Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN Special Offer on Stacksocial: Pwyw-bundle (atleast 5,10$ to unlock FastestVPN)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2019 in General

Sooo... currently you can get FastestVPN Lifetime in a "Pay-What-You-Want"-Bundle at Stacksocial for a mere 5,10$. It could be your perfect VPN for unblocking streams (like BBC, Netflix..). Why "could"? Because right now the feature does not work properly (yet).
I am 99% positive it will though, and here's why: You see, usually Ivacy Lifetime (30-40$ on Stacksocial) is the go-to deal I normally recommend for unblocking streams like Netflix etc. It's a great deal for the money. Now, FastestVPN (inofficially) is reselling Ivacy (who is afaik inofficially reselling PureVPN btw). Anyway, when you observe Ivacy's and FastestVPN's websites you will see a lot of similarities: Take the "Apps" site for an example, or the "Chrome Extension" site which is basically 1:1. The reason why I'd suggest betting on FastestVPN now isn't the worst thing to do with your 5 bucks is the following:

Ivacy, over time keeps implenting features from PureVPN (which they are inofficially reselling). Since about a year?! Ivacy has implented the Chrome+Firefox Extensions which unblock Flix US, BBC and more. FastestVPN then again seems to (re-)implent these features over time. Just, that they are the last in the food chain (so Ivacy gets features before them it seems). FastestVPN only recently added their Chrome+Firefox Extensions and claims they are supporting Netflix (basically showing the same page you can find on Ivacy's website when you click on "Chrome Extension". Anyway, currently Netflix US does not work with FastestVPN extension and live support confirmed to me that they are working on fixing it, as it worked at one point but now doesn't. Since it keeps working for Ivacy I'd assume it takes just a couple more weeks for FastestVPN to get their sh*t together and fix the "newly implented feature" they just recently got access to.

For reference the "Chrome Extension"- sites from both VPNs:

https://www.ivacy.com/chrome-vpn-extension/

https://fastestvpn.com/chrome-vpn-extension

TL;DR: Not the worst horse to bet on for 5$ bucks. Certainly not the best either.
Should work good enough for stream/content unblocking (at least in the weeks to come). Most likely resells PureVPN (just like Ivacy), so yeah. Just don't think you are anonymous using a VPN/Proxy and you'll be fine.

Bundle: https://stacksocial.com/sales/pwyw-the-fastestvpn-lifetime-subscription-bundle-2

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

why do all of these providers keep looking like some incestuous pit of shitty lies and oversold alpha master ultra reseller

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@hzr said:
    why do all of these providers keep looking like some incestuous pit of shitty lies and oversold alpha master ultra reseller

Because they are :)
    The difference to CC is that their stuff at least works (judging from my experience). That is to say if all you need is unblocking streams like Flix US, BBC, CR or other websites (for browsing) and maybe some light torrenting of Linux ISOs. Download Speed is okay-ish too.
    CC is worse imho.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit Maybe you can stock some in your sellygg like 1Fichier :P

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

lol

I would actually be interested in it, but stacksocial codes are usually only valid for 30 days :(

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited June 2019

Grants VPN access on 1 device

Do you think this means you can you only ever use/register it on 1 device? Or that you can be connected by 1 device at time/simultaneously?

EDIT: It just means 1 simultaneously. Can use acc on any number of devices.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YuraYura Member

@drizbo said:

Grants VPN access on 1 device

Do you think this means you can you only ever use/register it on 1 device? Or that you can be connected by 1 device at time/simultaneously?

It probably means it works only on their server yet.

• drizbodrizbo Member

I bought one, "Access on 1 device" means just 1 device simultaneously.

Speeds seem great, I live in EU and I get 80-90Mbps from Finland/Netherlands/France.

They offer own App with internet lock and different protocols, as well as OpenVPN and such.

Im probably getting at least one more :D Thanks for sharing @Ympker

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • t0mt0m Member

Thanks, I bought one too. If you want an additional 10% off, do the following: Sign up for an account at StackSocial, then add the VPN subscription to your shopping cart and at checkout apply the couponcode STACK10 new price will be $4.59. I don’t know if it also works for existing StackSocial accounts. But you can only apply the coupon code when you’re signed in.

Thanked by 2Yura Ympker
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Ympker said:
    Now, FastestVPN (inofficially) is reselling Ivacy (who is afaik inofficially reselling PureVPN btw).

Any tangible evidence for that?

I'm not asking to make trouble but because a closer look at those 3 seems to suggest that they are different entities. So it would be helpful if you could provide some evidence.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran

https://login-mydashboard.cylance.com/esd
    3F5429D5-AF6A-4559-AD2D-B8D16E016F8C

Cylance Smart Antivirus: 1-Yr Subscription
    I don't need this, maybe someone here can make a use of it.

• So this could be a super backup during next China GFW blackout??? :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

lol

I would actually be interested in it, but stacksocial codes are usually only valid for 30 days :(

Ah, that sux then :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@jsg said:

@Ympker said:
    Now, FastestVPN (inofficially) is reselling Ivacy (who is afaik inofficially reselling PureVPN btw).

Any tangible evidence for that?

I'm not asking to make trouble but because a closer look at those 3 seems to suggest that they are different entities. So it would be helpful if you could provide some evidence.

BEFORE you read any of the following, do know, that I am very happy with Ivacy/FastestVPN and it's not necessarily bad that they are allegedly reselling PureVPN. It's not like CC where the hosts just disappear after a few months. And the performance is good enough for that price.

Anyway, @jsg

Well, they CAN be different entitities and still resell each other, right? Like any reseller in the web hosting scene, too. I'm just saying both, Ivacy & FastestVPN are (most likely) reselling PureVPN and obtaining it's feature set slowly (Ivacy faster than FastestVPN does).

Anyway a while back I am pretty sure I ran several tests before I came up with the conclusion that Ivacy resells PureVPN. FastestVPN I didn't test as thoroughly anymore but I am more or less sure they resell PureVPN just the same. Once you see this sorta "scheme" and know at what points to look, you get a bit of a hang for it. Can't remember every bit of research I did but yeah, let's just look at these things:

1) The similarity in the websites and the features implented as described in OP.

2) Both, Ivacy & FastestVPN Windows Client are buggy in the same way. Mobile Apps, too. Their browser extension(s) look very similar, too.

3) Hostnames (Google "Server list PureVPN", then "Server list Ivacy" and also "Server list FastestVPN" and take a look.

PureVPN: servername.pointtoserver.com

Ivacy: servername.dns2use.com

FastestVPN: servername.jumptoserver.com

4) ch1.dns2use.com is the same IP as ch1.pointtoserver.com (sometimes when pinging ch1.dns2use.com you get 2-3 different IPs as it seems to be flexible somehow but the 81.xxx one is the one PureVPN's ch1.pointtoserver.com has.

I also ran this IP comparison in the past but seems like they have new IPs/servers now.

Also I did this a while back (hope it's still accurate:

Anyway: I am honest enough to say I didn't run that many tests on FastestVPN, but I am 99% sure they are reselling PureVPN just like Ivacy. And that's a gut feeling I've developed over time and during my research of Ivacy. Ivacy and FastestVPN being so similar is surely not a coincidence.

In the end, it's your choice to believe me and/or do your own research.
    Maybe today it's covered up a bit better as when I did the research back then. But also still have screenshots from my first research of IPs regarding Ivacy and PureVPN which also show the same IPs for the both (although the IPs bound to the hostnames are probably not the same today anymore I believe):

PureVPN is pointtoserver.com:

Ivacy is dns2use.com:

Random servers picked from list:

ch1.dns2use.com --> ch.pointtoserver.com / ch1.pointtoserver.com

de1.dns2use.com --> de1.pointtoserver.com

Then, there are also several sources on the WWW to hint on Ivacy reselling PureVPN (I am mostly comparing the two as FastestVPN hasn't grown very popular yet and thus probably is not very often mentioned):

Source: A comment on https://restoreprivacy.com/purevpn/

And then there is:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170917071851/https://badcode.pro/blog/ivacy-and-purevpn-rather-questionable

And also:

https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn-warning-list/

Thanked by 3uptime jsg level6
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019
    ch1.dns2use.com is an alias for ch.pointtoserver.com.
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 37.230.179.2
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 176.10.126.69
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 81.17.17.66
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 136.0.5.62

ch1.dns2use.com is an alias for ch.pointtoserver.com.
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 37.230.179.2
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 81.17.17.66
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 176.10.126.69
    ch.pointtoserver.com has address 136.0.5.62

still accurate.

Thanked by 2Ympker uptime
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@hzr said:

> ch1.dns2use.com is an alias for ch.pointtoserver.com.
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 37.230.179.2
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 176.10.126.69
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 81.17.17.66
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 136.0.5.62
    > 
    > ch1.dns2use.com is an alias for ch.pointtoserver.com.
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 37.230.179.2
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 81.17.17.66
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 176.10.126.69
    > ch.pointtoserver.com has address 136.0.5.62
    > 

still accurate.

Thanks :) They are most likely reselling PureVPN (if it's not the same company that has created Ivacy). This is not necessarily bad though. Like I said: I am more than happy at this price point. It's just good to know they are probably the same/resellers. Actually, the reason why I mentioned them reselling PureVPN was more to suggest which features will be implented in the future to Ivacy & FastestVPN. More or less to underline the point, that FastestVPN will probably support Netflix US soon.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@jsg And here comparing PureVPN, FastestVPN, and Ivacy (in that order):

Now, we do already know (99,99% that Ivacy is reselling PureVPN; see evidence earlier).
    So FastestVPN is the only one where we haven't done much research (yet).
    Isn't it funny though, that they are named so similar though (both using nsone)? hint hint
    Of course I've already mentioned more assumptions as to why FastestVPN would be doing the same like Ivacy earlier.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Given that this looks like a PureVPN reseller - is there any reason to buy it if I already have an Ivacy account?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@jeromeza said:
    Given that this looks like a PureVPN reseller - is there any reason to buy it if I already have an Ivacy account?

I have both. But that was because FastestVPN was super cheap on Stacksocial and I kinda wanted to bet on its future updates :P
    My Ivacy Lifetime at that point in time didn't include NAT-Firewall (the current Ivacy Deals on Stacksocial do) while FastestVPN had this one already included free of charge. Furthermore FastestVPN claims to use "dedicated servers" (iirc) which also seems to be kinda true as they don't seem to have virtual locations in comparison with Ivacy. Thus they do have fewer servers but generally seem to be a bit more performant. I can imagine them having maybe another contingency/deal with PureVPN but I can't say for sure.
    At that price point I'd just grab FastestVPN and keep it for the future to decide what to do with it. Also FastestVPN Privacy Policy used to sound better than Ivacy's (not sure now as I haven't compared for a while). Just some minor things though.

My Speedtest Ivac&FastestVPN:

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • YuraYura Member

@Ympker thank you for interesting deals and informative detailed messages.

P.S. If for any reason you will be not satisfied with FastestVPN we will promptly refund you.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran

I tried all US locations and they don't unblock netflix (at least via OpenVPN).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Yura said:

P.S. If for any reason you will be not satisfied with FastestVPN we will promptly refund you.

Does that apply to third party (Stacksocial) purchases though?

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@Ympker said:

@Yura said:

Does that apply to third party (Stacksocial) purchases though?

It applies to every transaction that went through Eternal Hope LTD.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@pike said:
    I tried all US locations and they don't unblock netflix (at least via OpenVPN).

If it works it will only work via Chrome/Firefox extension. Ivacy also only works with them. Not with any actual OpenVPN/PPTP.. But it works with Ivacy extensions. Hence why I said I'm pretty sure Fastest will fix it soon, too. Probably only with their browser extensions thiugh (just like Ivacy).

Thanked by 1pike
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Plot twist: CC is behind all this by trying to derail summer VPS into summer VPN.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2019

@Ympker

Thank you! Btw, I do not mistrust you and I didn't mean to ask for proof. My point was more like "How and based on what did he come to his conclusion?".

Regarding the similar web sites and some common errors/problems in client software I wouldn't give much weight to that; that can be explained by factors like "normal" copying, staff fluctuation, etc. But your DNS research got me really thinking and it smells like you are right.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ChuckChuck Member

It's $9.4 now?

• @Chuck said:
    It's $9.4 now?

Yes, but use STACK10 for 10% discont

• ChuckChuck Member

@dragon1993 said:

@Chuck said:
    It's $9.4 now?

Yes, but use STACK10 for 10% discont

still not 5,10$