Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to build core I7-8086K server for cheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to build core I7-8086K server for cheap

ddpsddps Member, Host Rep
edited June 2019 in Help

I'm planning to get core i7-8086k and I looked some websites but I only can find server blades that supporting 6/7th gen....

Is there any server blade that supporting 8th gen for cheap?

-I want to build a server with core i7-8086K (not looking like hetenzer or other providers)
-Must be a server blade (1U or 2U)

Comments

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

Hetzner

• ddpsddps Member, Host Rep

@cybertech said:
    Hetzner

no... I want to build one....

• ntupntup Member

Hetzner or Soyourstart/Ovh maybee Kimsufi

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

Pcpartpicker then? Shows you also whether certain parts work together.

• ddpsddps Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

Are they supporting blade server case.... The server is not for personal use... I'll use it in the datacenter.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@ddps said:

@Ympker said:

Are they supporting blade server case.... The server is not for personal use... I'll use it in the datacenter.

Just get an 8th gen SuperMicro that supports non-ECC. There are a few, I use one for i9-9900K's. Otherwise there are plenty of workstation motherboards for 8th gen Intel chips that have vertical memory slots and some with IPMI. ASUS, MSI, ASRock, Gigabtye all have workstation models for Intel and AMD (some which I use for Ryzen) that all fit in 2U's for proper cooling. Yeah they're all (good ones) going to be like $200-$300 per board, but it's what you have to pay.

Thanked by 2ddps Ympker
  • SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

No point of going with an 8086K. If you're going to build out a new server just go with the latest generation. (9700k or 9900k)

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited June 2019

Why bother spending money on old hardware with no upgrade path if your building it yourself. Just wait a few weeks for the new ryzen cpu's, faster and cheaper overall

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Blades? Which blade chassis?

Thanked by 1ddps
  • hyperexperthyperexpert Member, Host Rep

OP, I think you are confusing blades with racked servers. You cant get 1 or 2U blades without a chassis. You maybe able to get a 1U or 2U chassis that can house certain blades, but not all blades are compatible.

Thanked by 1ddps