Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuickPacket - 16th Anniversary Special - Los Angeles - Core i3 530 - 8GB RAM - 2x 3TB HD - $29.99/m! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickPacket - 16th Anniversary Special - Los Angeles - Core i3 530 - 8GB RAM - 2x 3TB HD - $29.99/m!

Comments

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@sin said:
    Gogogogo! Someone get it! You won't regret it.

I tried, and failed :(

• donlidonli Member

@sin said:
    Nice, got both brand new SSDs on my 2nd dedi, 37 poweron hours on 1st one and 20 poweron hours on 2nd. Sure beats the hell out of my 10 year old drive in the WSI dedi I recently purchased lol. If they add more stock of these, yall should def pick one up!

Plus @jar now works for them so you can open up support tickets to bug Jarland =).

The ability to use the Low End Help Desk is a major plus (even if it isn't quite as good at "social escalation" as Twitter or Reddit).

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

hawc said: I tried, and failed

I think we got you straightened out... Thanks for the order!

Thanked by 1Foul

FYI - we have one more coming in about 24 hours.

Thanked by 2Foul BunnySpeed
  • @qps said:
    FYI - we have one more coming in about 24 hours.

Anymore free upgrades? Good luck.

• FoulFoul Member

qps said: FYI - we have one more coming in about 24 hours.

I'll be watching.

• GaleejGaleej Member

is this deal better than SYS E3-SAT-1-16?

• sinsin Member

@Galeej said:
    is this deal better than SYS E3-SAT-1-16?

Well one thing I like about these Quickpacket servers is their support is of course MUCH better then what OVH provides and you get full IPMI access.

Thanked by 1qps

One more server has been added to inventory.

• @qps said:
    One more server has been added to inventory.

Thank you -- just took it!

Thanked by 1qps
  • Will you be adding anymore?

ThresherHost said: Will you be adding anymore?

If we have any cancellations, we will add them in, but we don't have any cancellations scheduled for a few weeks.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@ThresherHost said:
    Will you be adding anymore?

Yes please I'm also waiting to order one.

Galeej said: Yes please I'm also waiting to order one.

If there are any others that come back through cancellations, we'll post them. Thanks.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2019

Love the upload network speeds...getting 110MB/s to my Leaseweb server in VA, 58MB/s to Netherlands, 50MB/s to Hungary, 96MB/s to NY, etc. These dedis rock! =)

Connecting to host iperf.he.net, port 5201
    [  5] local x.x.x.x port 36382 connected to x.x.x.x port 5201
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr  Cwnd
    [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  47.0 MBytes   394 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   1.00-2.00   sec   110 MBytes   927 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   2.00-3.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   3.00-4.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   4.00-5.00   sec   110 MBytes   927 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   5.00-6.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   6.00-7.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   7.00-8.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   8.00-9.00   sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    [  5]   9.00-10.00  sec   110 MBytes   926 Mbits/sec    0   13.9 MBytes       
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.02 GBytes   873 Mbits/sec    0             sender
    [  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.02 GBytes   873 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

sin said: These dedis rock!

If you can do all of that on a Core i3, just imagine what you can do on a bigger box! :)

Thanked by 1sin
  • GaleejGaleej Member

@qps said:

sin said: These dedis rock!

If you can do all of that on a Core i3, just imagine what you can do on a bigger box! :)

please restock.. waiting to order..

Galeej said: please restock.. waiting to order..

Understood - as soon as more come available, we will update the thread.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@qps said:

Galeej said: please restock.. waiting to order..

Understood - as soon as more come available, we will update the thread.

thanks

• williewillie Member

Wow, this looks great, and I'd love something with a faster cpu. Don't need 5 ip's, 1 is enough.

One additional server is available under this promotion.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@qps said:

thanks, grabbed now

Thanked by 1sin
  • GaleejGaleej Member

@Galeej said:

@qps said:

thanks, grabbed now

Order was cancelled due to name mismatch, when I tried to order again shows "Out of Stock". @qps can you please enable the order.

Galeej said: Order was cancelled due to name mismatch, when I tried to order again shows "Out of Stock". @qps can you please enable the order.

Someone else grabbed it. If they don't follow through with payment, we'll open it back up, but otherwise, we don't have any more in stock at the moment.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@qps said:

Galeej said: Order was cancelled due to name mismatch, when I tried to order again shows "Out of Stock". @qps can you please enable the order.

Someone else grabbed it. If they don't follow through with payment, we'll open it back up, but otherwise, we don't have any more in stock at the moment.

depressed..

• @Galeej said:

@qps said:

depressed..

I miss it every time. I give up. Lol.

• williewillie Member

I like that larger HDD's are making their way to low end dedis, and would love to see faster cpus in offers like this, even at moderately higher cost.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited June 2019

I got lucky this morning and was able to get one with only a year old disks and just 14 power cycles. CPU is also slightly faster i3-540. I was a bit hesitant first, but so far performance for both system and network has been very good. Supermicro KVM access is nice too. I just wish it came with a couple of SSDs and more RAM too ;) Big thumbs up!

Thanked by 1qps
  • @Crab said:
    I got lucky this morning and was able to get one with only a year old disks and just 14 power cycles. CPU is also slightly faster i3-540. I was a bit hesitant first, but so far performance for both system and network has been very good. Supermicro KVM access is nice too. I just wish it came with a couple of SSDs and more RAM too ;) Big thumbs up!

I was able to snag one myself :D I couldn't be happier! @qps

Thanked by 1qps
  • sinsin Member

Nice to see everyone enjoying their new quickpacket dedis :) now we just need those charlotte deals ;).

Thanked by 4qps uptime MasonR Crab