Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@Foul said:

perennate said: may actually be operated by the same people who (mis)managed AlphaRacks.

It actually is.

Stupid idiots copied their DEAsoft article that was the same on AR whmcs announcements.

A clever scammer always has a new company or two waiting in the wings ready to go

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Foul said:

perennate said: may actually be operated by the same people who (mis)managed AlphaRacks.

It actually is.

Stupid idiots copied their DEAsoft article that was the same on AR whmcs announcements.

Unbelievable!!! The never-ending-alpaca-reloaded-scumbags.

• mr0xbmr0xb Member

I opened a ticket with PSK Hosting, I can no longer login to provide my original inquiry to them but it was basically, why do you have my data, and what personal data do you have of mine. This was their reply.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

I have updated OP to be more clear about the current evidence instead of me ranting about spam, so I think it could be potentially useful as a sticky now (but I don't care either way since I think everyone who would read the post would likely already know not to trust them).

Thanked by 2kmas ITLabs
  • pepa65pepa65 Member

They have all 3 of my accounts with AR, logins work.

OT:

andiklive said: pekerja seks komersial

That's a surprisingly 'politically correct' designation..!

edited June 2019

donli said: A clever scammer always has a new company or two waiting in the wings ready to go

They really are clever, I fell for it completely, I just assumed it was some pre-existing provider who made a dumb decision x.x

But to be fair I was mostly mad about continuing to receive these marketing e-mails.

Thanked by 2ITLabs pepa65
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@mr0xb said:
    I opened a ticket with PSK Hosting, I can no longer login to provide my original inquiry to them but it was basically, why do you have my data, and what personal data do you have of mine. This was their reply.

Free months and backup restoration???? LMAO... big pile of sh*t.

Thanked by 2pepa65 the_doctor
  • kmaskmas Member
    edited June 2019

@mr0xb said:

"Unfortunately the information we received from the owners was fairly vague and nothing more than a quick export" of all the clients' data.

More lols: wayback machine indicates PSK Hosting website didn't exist as of August 6, 2018 [1], yet they backdated a WHMCS announcement to 8 August 2018 about migrating EXISTING customers to OpenVZ 7 [2]. They're just pretending that like they have been around for longer than in actuality.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20180806042147/http://pskhosting.com/
    [2] https://clients.pskhosting.com/index.php?rp=/announcements/2/Migration-to-Virtualizor-Control-Panel-and-Migration-Plan-for-OpenVZ-7.html

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@perennate said:

donli said: A clever scammer always has a new company or two waiting in the wings ready to go

They really are clever, I fell for it completely, I just assumed it was some pre-existing provider who made a dumb decision x.x

But to be fair I was mostly mad about continuing to receive these marketing e-mails.

Yes, in retrospect it was obvious but most of us missed it. In their closing down email they listed several hosting companies to try - we should have been looking for the "ringer" on the list.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ringer

Slang.

a racehorse, athlete, or the like entered in a competition under false representation as to identity or ability.
    any person or thing that is fraudulent; fake or impostor.

• mr0xbmr0xb Member

@kmas I looked at Alpharacks TOS and Privacy Policy (available via wayback machine) and niether mention transference of customer data or a "transfer clause" lol.

I submitted a new ticket since they closed the last one, will update if I get anything good or humorous.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@kmas said:
    "Unfortunately the information we received from the owners was fairly vague and nothing more than a quick export" of all the clients' data.

Yeah... so fairly vage that even included a $14.00 account credit from @mr0xb

donli said: Yes, in retrospect it was obvious but most of us missed it. In their closing down email they listed several hosting companies to try - we should have been looking for the "ringer" on the list.

Haha, they even included an affiliate link, for their own website!

• FoulFoul Member

My two ar accounts still magically don't exist in PSK.

It's obvious it's AR staff still..

Hello @QuadraNet_Adam

How goes the shillin'?

• verjinverjin Member

pskhosting.com
    Domain registered via GoDaddy
    Hosted on NameCheap

• mr0xbmr0xb Member
    edited June 2019

@ITLabs

This $14.00 credit was due to paypal auto payment from a service that was cancelled.

PSK

Paypal Payment

These may not be useful but i'll post them in case that they are.

EDIT I also have the invoice for this payment available if someone needs it.

• FoulFoul Member

verjin said: pskhosting.com Domain registered via GoDaddy Hosted on NameCheap

thanks for stating the obvious that we already know?

Thanked by 1tetech
  • any good deals from PSK?

• FoulFoul Member

mr0xb said: These may not be useful but i'll post them in case that they are.

Thank you for confirming they're indeed Alpharacks.

The bullet is there.

@VirMach Here we go.

Thanked by 2mr0xb the_doctor
  • mr0xbmr0xb Member

@cybertech said:
    any good deals from PSK?

Well, their prices are all generally within $1 of Alpharacks...

• @cybertech said:
    any good deals from PSK?

What the hell? Why would you ask that knowing that they’re probably affiliated with AR?

On another note:

I can sign in with the same email and password. I’m kind of glad that I changed all my information to random crap (“Cheesy Cheeseburger” lol) in April :]

• I can confirm PSK Hosting scabbed my info from AlphaRacks.

I was just able to login to https://clients.pskhosting.com/clientarea.php with my AlphaRacks info... PSK Hosting has all my info

I tried AlphaRacks 1 time in below discussion
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2905754#Comment_2905754

I canceled the VPS following month and never had any other dealings

No question there is shenanigans going on here

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @doghouch said:

@cybertech said:
    any good deals from PSK?

What the hell? Why would you ask that knowing that they’re probably affiliated with AR?

On another note:

I can sign in with the same email and password. I’m kind of glad that I changed all my information to random crap (“Cheesy Cheeseburger” lol) in April :]

I want to use for a few months and then chargeback them

• sanvitsanvit Member

https://www.coinpayments.net/feedback-fa8a7a604c44158fb72a66bedd655a7c

Their coinpayments account was set up in June, 2019

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@doghouch said:

You could have changed to "Popcorn Chicken" since Joshua Collishaw also works for KFC... lol. :-)

• FoulFoul Member

Can confirm i can sign in now on both accounts with info/pass from AR.

At least my info is all fake as i did the same as @doghouch before ar went belly up.

• There's no sub $10/year deals - vrry disppoint.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Foul said:
    Can confirm i can sign in now on both accounts with info/pass from AR.

At least my info is all fake as i did the same as @doghouch before ar went belly up.

They're "importing" 30000+ customers... it does take a while...

• FoulFoul Member
    edited June 2019

ITLabs said: They're "importing" 30000+ customers... it does take a while...

Obviously, Already sent an abuse report to NC.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited June 2019

Is this even legal? Transferring/potentially selling client data to another party without asking for consent.