Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@EHRA said:

donli said: Use it as an additional backup of your replacement in the mean time.

Backups are important, they must be in decent providers.

Each additional backup is valuable even if you know it has a limited lifetime.

• FoulFoul Member

VirMach said: We were told that refunds were being issued and they were making it "right" with customers.

You were swindled. They did not issue a single damn refund to anybody at all.

Still don't get why you're going to allow them to make money off your sales.

• donlidonli Member

@level6 said:

I don't understand why a reputable host would want to attract such price sensitive customers.

Maybe they thought they could convert us $1/10GB/year shared hosting customers to $7/year.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jar said:
    You first!

My wallet is ready

Thanked by 2jar switsys
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

I remember about 5 years ago they were selling their company in WHT. then they said we don't sell it anymore (surely nobody wanted to buy it).

Then they bought some companies. And now they close?

This must be the worst management I've ever seen in a company.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2019

@VirMach said:

donli said: Time for @radi (Dr. Server) and @VirMach to disclaim all knowledge/involvement.

MasonR said: @Radi @drserver @VirMach cancel these scumbags' affiliate accounts. They don't need to profit any further from their ineptitude.

@Foul said:

MasonR said: @Radi @drserver @VirMach cancel these scumbags' affiliate accounts. They don't need to profit any further from their ineptitude.

I second this @radi @drserver @virmach

Why support these fools still..?

After reading that e-mail, it definitely doesn't seem to be how they portrayed the situation to us. I'd like to clear a few things up; we were under the impression that they would be refunding people's full length of remaining services and attempting to recoup the cost with affiliate links and we were also the impression that they would disclose this better in some way.

• We didn't reach out to them, they reached out to us.
    • We offered additional discounts to customers and wanted to actually have more of a proper "switch" over than just linking a generic affiliate link.
    • We were told that refunds were being issued and they were making it "right" with customers.
    • They never portrayed it as a "transfer agreement" if they did we would definitely step in further to make sure everything was handled properly.
    • We never offered to "credits" to AlphaRacks customer directly, we did offer a discount/promotion for their customers which they didn't take.

This was the main part of the message we sent to them regarding the situation:

As for effectively sending customers over, I'd like to possibly discuss some numbers. Do you have a report on what type of packages and in which location(s) you have the most customers in? Are you compensating customers in any way for the remaining duration of their service and did you want to discuss any type of promotion with us to help customers switch over?

We were just attempting to be helpful in the matter, to try to make sure customers got similar services in similar location(s) for similar pricing, taking into account what they already paid. We were told that they were recouping customers and rectifying any issues on their end.

To be fair to our affiliates and affiliate system, unless there is some spam, major deception, or self-referrals, we can't just close down someone's affiliate account. If anyone did not sign up for e-mails similar to the one sent that linked the affiliate URL, please contact us and we can see if it falls in line with our affiliate rules against spam. Otherwise, even though it's less than ideal how they handled the entire "transfer agreement" (once again we didn't have any specific agreement like this although we tried to make it more smooth for everyone and not just an affiliate transaction) I don't think we can really take any action in this specific situation regarding to our affiliate program guidelines. If anyone did sign up using the affiliate link under these possible false impressions contact us so we can check that as well. I would recommend no one sign up if you weren't first compensated for the remaining duration of your your plan as they seemed to communicate to us. I hope that was a good explanation; let me know if you have questions. We're open to hearing further opinions and feedback on the matter.

Thank you for letting us know. You make me feel really proud. Kudos for what you are willing to do for their customers.

• FoulFoul Member

MikePT said: Thank you for letting us know. You make me feel really proud. Kuddos for what you are willing to do for their customers.

Don't you work for VirMach? Lol

• cinwiecinwie Member

none of the data can be saved?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited June 2019

@cinwie said:

Nope. Not ever. Never.

Just restore from your backups and move on.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@cinwie said:

The data of people with proper offsite backups can.

https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/terms/

Limitation of Liability

AlphaRacks is in no way responsible for data loss, time lost, income or any other resource due to faulty backups or non-existent backups. While our servers run enterprise hardware and we take every measure of redundancy possible, it is the clients responsibility to ensure offsite backups.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@Foul said:

MikePT said: Thank you for letting us know. You make me feel really proud. Kuddos for what you are willing to do for their customers.

Don't you work for VirMach? Lol

He 'was'.

Thanked by 2Foul MikePT
  • cinwiecinwie Member

I am very sad, there is no safe data and no refunds

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VirMach said: We never offered to "credits" to AlphaRacks customer directly

As should be reasonably assumed. I mean I know I'm not with DO anymore, but I really really don't think DO reached out to offer assistance or credits as indicated either. Considering I was the only one brave enough to even slum it down here with you fine folks :tongue:

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@jar said:

VirMach said: We never offered to "credits" to AlphaRacks customer directly

As should be reasonably assumed. I mean I know I'm not with DO anymore, but I really really don't think DO reached out to offer assistance or credits as indicated either. Considering I was the only one brave enough to even slum it down here with you fine folks :tongue:

Hey we never thought DO was really low end despite your efforts.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Seems their negotiation with QN finally breakdown :neutral:

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I would like to clarify something: We did not reach out to them, they did. After being denied affiliate comissions, they decided to sign up on their own. However, they will not earn anything as the billing system they signed up in for comissions is not used anymore for new orders and any signups are going through our new billing solution at https://portal.drserver.net. You can verify this by following the link and checking where the order links lead to on our VPS page.

Thanks.

Now, we do not offer AlphaRacks pricing, but if any of their customers wants to try us though, we will accept them.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@lowendclient said:
    Seems their negotiation with QN finally breakdown :neutral:

QN must have "closed the ticket".

• KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

X-PHP-Script: www.alpharacks.com/myrack/mysite/sendmessage.php for 69.167.2.X

Lol they're on a VyprVPN instance out of Los Angeles.

IP owned by 'ParadiseNetworks' the .net is down, the .com isn't them, but they have 18,000 IPs registered to a PO Box In Delaware (the 2010-2015-ish way of things)

Site came online in 2013 after forwarding to the other unrelated site previously.

Guy registered to receive DMCA info is listed here.

Telephone Number of Registered Agent above : 512-684-9700

Searching that number shows us a lawyer who was reprimanded back in 95, and seems to be Data Foundry, Inc's co-ceo and owner of VpyrVPN / Golden Frog.

Thanked by 2dedotatedwam sin
  • So what do I do if I only had my money in their credits (as they wouldn't refund the money back to me)? No possible way to reclaim that?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@ashvagan said:
    So what do I do if I only had my money in their credits (as they wouldn't refund the money back to me)? No possible way to reclaim that?

If you paied via PayPal or creit card in the last 6 months (or 45 days, not sure which one) you can do a chargeback via them. Not sure with Chinese payment methods (AliPay, etc.). You're screwed if you paied via crypto

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • They didn't hide the affiliate links on those providers... oops!

• h2oh2o Member

Big 4 were gone. :confused:

• georgedatacenter said: Then they bought some companies. And now they close?

I think they were profitable, or at least floating.
    And they decided to buy/merge other companies, the move created chaos.
    Now, they have to close it because they were bad merges.

I am speculating though.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • verjinverjin Member

@Amitz
    But the service is fast, my man!

Thanked by 3Amitz ITLabs lazyt
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Who didnt saw it coming.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Anyone still hoping for data need to get their balls checked for removal.

• Disappointed. Got my cash ready for they comeback

• donlidonli Member

@cybertech said:
    Disappointed. Got my cash ready for they comeback

• KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

Subject: AlphaRacks Acquires WootHosting, Forming One of the World’s Most Comprehensive, Global IaaS Platforms

Both the acquisition email and finally the closing email with another ParadiseNetworks IP, seemingly VpyrVPN. So it was started with a VPN (the acquisition email) from the start.

Whoever was with them for long has an IP trail, they seemingly left it in all their email headers. Oh well.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @sanvit said:

@ashvagan said:
    So what do I do if I only had my money in their credits (as they wouldn't refund the money back to me)? No possible way to reclaim that?

If you paied via PayPal or creit card in the last 6 months (or 45 days, not sure which one) you can do a chargeback via them. Not sure with Chinese payment methods (AliPay, etc.). You're screwed if you paied via crypto

Paid via credit card. So I connect with the credit company for a refund?