Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix.net - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix.net

2»

Comments

• Too complicated to read, not enough potatoe and simplicity.

• Why would they need to run a PTP fiber. They can just splice all the strands... It's nothing out of this world , pretty simple.. they can identify outage location within minutes and splice within an hour... Depending on the number of strands. 24 fiber strand should take about an hour .

• sanvitsanvit Member

@rubiohiguey said:
    Why would they need to run a PTP fiber. They can just splice all the strands... It's nothing out of this world , pretty simple.. they can identify outage location within minutes and splice within an hour... Depending on the number of strands. 24 fiber strand should take about an hour .

Was thinking the same thing.

• @rubiohiguey said:
    Why would they need to run a PTP fiber. They can just splice all the strands... It's nothing out of this world , pretty simple.. they can identify outage location within minutes and splice within an hour... Depending on the number of strands. 24 fiber strand should take about an hour .

I live in Kansas City and everything is complicated.... EVERYTHING. It makes taking a poop in peace very difficult.

In all seriousness I have a fiber line in front of my house that runs up and down my street and Google Fiber can't give me a reason for why I'm ineligible for fiber when both neighbors are.

• @MikeA said:

@hkmix said:
    Any customer using joesdatacenter.com ?

Look like they are on same location?

Well, joesdc looking glass is up.

IIRC they are in the oak tower.

All the others mentioned are in nocix / datashack DC ( dedispec and unreal and now Heymann is wirh unreal)

Wsi provides nocix connectivity and support IIRC.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@hkmix said:
    Any customer using joesdatacenter.com ?

I can report my server and KCIX Link in Joe's Datacenter is up and running.

• KC fiber operates Linkcity network. KC Fiber is Datashack /Nocix/WII.

So it's their own outage.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

We got experts here and they assessed the situation from their computers. No longer than an hour guys. /s

• alvinalvin Member

Can't imagine that the network still could not be recovered after more than a few hours...

• hkmixhkmix Member

Hi everyone,

It is up now, do you think we can get any SLA credit?

• They are recovering.

Some of my servers are now accessible.

Kudos!

• kingjjkingjj Member

My Nocix has network connectivity again as of 5 minutes ago.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Mine are all back up and running.

• apavaapava Member

Server in Nocix is Operative

• My servers and vms do seem up.

• WSI's other statement
    "We believe to have a temporary solution in place at this time. Please be aware that there may still be some connectivity issues as we continue to work on this issue."

Seems like its a temporary solution.

• akhfaakhfa Member

@TechExhibeo said:
    WSI's other statement
    "We believe to have a temporary solution in place at this time. Please be aware that there may still be some connectivity issues as we continue to work on this issue."

Where did you find this info?

• hkmixhkmix Member

@akhfa said:

@TechExhibeo said:
    WSI's other statement

They replied my ticket with same reply

Just email them and cofirmed the issue already fixed

Thanked by 2akhfa agoldenberg
  • @akhfa said:

@TechExhibeo said:
    WSI's other statement

as @hkmix stated :wink:

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Interesting update:

"Arson was also discovered on the affected fiber route. We believe now this was the origin of the outage. No persons are known to have been injured during the crime."

Thanked by 3MasonR jar FHR
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

FAT32 said: Arson

That's a hell of an accusation. With how pissed off people get about abusive traffic (you have no idea the blind rage I've run into for as little as "an IP in your network tried to brute force me"), my mind is now wandering to all kinds of places.

• Umm, so you burn through the fiber and not just try for the whole building? Okay then.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@fuzzygerbil said:
    Umm, so you burn through the fiber and not just try for the whole building? Okay then.

Arson charges are typically less severe than attempted murder charges... so yeah.

• A single fiber cut took down connectivity to outside world or just some parts?