Thanked by 2uptime captainwasabi
  • @NerdUno said:
    @HostDoc: I appreciate the offer, but this isn't primarily for me. It's for our installed base of thousands of users and organizations worldwide. While we have some cloud-based servers, I'm more interested in long-term solutions for the folks that deploy our (free) VoIP servers including Incredible PBX, OpenSIPS, Wazo, VitalPBX, Issabel, Asterisk, and FreePBX. We're pushing to move as many of them as possible to cloud-based servers. I don't believe one-year offers would be of much interest either. Organizations typically deploy a PBX for a decade or more without changing horses. But thanks again for trying.

Totally understandable.
    Unfortunately, I cannot offer you $25 recurring for 10 years on one of our most expensive nodes. We do not even offer 3 year deals.
    Sorry we could not be a fit on this occassion.

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • uptimeuptime Member

@HostDoc thanks I'm all set on that Dallas node already (I picked up one of those fine fine superfine 3-core 6 GB nested virtualization KVM deals a few months back)

Would encourage folks to pay a visit to https://kvm.doctor and put together a custom package to give it a try - it's a nice network, may be worth paying a bit for if there is a need for speed via Dallas

• @uptime said:
    @HostDoc thanks I'm all set on that Dallas node already (I picked up one of those fine fine superfine 3-core 6 GB nested virtualization KVM deals a few months back)

Would encourage folks to pay a visit to https://kvm.doctor and put together a custom package to give it a try - it's a nice network, may be worth paying a bit for if there is a need for speed via Dallas

The Gold is truely amzing.
    It is my go to for a temporary VPS as it mainly still feels empty although we are now nearing full capacity.
    I'm happy you grabbed a deal while it was available (and even happier these crazy offers were not taken :sweat_smile: ). July 4th is after all just around the corner.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

uptime said: And a hello from @AnthonySmith, no price mentioned yet so let's follow up with him here and at https://inceptionhosting.com

€18 for 5+

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

uptime said: And a hello from @AnthonySmith, no price mentioned yet so let's follow up with him here and at https://inceptionhosting.com

€18 for 5+

got him!

So adding it up and breaking it down, looks like €90 per year will score 5 vcores, 5 IPv4, 5 GB ram, and 100 GB ssd in the form of 5 KVM instances, each with 1 TB monthly traffic on a gbit port?

@AnthonySmith can you confirm available location(s)?

For those who don't already know, InceptionHosting is a consistently solid service with great prices and highly performant potassium.

edited June 2019

Yep that's right, for pure SSD (NVMe), its UK only Bob, I will do €15 for 10+

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • NerdUnoNerdUno Member
    edited June 2019

@AnthonySmith: Thank you. May we have a signup link to post for the €15 pricing? Is the €18 pricing in other locations??

edited June 2019

@NerdUno

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=184

Put the order in, I will correct the invoice price and let you know and then manually edit the package specs to meet your needs upon payment.

I only do pure SSD/NVMe in London/UK I am afraid, I can do SSD cached in Phoenix Arizona at the same price though, if that is of interest the link is here: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=147

Thanked by 1willie
  • NerdUnoNerdUno Member
    edited June 2019

@AnthonySmith: These orders would be from our users, and I will ask them to reference the NV/LET offer when they open a ticket for the €15/yr price & specs adjustment. We have published offers for both sites: http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=29839

THANKS!!

edited June 2019

NerdUno said: @AnthonySmith: These orders would be from our users, and I will ask them to reference the NV/LET offer when they open a ticket for the €15/yr price & specs adjustment. We have published offers for both sites: http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=29839

THANKS!!

Well thats no good sorry, the point was that I pass the savings on to you buy buying 5+ or 10+ in 1 go, not 10+ individual orders with 10+ fee's to pay.

Sorry if I misunderstood, probably best to remove that unless you mean your users know they need to buy 5 or 10 each.

Thanked by 1vimalware