Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania

Comments

• govac8govac8 Member

@donli said:

@govac8 said:

@jamuja said:
    @cociu
    Any chance of making this offer recurring forever? :smiley:

I'll personally send you my pretty sisters.

I'm OK with staying in ovz6 in case you decide to not upgrade to ovz7. For me current kernel and ovz6 is good enough.

What is the use cases of this offer? Could you share some examples please.

Seeding torrents for every known Linux distribution.

Mm, profit?

• jamujajamuja Member

@govac8 said:

@donli said:

@govac8 said:

@jamuja said:
    @cociu

I'm OK with staying in ovz6 in case you decide to not upgrade to ovz7. For me current kernel and ovz6 is good enough.

Mm, profit?

Yes

• govac8govac8 Member

@jamuja said:

@govac8 said:

@donli said:

@govac8 said:

@jamuja said:
    @cociu

Mm, profit?

Yes

Ok

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@govac8 said:

I used to download from Kimsufi and Hetzner and they send me DMCA :-( I was so sad and scared so now I download file to Cociu and then to my computer. Also TAP/TUN is enabled so you can use it as VPN in case suppose you at Hotel Wifi and they blocking some website (Free VPNs on Playstore/Appstore have little to no privacy and they probably log and steal your info)

Thanked by 1govac8
  • I've just placed my order for the 2TB version, will post my review soon :)

Thanked by 1ofit
  • cociucociu Member

ps20090 said: you at Hotel

with sisters ? no need vpn ... need durex.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@cociu any looking glass or test file? Thanks

• Nice deal! In for one. :)

• ChuckChuck Member

I think @cociu should have enough sisters for him all summer long!

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@plumberg said:
    @cociu any looking glass or test file? Thanks

See benchmarks by other user of 7$ or 12$ per year offer - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157696/review-of-hostsolutions-small-vps#latest

Results of my Speedtest on VPS - https://www.speedtest.net/result/8275334532.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/8275335791.png

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • cociucociu Member

+1000 guys aviable

• poissonpoisson Member

@cociu said:
    +1000 guys aviable

not +1000 sisters available?

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

whats the most cpu i can use for something like transcoding linux distributions with ffmpeg without being killed for abuse?

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • psb777psb777 Member

@cociu Would you mind having a look at an old ticket? Last time you said 1-3 hours but now I have waited 5 days and it's still not answered or solved.

• ofitofit Member

Price on BF 2019 was $31/year now $28. Why no one asked price of BF 2019 but with no recurring limits especially if you plan use it long time? After this words recurring is more important then couple of baks for year payment.

@cociu said:

dfroe said: Nope, I do not wish anybody running OVZ6 and deprecated linux distributions forever, not even a month after EOL...

i have post no updates because i dont want to pomisse something what we cannot do. But definetly in the latest month we have try many solutions to swich from openv6 so if will came the day and find a good solution we will change all this , for the moment unsucces .

In my dreams @cociu converted current OVZ6 to KVM with no addition cost :). But if he really upgrade to OVZ7 and last stable template it will be awesome.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

Explain like i am 5 year old, what is OVZ6, OVZ7 and KVM like differences and advantages/disadvantages between them.

Thanks

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@Adam1 said:
    whats the most cpu i can use for something like transcoding linux distributions with ffmpeg without being killed for abuse?

Cociu said in previous thread, limit to 50% CPU usage overall to avoid future problems (but it i think it was different architecture maybe?). I will try to find it and post it. By different architecture i meant when cociu was experimenting with LXC deployment or was it Kvm i dont understand it fully. Maybe it was same.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • donlidonli Member

@ps20090 said:
    Explain like i am 5 year old...

OVZ6 like old vanilla ice cream on a plate.

OVZ7 New cooler ice cream flavors served on a plate.

KVM betterer, like ice cream on a cone with sprinkles

Thanked by 3ps20090 RedSox sin
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@donli said:

@ps20090 said:

Thanks a ton, you are awesome

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@ps20090 said:

@donli said:

@ps20090 said:

Thanks a ton, you are awesome

OVZ servers are cheaper than KVM because it allows providers to cram more customers on their servers. OVZ 6 is the old version that is reaching end of life soon but providers are slow to switch to 7 because it is a pain in the neck to do so and inevitably a certain amount of software and hardware that works on 6 won't work on 7.

KVM uses a little more resources than OVZ (providers can's cram as many customers on their servers with it) but is considered better from the standpoint of the customer because it allows them to install much more custom software (including a wider choice of operating systems and new stuff that all the cool kids are running) on their VPSs. It costs more than an equivalent spec'd OVZ VPS but is probably worth it.

And when I was 5 they wouldn't even let me change the channel on the TV.

Thanked by 2ps20090 RedSox
  • RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2019

@ps20090 said:
    Explain like i am 5 year old, what is OVZ6, OVZ7 and KVM like differences and advantages/disadvantages between them.

OVZ6 is based on the 2.6.32 kernel
    OVZ7 is based on the 3.10 kernel

For example if you want to install Wireguard on your OVZ6 VPS you will not be able to because it requires > 3.10.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

RedSox said: OVZ6 is based on the 2.6.32 kernel
    OVZ7 is based on the 3.10 kernel

OVH6 is EOL (end of life = no more security updates) in November, OV7 will be around for longer.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • skorousskorous Member

RedSox said: For example if you want to install Wireguard on your OVZ6 VPS you will not be able to because it requires > 3.10.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you wouldn't be able to use the kernel implementation of Wireguard because it's OpenVZ regardless of which version. That said, you can use the userspace version ( wireguard-go ) on either.

• RAINMANRAINMAN Member
    edited May 2019

I still have an open ticket from the last promo where I get extremely slow speeds that hasn't been resolved. I have had patience since you said there was an influx of customers but you haven't fixed the first customers and already offering more services. The ticket sits weeks at a time with no response so you understand I am starting to get annoyed and patience is a bit thin having a ticket over 2 months with a VPS that is not usable.

I'm just going to leave this here:

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Parfumuri Femei.com SRL (193.148.71.240)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Nu-Ip.Ro (Ramnicu Valcea) [111.20 km]: 92.545 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 9.38 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 1.12 Mbit/s

Thanked by 3uptime skorous plumberg
  • skorousskorous Member

It's really, really bad at the moment. Hopefully he can find these abusing asshats and shove them on their own segment or something.

Testing from Parfumuri Femei.com SRL (193.148.70.56)...
    Hosted by SPEED SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS (Targoviste) [124.81 km]: 120.234 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 0.76 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 1.90 Mbit/s

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@skorous said:
    It's really, really bad at the moment. Hopefully he can find these abusing asshats and shove them on their own segment or something.

speedtest-cli won't even load up for me. It always gets stuck in 'Selecting best server based on ping...' lol

Edit : just after I wrote this comment, speedtest loaded up

Hosted by Nu-Ip.Ro (Ramnicu Valcea) [111.20 km]: 110.783 ms
    Download: 1.18 Mbit/s
    Upload: 2.01 Mbit/s

Thanked by 1uptime
  • RAINMANRAINMAN Member

@sanvit said:

@skorous said:

speedtest-cli won't even load up for me. It always gets stuck in 'Selecting best server based on ping...' lol

Well, i dont feel as bad now that I see its not just me.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@RAINMAN said:

@sanvit said:

@skorous said:

Well, i dont feel as bad now that I see its not just me.

You are actually getting 8Mbit faster download speed! And I'm getting a whopping 110Kbit faster uploading speed than you! :P

• https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/secure.hostsolutions.ro says up but I can't access it and pinging my box fails for a few hours now.

anyone else?

i'm not worried about it but it's weird that downforeveryone is saying it's fine.

• skorousskorous Member

I'm logged in to all three of my HostSolutions boxes.