Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

I bet there are a whole load of people on here who will "never" sign up to OVH because of the ID requirements who are running about finding ID to scan right now...

Great marketing at the right time when they upgrade their network. It's done the job, everyone is talking about them.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Can someone run the bench testing script?

The test IPs/files are not available yet, only "soon" at http://proof.ovh.net/

• trexostrexos Member

Mhm, German customers have to pay 3,99 Euro. Anyway a good offer!

• camargcamarg Member

damn, it seems that existing mKS 2G will not get the reduced prices.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

If this is their regular pricing then I'm amazed. Even as an offer, it's fantastic pricing. Worth it for the HDD alone as far as I'm concerned.

• rds100rds100 Member

@trexos why's that? Just the normal French <-> German love?

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    I bet there are a whole load of people on here who will "never" sign up to OVH because of the ID requirements who are running about finding ID to scan right now...

Great marketing at the right time when they upgrade their network. It's done the job, everyone is talking about them.

I think one of the members in LET has mentioned before that you don't need government issued photo ID, which means a student ID would do.

• XakiXaki Member

This servers have any DDoS protection?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@camarg said:
    damn, it seems that existing mKS 2G will not get the reduced prices.

You sure? I just ordered one and paid the invoice.

Edit: Nvm I thought you said existing 2G customers.

• Can Indonesian purchase the server? Or it's only available for Ireland/US/Canada user?

• @jarland said:
    You sure? I just ordered one and paid the invoice.

If they don't you can always cancel the old one by not paying for it (with OVH it is actually OK since they have automatic cancellation) and order a new one. The only issue is you'll need to make and restore backups

• @Xaki said:
    This servers have any DDoS protection?

Obviously not, we are talking about 2.99 servers here.

• awsonawson Member

@asterisk14 said:
    All we need now is google giving away a free VPS with every gmail account and we're done :-)

I'm sure it won't be long before Compute Engine has a free tier.

• XakiXaki Member

But they said that every dedicated will have DDoS protection for a small increase on price (1/2€) ...

• trexostrexos Member

@rds100 said:
    trexos why's that? Just the normal French <-> German love?

I ordered one for 3 months and the price is just a bit over the price from ovh.ie.
    OVH.ie
    2,99 Euro /month but 23% VAT
    OVH.de
    3,99 Euro /month but 19% VAT

So it's not a huge difference :)

• How much does it cost to reinstall OS for these crazy cheap servers? or is that automated and free?

edited July 2013

Can Indonesian purchase the server? Or it's only available for Ireland/US/Canada user?

Anyone from around the world can purchase; you either buy from your regional OVH website (they have like 5 or 7 of those), or if as in your case there isn't one, then from http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/index.xml (and yes, you will have to deal with the french registration and ordering page).

Obviously not, we are talking about 2.99 servers here.

All of OVH will have automatic DDoS protection starting from September, how much that will actually protect, and will there really be a price increase on the cheapest server from 2.99 to 4.49 because of it, remains to be seen.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @Xaki said:
    But they said that every dedicated will have DDoS protection for a small increase on price (1/2€) ...

You referring to this?
    http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?p=46133

I think for now it is not in production yet.

• Thanks rm_

I will try it now :)

• trexostrexos Member

Where are the server located? I can only read west europe.

or is that automated and free?

Everything at OVH is automated, and coincidentally yes reinstalling is free.

Thanked by 1MikeIn
  • @peppr said:
    How much does it cost to reinstall OS for these crazy cheap servers? or is that automated and free?

Automated and free

• IshaqIshaq Member

@peppr said:
    How much does it cost to reinstall OS for these crazy cheap servers? or is that automated and free?

• Won't be buying one> @peppr said:

They have a big choice of OS, Linux and Windows from what I have seen on the ordering page. Everything is automated and self managed, like Solus +++. This is how they can make the price so low, you shouldn't need any tech support unless it dies!

• Its tempting not to get one. Ovh.ie allows me to get one without VAT, however the france site still wants 19.6% vat from me. crazy..

• retryretry Member

Anyone got dibs on lowenddedi.com?

• @retry said:
    Anyone got dibs on lowenddedi.com?

The domain is being parked at namesilo

• I bought one, :D

• They've just delivered my server lol

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

lol, 30tb for 4€ is pretty ok, got 4 of em.

This discussion has been closed.