Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need KVM 1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW, Gbit Net for VoIP Platforms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NerdUnoNerdUno Member
edited June 2019 in Requests

For the past 10 years, we have provided VoIP PBX platforms for our users at no cost. We need low-cost cloud platforms with low latency for our users. Maximum annual cost must be under $25/year. Must support CentOS 6/7, Ubuntu 18.04, and Debian 8/9. If you have an offer and have been in business for over a year, please provide details here. Thanks.

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

NerdUno said: low latency for our users

Location?

• We have users worldwide so all site proposals are welcomed.

• ehabehab Member

i have always wanted to install such a thing for my own private user. Can you please recommend some software/guids "links" to install on such vps specs.

thank you in advance.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

I think the $25 budget for these specs could present a challenge if you need a reliable level of quality to support VOIP (especially variables such as network as you mention low latency, also would want low jitter)

Sometimes you'll get promotional pricing closer to your budget from a few quality providers (might see a few sales for 4th of July) ... But more often at that deep discount price it's likely one will get offers for various degrees of over-sold and possibly inferior potassium. If you have the time and flexibility to sort all that out then you might possibly find something suitable but ... seems like long odds, really.

For around $20-$25 yearly I'd expect to find decent KVM with something like 512 MB ram, 10 GB ssd pretty easily.

For 1 GB ram and 20 GB ssd, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything reasonable quality even around $35 per year ... Always happy to be surprised by LET offers - just saying be careful with the super-low price range if you need much in the way of reliability.

EDIT2:

Just because I mentioned $35 per year - here is a good quality offer for $36 per year that meets your specs (except port speed is 500 mbits - though I suspect network is better than most advertised as 1 gbit anyway)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157930/yearly-kvm-deals-starting-24-yr-high-i-o-zfs-ssd-ipv4-6-any-os-phl-east-coast-usa/p1

others to check for good quality / low price offers might include providers such as AlphaVPS.bg, UltraVPS.eu, InceptionHosting, VirMach ... could easily list a dozen more possibilities but I don't think any of their normal pricing is going to meet your stated budget.

EDIT3:

nerdvittles. Wow. Welcome to LET.

hopefully you'll get some better suggestions and good offers

• Thanks for tips and welcome, @uptime. Thus far, we have found WelcomeHosting KVM at $21/year with impressive specs. We will publish others as identified. http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=29839

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=29839
    WARNING: Only use these providers if you can afford to lose your money if they abruptly go out of business or operation. Some have!

ok looks like you know the score. Always interesting to see how the cheap ones pan out.

Anyway I'd guess at least a few providers here could be interested in hooking you up with something a cut above what you've been dealing with so far. (Given that you are the real deal, and are buying for the long term.)

Also - I wonder ... @MasonR maybe something for freemach ?

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

With a yearly payment I could knock the price of our Egg plan down to $30/yr (about a 50% drop from our list price) which would meet most of your requirements. I can also grow the SSD from 15GB to 20GB to meet your specs.

Locations: Ashburn, Fremont or Winnipeg. VPS plans here: https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?gid=1

Edit: Shoot me a DM if you'd like to order one as I'll need to generate a custom order link for the discount.

• uptimeuptime Member

@freerangecloud ... that's what I'm talking about!

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • ehabehab Member

@uptime why i am starting to remember Nekki when i read your comments? :D

• uptimeuptime Member

@ehab we have all been deeply touched by the grace and spirit of Emma Watson

Thanked by 1ehab
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019
  • IshaqIshaq Member

We'll accommodate in multiple locations for $24/year/each.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hey there (Thanks for the mention @uptime)

We could do the following at Los Angeles, CA (Quadranet),

1 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD
    2 CPU cores included
    1 TB bandwidth/mo
    1 snapshot slot included (create/destroy/restore the snapshot as you like)
    KVM based

$25/year

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=382

We've got CentOS 6/7, Debian 8/9, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/18.10/19.04 available for 1-click install.

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    (chaneling @Nekki)

@Abdullah @AlexBarakov @AnthonySmith @anyNode @Awmusic12635 @exception0x876 @FHR @FR_Michael @Hetzner_OL @HostDoc @IonSwitch_Stan @Ishaq @LiteServer @key900 @MikeA @perennate @SmartHost @SpartanHost @SpeedBus @UltraVPS @VirMach

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE NERDVITTLES AN OFFER THAT THEY CANNOT REFUSE

IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

inhales

So @NerdUno if you can use OVZ (we use OVZ7) I can do this for exactly $12/yr with the exact specs mentioned (1GB+ RAM, 20GB+ SSD, 1TB+ BW)

KVM however you'd need to double your budget sadly to $50/yr. We offer OVZ in Miami (new nodes arriving today), Seattle (coming up today) and Vegas (coming next week). KVM is offered in Miami or Vegas

• uptimeuptime Member

EMMA WATSON SMILING UPON THIS THREAD

@naranjatech I don't know you but I am intrigued by your Summer Black Friday
    concept and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

who likes to VOIP?

@drserver

@launchvps

@randvegeta

@mrvm

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

uptime said: @naranjatech I don't know you but I am intrigued by your Summer Black Friday

concept and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

What specs are you exactly looking for?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@NerdUno do you just want 1 or multiple?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

hello @naranjatech

(from OP)

We need low-cost cloud platforms with low latency for our users. Maximum annual cost must be under $25/year. Must support CentOS 6/7, Ubuntu 18.04, and Debian 8/9.

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

NerdUno said: We have users worldwide so all site proposals are welcomed.

We can offer this for 20€/year!

• @uptime said:

I like your style, sir!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @anyNode: If your OVZ7 supports ipset with iptables, our folks could use it. But we need ipset to block the bad guys on wide-open servers. Those behind our firewall with all ports blocked could use OVZ with or without ipset.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi

@NerdUno said:
    @anyNode: If your OVZ7 supports ipset with iptables, our folks could use it. But we need ipset to block the bad guys on wide-open servers. Those behind our firewall with all ports blocked could use OVZ with or without ipset.

Drop a sales ticket and I'll see if we can get you up and running as a trial

Thanked by 1NerdUno
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

We’ve spoken with @NerdUno before the hiformance Deadpool and now the alpharacks outage. My offer still stands. We offer dedicated KVM VPS cpu instanced that should be appealing to real-time platforms like VOIP. We can host from Dallas or Seattle. $35/yr VPS1, can be adjusted to meet the needs of the folks on the forum.

Thanked by 2NerdUno uptime
  • OujiOuji Member

@anyNode does the OVZ7 comes with docker support, Debian 9 or Ubuntu 18.04 images?

Thank you.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@uptime said:
    Also - I wonder ... @MasonR maybe something for freemach ?

Thanks for the mention! All booked up right now, but I will reach out if there's a cancellation at the end of the month and offer up a slot. Sounds like a good fit for a VPS on the EU node :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

freerangecloud said: With a yearly payment I could knock the price of our Egg plan down to $30/yr (about a 50% drop from our list price) which would meet most of your requirements. I can also grow the SSD from 15GB to 20GB to meet your specs.

Can you do that for other LET members too, particularly in Fremont? I don't want it right now but it's of longer term interest. Low cost hosting in that region is kind of scarce so I'm making a slight effort to track what is out there. Thanks!

Thanked by 1captainwasabi

@Ouji said:
    @anyNode does the OVZ7 comes with docker support, Debian 9 or Ubuntu 18.04 images?

Thank you.

All 3 are supported

• OujiOuji Member

anyNode said: All 3 are supported

Thanks. Dropped a ticket.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

awesome response from some awesome providers stepping up to do the needful for nerdvittles

I got so excited by what I saw in this thread I had to go take a nap

now I am awake and scheming future purchases

seems like Summer Black Friday could indeed be a thing (and just 161 days to go until the real deal!)

@willie I've seen offer for 512 MB ram KVM in Fremont (and other locations) for $15 yearly from @freerangecloud - looks like a good opportunity to sample their wares and maybe take it from there.