Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StockServers - KVM 2GB Ram - 4vCPU - 400GB - 1Gbps - 40%off - FreeUpgrade4GB Ram - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StockServers - KVM 2GB Ram - 4vCPU - 400GB - 1Gbps - 40%off - FreeUpgrade4GB Ram

Comments

• sritubsritub Member
    edited June 2019

@Bopie said:

@sritub said:

@Bopie said:

Delivery Update

Unfortunately due to high numbers of orders we have had to delay delivery by 2 Days, We have run out of usable IPs and if anyone is familiar with Hetzner they do not deliver Subnets on a weekend

Oh :(

Thanks for the update though, appreciate it.

Also this is KVM right? so are these cores dedicated?

Also can i use fuse mount ?

Also torrenting is allowed as long as you don't receive any dcma right?

Cores are not dedicated they are shared and fair share, Basically you cant max them out 24/7, the moment we would consider warning is when you impact other users performance.

Torrenting is ok for personal none copyright materiel however we do not monitor your server so you are correct as long as we dont get dmca then there is no reason for us to bother you.

as for deliver i was just in middle of an email to everyone who has ordered as we have a massive backlog now. We did not expect this many users to be interested in this offer so did not prepare as we should have and its own fault, if any one is interested in a refund then we well certainly do that for them.

No worries :)

It's a pretty good offer. Thanks a lot. Understood, I don't plan on using a lot of resource, I don't know if I can but I was thinking about using Plex to direct play(without transcoding) my media, will that be considered as abuse? and also I think you missed to answer about fuse mount, I need it to mount gdrive.

• BopieBopie Member

@sritub said:

@Bopie said:

@sritub said:

@Bopie said:

Delivery Update

Unfortunately due to high numbers of orders we have had to delay delivery by 2 Days, We have run out of usable IPs and if anyone is familiar with Hetzner they do not deliver Subnets on a weekend

Oh :(

Thanks for the update though, appreciate it.

Also this is KVM right? so are these cores dedicated?

Also can i use fuse mount ?

Also torrenting is allowed as long as you don't receive any dcma right?

Cores are not dedicated they are shared and fair share, Basically you cant max them out 24/7, the moment we would consider warning is when you impact other users performance.

Torrenting is ok for personal none copyright materiel however we do not monitor your server so you are correct as long as we dont get dmca then there is no reason for us to bother you.

as for deliver i was just in middle of an email to everyone who has ordered as we have a massive backlog now. We did not expect this many users to be interested in this offer so did not prepare as we should have and its own fault, if any one is interested in a refund then we well certainly do that for them.

No worries :)

It's a pretty good offer. Thanks a lot. Understood, I don't plan on using a lot of resource, I don't know if I can but I was thinking about using Plex to direct play(without transcoding) my media, will that be considered as abuse?0 and also I think you missed to answer about fuse mount, I need it to mount gdrive.

Oh yes sorry i did, Have got a massive workload to get through so im sorry for that, Fuse should be fine as you will have your own kernel etc so i see no reason as to why not.

As for plex as long as you dont use more then 50% of your CPU power for longer then 15minutes then your ok but we would only enforce this if we notice a performance impact on the server form a single user, thats when we would then consider if said user is really abusing the shared cores or not. It might be worth just trying to start and see what happens and if its to much then obviously just monitor it.

Thanked by 1sritub
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

Edit :NVM mis-read the comment

@sritub do note that some audio codecs also need transcoding so it will use up CPU even when you disable transcode (deoends on the audio codec and player). Something like 3-4 simultaneous streams should be fine on that config though

Thanked by 1sritub
  • sritubsritub Member

@sanvit said:
    Edit :NVM mis-read the comment

@sritub do note that some audio codecs also need transcoding so it will use up CPU even when you disable transcode (deoends on the audio codec and player). Something like 3-4 simultaneous streams should be fine on that config though

Max I'm ever gonna do is 2, so I should be fine I guess.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

Ordered. Wasn't planning on doing so, but now have some time to plan what to do with it.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • AndruAndru Member
    edited June 2019

@vyas11 said:
    Ordered. Wasn't planning on doing so, but now have some time to plan what to do with it.

Me too :smile:
    I hope that node is not gona be oversold...

• 479555479555 Member

I got one as well, can't wait to test It!

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

This deal broke the typical CPU:Ram ratio at a sweet $1.235 / GB ram dedicated (as claimed).

Plus 400GB HDD ZFS optimized it's quite sweet deal.

To top it all it's monthly paid

• sritubsritub Member

@cybertech said:
    This deal broke the typical CPU:Ram ratio at a sweet $1.235 / GB ram dedicated (as claimed).

Plus 400GB HDD ZFS optimized it's quite sweet deal.

To top it all it's monthly paid

Monthly is a big plus.

• sritubsritub Member

@Bopie You did set a limit on number of orders possible based on stock right? Because it'll feel really bad if someone was able to place an order but don't get the deal and have to take refund.

• BopieBopie Member

@sritub I did indeed set a number based on stock, However as mentioned i placed the order for IPs before i posted and they never got delivered before so now i have to wait till monday morning, Im also now playing with another control panel instead of proxmox which will offer the possibility for automation, If it works out i will activate a few orders.

Thanked by 1sritub
  • @Bopie - do you support CPU pass through for this (esp. the AES flag)? Also, is IPv6 available?

• BopieBopie Member

@nullnothere said:
    @Bopie - do you support CPU pass through for this (esp. the AES flag)? Also, is IPv6 available?

This is something i could certainly look into doing for you

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • BopieBopie Member

***Update

Provisioning has started again and re have restocked the VPS, If you couldn't order before you can now and we estimate delivery in 12 hours

Thanked by 2vyas11 479555
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited June 2019

Got informed about mine by email. Thanks.Now just need to cancel my dinner plans... j/k

• BopieBopie Member

@vyas11 said:
    Got informed about mine by email. Thanks.Now just need to cancel my dinner plans... j/k

Haha well its time for me to get some food down me, Woke up and just started setting up ips etc :P

Thanked by 1479555
  • still waiting my server , still pending.

• BopieBopie Member

@newbiemasih said:
    still waiting my server , still pending.

Im slowly getting through the orders don't worry :)

• 479555479555 Member
    edited June 2019

How did you run the benchmark without AES?

My results are 4200 single core and 6700 multi core, how did you get 12000 for multi core?

edited June 2019

My results are 4200 single core and 6700 multi core, how did you get 12000 for multi core?

share your link? honestly dont know but maybe the results can compare.

• 479555479555 Member

@cybertech said:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13649456

• Did anyone installing via ISO get their network autoconfigured? Mine fails.

• 479555479555 Member

I installed Ubuntu and had no issues.

• BopieBopie Member

@mikewazar said:
    Did anyone installing via ISO get their network autoconfigured? Mine fails.

This is an issue with how we handle DHCP and the way Debain trys to grab DHCP, I have gone ahead and got it installed for you and replied to your support ticket

Thanked by 1mikewazar
    edited June 2019

@479555 said:

@cybertech said:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13649456

Hi neighbor

It's 8 threads after all

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13650765

• 479555 said: How did you run the benchmark without AES?

StockServers began to limit CPU now, I have 12000 serveal days ago but 6000+ now

• BopieBopie Member

For the time being we have implemented a hard cpu limit as everyone is benchmarking at the same time

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • Bopie said: For the time being we have implemented a hard cpu limit as everyone is benchmarking at the same time

New toys always make everyone excited 😘

• Sorry, that will be last