Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remember VPSAO? It's out! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remember VPSAO? It's out!

2»

Comments

• So fast deadpool already? Not enough a year in business, DAMMIT!

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

I think all these business are started with no business plan and almost no business capital/funds

They just get a cheap server deal, they make money in first few months, but instead of reinvesting those funds they just spend it and ultimately they just run out of funds to buy new servers and dead pool

These kids just think that hosting business is easy and quick cash but they don't understand web hosting business is just like any other business that require proper business plan and funds

• defaultdefault Veteran

I must take a moment to thank ColoCrossing for still keeping the servers up, even though all should have shutdown yesterday.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

MasonR said: lol... dropping like flies.

Appeared on LEB in January of this year offering (who would have guessed it)..... 3-year deals... only to crash and burn several months later, as expected.

@CVPS_Chris, see the problem yet? No..? Alright, then.

You do realize that they also use Psychz and Quadranet right? Why is this only a ColoCrossing issue?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Why is this only a ColoCrossing issue?

1. 1 month old company
    2. Promotion of 3 year deals
    3. LowEndBox
    Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • @CVPS_Chris said:

Appeared on LEB in January of this year offering (who would have guessed it)..... 3-year deals... only to crash and burn several months later, as expected.

You do realize that they also use Psychz and Quadranet right? Why is this only a ColoCrossing issue?

Were they advertised by Psychz or Quadranet?

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • PandyPandy Member

i remember reading a comment on hackernews about someone finding a great deal on LEB, and that they were buying 150-200 2gb/2core machines for 15/yr (or even better deal that their sales gave, that price was just the public LEB deal). this was right after the hiformance shitshow so i tried to warn him about the sketchiness of LEB/deals,and he even said he noticed it himself, but still went with 1yr deal and then upgrades to 3yr if it goes well.

I want to say it was this host based on the hosts on the frontpage back then, but as he didnt specify i dont know. but i still kinda wonder how hes doing

• Who?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Pandy said:
    i remember reading a comment on hackernews about someone finding a great deal on LEB, and that they were buying 150-200 2gb/2core machines for 15/yr (or even better deal that their sales gave, that price was just the public LEB deal). this was right after the hiformance shitshow so i tried to warn him about the sketchiness of LEB/deals,and he even said he noticed it himself, but still went with 1yr deal and then upgrades to 3yr if it goes well.

I want to say it was this host based on the hosts on the frontpage back then, but as he didnt specify i dont know. but i still kinda wonder how hes doing

I'm pretty sure those 150~200 VMs were in the same node (or two) :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

sanvit said: 'm pretty sure those 150~200 VMs were in the same node (or two) :P

Single E3 1240v2. 4x2TB, 32GB RAM.

The CC special!

Francisco

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • uptimeuptime Member

Single E3 1240v2. 4x2TB, 32GB RAM

• defaultdefault Veteran

Now their website and all services are down. Complaints should start coming soon.

• imokimok Member

default said: Complaints should start coming soon

Finally!

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2019

How unexpected.

• donlidonli Member

@default said:
    Now their website and all services are down. Complaints should start coming soon.

All evidence of their existence hasn't yet been removed from LEB though, someone is slipping.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I bought one of these as a 1 year deal. Services are running for me though... Should I still charge back?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@magounamatata said:
    I bought one of these as a 1 year deal. Services are running for me though... Should I still charge back?

You can sure try but they likely don't have the funds in the account.

Francisco

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited June 2019

AnthonySmith said: The prices are well known and very cheap so its not a financial issue, perhaps the hardware and network they provide is SO BAD it is impossible to keep customers even paying bottom of the barrel prices?

Conspiracy time....

I wonder if this is all by design and a valid scamming plan due to regular occurrences on LEB.

1. Create fake ID as CEO
    2. Create fake company
    3. Use pirated WHCMS
    4. Partner with LEB to offer 3 years plan
    5. Wait until there is enough customers
    6. Wait until Paypal etc. buyer protection is gone or reduced.
    7. Pull the plug
    8. Refund the cost to some of the customers but take profits on most clueless customers
    9. Profits !!!!

Downside : None. Zero risk. No one will actually sue or refer to "FBI" etc.

All you need to do is every other months you change the domain name of your business.

TBH this seems to be quite profitable business for Colocrossing/LEB and scammers as there will never be a criminal investigation, but if you run this scam regularly enough, you could rake in thousands of dollars easily every month.

Anyone wants to copycat?

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@jamuja said:

TBH this seems to be quite profitable business for Colocrossing/LEB and scammers as there will never be a criminal investigation, but if you run this scam regularly enough, you could rake in thousands of dollars easily every month.

Aren't kickstarter-type scams easier and more profitable ?

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited June 2019

donli said: Aren't kickstarter-type scams easier and more profitable ?

>

Well no. You can't repeat the same scam over and over again.
    While LEB and Colocrossing alleged scam... You can safely repeat the "business plan" every six months or so.
    Literally if you want to be lazy all you need to do is change the main domain name and make up a fake person name as the main contact.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited June 2019

@donli said:

@jamuja said:

Aren't kickstarter-type scams easier and more profitable ?

scammers love GoFundMe.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90268602/plot-twist-the-400000-gofundme-for-a-homeless-man-was-all-a-scam

• @magounamatata said:
    I bought one of these as a 1 year deal. Services are running for me though... Should I still charge back?

You could, but that would be fraud.

But you should move your data elsewhere.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Wake up old man

• h2oh2o Member

Gone with alpharacks.

• I really wish I had visited LowEndTalk before finding VPSAO.

I got suckered in for a year on May 28th.
    Then, apparently less than a week later, gone.

I received my Paypal charge from "HostFlyte.com" - From their website, another shady operation, probably the same guy and the same scam.

I've sent their "sales" team an email advising I will chargeback and report fraud if I am not refunded for my one-week usage VPS that I paid for.

Won't do any good, I suspect. But chargeback coming in the next week so... yay $5?

• Oh and I rechecked in WHMC License Verification - VPSAO.com still isn't licensed to use WHMCS. My suspicion is they never were, and doctored the "screenshot"

• @Gedrean said:
    I really wish I had visited LowEndTalk before finding VPSAO.

I got suckered in for a year on May 28th.
    Then, apparently less than a week later, gone.

I received my Paypal charge from "HostFlyte.com" - From their website, another shady operation, probably the same guy and the same scam.

I've sent their "sales" team an email advising I will chargeback and report fraud if I am not refunded for my one-week usage VPS that I paid for.

Won't do any good, I suspect. But chargeback coming in the next week so... yay $5?

the beauty of SEO.

LEB annuals wont last. dont expect too much.

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@Gedrean said:

HostFlyte is the company apparently started by one of the people that worked at HiFormance (Kyle Rambeau).

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/HostFlyte

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154418/hiformance-deadpooling-backup-your-data-now/p1