Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix.net

AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
edited June 2019 in Outages

Update 2: (verification)

MasonR said: Got an update from Heymman Servers at the same location -

The following official statement was published by Wholesale Internet :

"[...] KC Fiber/LinkCity is currently experiencing an outage due to an upstream fiber cut. We are working diligently to resolve the issue, though we do not have an estimated time of resolution. Some residential and business customers may be affected. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue."

KC Fiber/LinkCity operates the fiber ring in Kansas City to which Wholesale Internet and its downstream customers and several other business and residential customers connect.

Our direct provider, UnReal Servers, also acknowledged this outage :

"All of our multihomed uplinks have been affected by an underground construction accident outside our facility."

Fiber cuts typically occur when construction or maintenance work is done on a road. Workers can accidentally cut through a pipe of fiber when performing unrelated work. Because of the difficulty in repairing a fiber cut (new fiber has to be run from point to point), these incidents take a lot of time to resolve. KC Fiber/LinkCity is currently working on repairing the fiber cut as soon as possible. Although no official ETA has been issued, it is very likely that a couple more hours will be required before connectivity is restored.

Update:

@dedicados said:
We suffered a major fiber cut, and our fiber crew is working to resolve it as quickly as we can.

lets wait.

Affected Providers:

• Nocix.net
  • Whole Sale Internet (WSI)
  • Unreal Servers
  • Heymman
  • Dedispec

Nocix.net looks to be down for the moment.

Tried to ping my server, and there test URL. Nothing.

Submitted ticket, waiting for a response.

Comments

• Ditto. Down here. Tried to submit a ticket and got a MySQL error.

• damn

• apavaapava Member
    edited June 2019

My server is down...... web page nocix say Could not connect to MySQL

• vovlervovler Member

Thanked by 2sanvit vimalware
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Mine are all down as well.

Have a ticket open and have been getting constant duplicate notifications of their response which is:

We are aware of the situation and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

No ETA at the moment.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• @agoldenberg said:
    Mine are all down as well.

Have a ticket open and have been getting constant duplicate notifications of their response which is:

We are aware of the situation and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

No ETA at the moment.

How many servers do you have 0.0?

• miniswiftminiswift Member
    edited June 2019

knowing the status of your server from a post, definition of idle the LET way.

Edit : Confirmed, no sign of life. And client area throws a "Could not connect to MySQL" msg.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Did you find any IPv6 in there for colocrossing?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Announcement from Unreal Servers:

"We are aware of an outage currently affecting clients at our North Kansas City datacenter. It is originating from our upstream transit provider Wholesale Internet Inc. We have confirmed that they acknowledge and are working right now to resolve it. Our equipment is passing internal tests while we wait for resolution from WII. "

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Its been down for about an hour at this point.

• Oh fun. That explains why my hostigger vps also went down. They moved all of the Chicago servers from FDC to Unreal in Kansas City.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@FAT32 said:
    Announcement from Unreal Servers:

Thanks for sharing the announcement. Outage is affecting my Heymman server as well who just migrated to Unreal's datacenter this month.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • vishvish Member

boo! I wanna watch some plex :neutral:

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited June 2019

support respond: "We suffered a major fiber cut, and our fiber crew is working to resolve it as quickly as we can."

lets wait.

• @dedicados said:
    We suffered a major fiber cut, and our fiber crew is working to resolve it as quickly as we can.

lets wait.

R I P

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • hkmixhkmix Member

My down for 2 hours now

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You find and L5420s or 500gb drives in there?

• 2.5 hours down!!!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

AlphaRacks on the hunt.

• xavconxavcon Member

2.5 hours down here, unrealservers! :neutral:

• Down on Dedispec dedicated server hosted at WII/Nocix

• 4 hours down!!

• quickquick Member

Lost millions

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Got an update from Heymman Servers at the same location -

The following official statement was published by Wholesale Internet :

"[...] KC Fiber/LinkCity is currently experiencing an outage due to an upstream fiber cut. We are working diligently to resolve the issue, though we do not have an estimated time of resolution. Some residential and business customers may be affected. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue."

KC Fiber/LinkCity operates the fiber ring in Kansas City to which Wholesale Internet and its downstream customers and several other business and residential customers connect.

Our direct provider, UnReal Servers, also acknowledged this outage :

"All of our multihomed uplinks have been affected by an underground construction accident outside our facility."

Fiber cuts typically occur when construction or maintenance work is done on a road. Workers can accidentally cut through a pipe of fiber when performing unrelated work. Because of the difficulty in repairing a fiber cut (new fiber has to be run from point to point), these incidents take a lot of time to resolve. KC Fiber/LinkCity is currently working on repairing the fiber cut as soon as possible. Although no official ETA has been issued, it is very likely that a couple more hours will be required before connectivity is restored.

• Expect a good number of hours down. At least 12, possibly more. If you have something mission critical, use a backup to spin it up elsewhere. If you don't have backups.... Shame on you. Go setup backups now.

• hkmixhkmix Member

Any customer using joesdatacenter.com ?

Look like they are on same location?

• kingjjkingjj Member

My Nocix server has been rock solid for the last year, a fibre cut outside of their facility is well outside of their control. I've got no complaints, it'll take as long as it takes to fix.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@hkmix said:

Well, joesdc looking glass is up.

• @hkmix said:

No they have a facility independent of this one. It's a few miles down the road.