Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boxhosting.co.uk $79 lifetime deal on StackSocial?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boxhosting.co.uk $79 lifetime deal on StackSocial?

Has anyone heard of this provider? Here is the link to the StackSocial lifetime deal:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/box-hosting-lifetime-subscription

Unlimited storage??

The website is pretty messed up, there are tons of broken links: https://www.boxhosting.co.uk/

I guess they just launched. You can see there is another deal, 3 years for one, but it doesn't include the Ultimate one. When you go to sign in you can see all the packages:

https://inside.boxhosting.co.uk/clientarea/cart.php

I guess they launched a little early? What do you guys think, scam? StackSocial usually vets their deals

Thanked by 1samm

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019

i have not seen any viable "lifetime" deal ever -- not even from TextDrive which was probably the last vaguely-legitimate attempt at it, much less not from a brand new place violating uk distance selling, not having a company number, etc

i would stay the fuck away from this

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

Hmmmm.
    How could this work ?
    Offer "lifetime" deal.
    Collect money.
    Crowd everyone who bought on to one box.
    Everyone leaves due to horrific performance.
    Shut off the lights on the way out.

• If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a scam. You sign up and let us know your experience when winter comes.

Thanked by 2msallak1 plumberg
  • @solaire said:
    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a scam. You sign up and let us know your experience when winter comes.

Haha I'll leave that to someone else. Would be interesting to test the "unlimited storage" though :)

Kind of trashy of Stacksocial though, up until now I've bought legitimate deals.

• @hzr said:
    i have not seen any viable "lifetime" deal ever -- not even from TextDrive which was probably the last vaguely-legitimate attempt at it, much less not from a brand new place violating uk distance selling, not having a company number, etc

What is UK distance selling?

• I found the company number. They are working through a reseller.

Boxhosting.co.uk is acting under a hosting re-seller agreement. The Hosting Services are provided by 20i Limited (“we”, “us” and “our”) and are registered in England and Wales under company number 09775671 and they have a registered office at Laurel House, Southwell Road West, Rainworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 0HJ.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019

That's 20i's company number, not Boxhosting's. I can't just give godaddy's if I resell them and say it isn't my problem, wtf?

• Smells like BetaRacks

Thanked by 1t0m
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

buzzyLET said: StackSocial usually vets their deals

StackSocial sells a lot of bullshit. This is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from them.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Lifetime is not that bad when sold in a small amount, it's fun after all.

I have a few lifetime clients, no one is complaining yet.

• @hzr said:

Pdrive had their 500GB lifetime product for $59 on Stacksocial, and they're doing pretty well. They still sell it directly, albeit for $125.

I've gotten a couple "lifetime" deals from SS and none have gone bust yet. Longest has been for 4 years - and well worth the price even if they did close shop tomorrow.

• BopieBopie Member

Keep in mind if they resell 20i then its £30/mo for "Unlimited" hosting so $79 would cover them for 2 months at a minimum, its bad practice but if they actually use the money they get from then to pay 20i it could work to help them get a good userbase and then they can try and sell more.

Im not sure where 20i stand on "Lifetime" deals on their network though

• BopieBopie Member

After speaking to 20i they are not breaking any rules in regards to lifetime hosting but what they are breaking is the rules where they used their company number and also the fact they list free services

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited June 2019

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12036022 so they have a company, but only partial showcase their information, and partially showcase their providers info (what?)

I'd be interested to know if 20i is on their invoices or if it's box.

• BopieBopie Member

@Mic-hael said:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12036022 so they have a company, but only partial showcase their information, and partially showcase their providers info (what?)

I'd be interested to know if 20i is on their invoices or if it's box.

Well, 20i did not take nicely to knowing their company number was being showcased on another website. Either way, it could be a good deal if it wasn't unlimited

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

With all unlimited plans they will do at some point termination of accounts, as simply they will do a simple calculation and who is using more disk space and bandwidth normally will be kicked out.

I don’t know why people do trust providers with unlimited packages? As you can’t get unlimited disk storage or servers.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Acceptance of fair usage and terms of service is required
    Note: This deal is available to new users only.
    Note: Your package will automatically finish after 5 years. Just contact support 1 month before the end of your package to continue access to your service for the following year.

• hzrhzr Member

Mic-hael said: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12036022 so they have a company, but only partial showcase their information, and partially showcase their providers info (what?)

They created that company only after complaints about them using someone else's company number on their site

That is literally one of the biggest red flags imaginable

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@hzr said:

What about @jar MXRoute lifetime?

Also I've used my Ivacy VPN Lifetime deal for 2 years and my VPN Unlimited lifetime for 3 or 4?! years and it's going strong. Definitely wouldn't go for a lifetime deal with a totally unknown provider. But the ones mentioned I'd consider "viable". Just my 2 cents though :)

Thanked by 2jar skorous
  • BopieBopie Member

Actually 20i are pretty decent I bthere Unlimited plans, they are a big company but they have a custom control panel and load balancers so that one you hit a huge traffic spike your site is moved over to there highend servers so your site has better performance, or so they tell me anyway, I was curious about there service so I purchased there reseller just to look at there panel haha, it's actually a decent setup they have but I don't like resellers hate not having control over my services. The thing that this company got wrong was the fact they advertised as five years at a ridiculous price that is not sustainable, but again being a reseller as long as he makes enough money to cover monthly costs he is all good

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited January 2020

Boxhosting offered it again for cheaper but I couldn't take it, their terms were draconian.

• Ympker said: i have not seen any viable "lifetime" deal ever

Also @MikePT MyW.pt lifetime ;)

Boxhosting site looks quite similar to a particular theme in the Divi Builder Library...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Unixfy said:

Ympker said: i have not seen any viable "lifetime" deal ever

Boxhosting site looks quite similar to a particular theme in the Divi Builder Library...

It's awesomeeee! Should have sold more. People don't use their resources!

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @MikePT said:

@Unixfy said:

That needs to change.... I don’t like idling my LT shared hosting plans :-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@Unixfy said:

Yup, mine's still idling :P
    I may or may not be opening a free shared hosting for the forum users though :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Same mine is idling. Im kind of traumatised by LTD from SS tbh

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @timelapse said:
    Same mine is idling. Im kind of traumatised by LTD from SS tbh

Lol which one was it?

• Remember Arch? You also bought one right? This reminds me of it. There was also another but I cant remember. But there were 3-4 LT hosting on SS.

It lasted just 2 years better than LEB hosts that go <1year. But OG people from Arch were really awesome it was just after the Cpanel price increase that fu things up tbh. Likely in Q3 or Q4 of 2019, Arch already had different people.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

I actually did not buy Arch, spent too much time in analysis paralysis.
    Made me buy a 'deal on a rebound' if there's a term like that. Did not work out, $40 down the drain. But that led to me discovering LE*