Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slightly-Premium Web Hosting

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@HuntersPad @donli Didn't see his message for some reason but it's the cPanel issued SSL, not LetsEncrypt. I use the cPanel SSL because it works better from my experience, no rate limit, issues are faster, etc.

• donlidonli Member

@MikeA said:
    @HuntersPad @donli Didn't see his message for some reason but it's the cPanel issued SSL, not LetsEncrypt. I use the cPanel SSL because it works better from my experience, no rate limit, issues are faster, etc.

Does that count as a "self-signed" certificate or is it considered "signed" and accepted by modern browsers?

edited June 2019

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Does that count as a "self-signed" certificate or is it considered "signed" and accepted by modern browsers?

They're cPanel issued (cPanel Inc. CA / Comodo) certificates and are signed and trusted by browser just like any other CA.

• @MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

They're cPanel issued (cPanel Inc. CA / Comodo) certificates and are signed and trusted by browser just like any other CA.

sorry, I can't use slightly premium hosting; only premium hosting.

• donlidonli Member

@SirFoxy said:

@MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Then you should be on premiumendtalk.com instead.

Thanked by 2webcraft KermEd
  • @donli said:

@SirFoxy said:

@MikeA said:

@donli said:

@MikeA said:

Then you should be on premiumendtalk.com instead.

fucc bb don't tempt me

• Can't pay via paypal!

edited June 2019

@Senpai53 said:
    Can't pay via paypal!
    ~snip

Wouldn't know, but doubt it's a problem on my end since PayPal transactions have been fine all day.

• what exactly is premium in using cheapest of cheapest budget provider OVH ?

edited June 2019

@apollo15 said:
    what exactly is premium in using cheapest of cheapest budget provider OVH ?

OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

Thanked by 2desperand Gatto
  • level6level6 Member
    edited June 2019

The latency isn't bad from my east coast location.

• MikeA said: OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

>

fair enough, however, putting premium and OVH in same sentence is false advertising on all fronts.

edited June 2019

@apollo15 said:

MikeA said: OVH isn't the cheapest of cheapest, their hardware is basically on par with any other common provider now due. If you want cheapest of cheapest look at Kimsufi, Netcup, Hetzner, etc. If you had problems with OVH don't bring them here, because the services I offer (whether it be on OVH's network or others that I use) are not the same. Yes, OVH has problems, I have problems with them, but the hardware they offer and overall network quality is good, and my web hosting servers there do not have problems.

>

fair enough, however, putting premium and OVH in same sentence is false advertising on all fronts.

Are you talking about their network or what? Routing, packet loss, speeds, I've never had an issue in the location my web hosting is in, if there were and I didn't think it was to my standards then I wouldn't use it and instead use my own hardware on something in Dallas local to me. When I say "slightly-premium" I'm talking about the services I offer, not OVH's network. If you had a bad experience with OVH that's not my problem, pretty sure everyone has a bad experience with OVH eventually, but that doesn't affect the network or my web hosting. Considering you haven't even used my services I don't think you can judge whether or not what I offer and say is false advertising, but good luck with your complaint.

• williewillie Member

I'm happy with OVH network and have generally found it superior to Hetzner's. The hardware isn't as cheap though.

• True that. The man said "Slightly-Premium Web Hosting" not "Slightly-Premium Upstream Provider" or "Critique me on one of the providers I use with thousands of different servers and networks instead of the specific one(s) I provide with or add value too"

• I will say that again - this is the most premium hosting you can find within that price range. It feels a lot more expensive than it actually is. Its snappy and fast. I would argue that the "slightly" word doesn't have a place in here. not the "premium" word. Again - good job Mike :-)

• How about someone else come up with better than this for same price? Seriously for 1.25 be thankful there's still reliable service.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • You got any Singapore location?

@yokowasis said:
    You got any Singapore location?

no, no plans for that, maybe in the future when I can get certain hardware there.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Your IP 86.123.5x.xx has been banned
    Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders
    Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 (23:59)

Why was that ?

edited June 2019

@adevis2 said:
    Your IP 86.123.5x.xx has been banned
    Ban Reason: Banned due to Orders
    Ban Expires: 12/31/2020 (23:59)

Why was that ?

You didn't pass account checks. You have FR reports for running phishing sites for large companies and making public threats towards other hosts. You account name is very different from your email name.

I can't accept risks like that for the prices here.

Thanked by 3desperand Ympker Wolf
  • So far its been great!, but the past hour its been down. Not sure if its known or not, did open a ticket.

• emghemgh Member

@HuntersPad said:
    So far its been great!, but the past hour its been down. Not sure if its known or not, did open a ticket.

You might be on Trappist sir. http://prntscr.com/o72pnt.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
    edited June 2019

@HuntersPad said:
    So far its been great!, but the past hour its been down. Not sure if its known or not, did open a ticket.

I'm looking into it.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
    edited June 2019

@HuntersPad said:

There are issues with OVH, I guess the guy above complaining about me using "slightly-premium" while running on OVH is right, or this is the most ironic moment I've ever had. Maybe I should get him to tell me when you buy a lotto ticket.

OVH has problems with a router in BHS-2, apparently this is causing a large portion of vMac assigned to FO IPs (which are assigned to the cPanel server, as well as all of my KVM VPS clients in Montreal) to not work because however they store vMac in their system is broken, down, or has data loss.

I will obviously try and compensate anyone affected, but it will take time.

• Up until last year I was hosting my main big stuff at the time 40TB ish a month of BW through SoYouStart, and I think the 2 or so years I was with them the longest downtime I ever had was a few hours. I've had pretty good luck with OVH/SYS in the past anyway.

(Sorry little off topic)

But so far your services have been fast!

An email will be sent out once the problem is fixed with information about some type of credit/extension for the downtime.

• I've lost 2 million $$$ so far

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@HuntersPad said:

There are issues with OVH, I guess the guy above complaining about me using "slightly-premium" while running on OVH is right, or this is the most ironic moment I've ever had. Maybe I should get him to tell me when you buy a lotto ticket.

OVH has problems with a router in BHS-2, apparently this is causing a large portion of vMac assigned to FO IPs (which are assigned to the cPanel server, as well as all of my KVM VPS clients in Montreal) to not work because however they store vMac in their system is broken, down, or has data loss.

I will obviously try and compensate anyone affected, but it will take time.

Just bad luck, Mike!

Best luck with the sales, it's a great offer!

• williewillie Member

MikeA said: OVH has problems with a router in BHS-2,

Hmm I have a kimsufi there that is working fine, if that matters.