Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• @SunshineHost said:

dahartigan said: If you can't figure that out perhaps getting into the hosting business isn't your thing.

The thing is that, when I look up for whois, virtually nothing comes out, despite me unchecked WHOIS privacy option.

P.S. Found it at ICANN WHOIS lookup, thank you.

Fair enough, certainly pays to look more closely ;)

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

dahartigan said: If you can't figure that out perhaps getting into the hosting business isn't your thing.

The thing is that, when I look up for whois, virtually nothing comes out, despite me unchecked WHOIS privacy option.

Thoroughly deserved. This is embarrassing.

• @SunshineHost said:

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

STRONG AND STABLE SERVERS

Who’s backing that up?

• defaultdefault Veteran

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

If you have Lorem Ipsum on the front page of your website you aren't going to pass the class.

Still time to change your major?

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@donli said:
    If you have Lorem Ipsum on the front page of your website you aren't going to pass the class.

Still time to change your major?

Personally I would rather like to wait for the real reviews to come in, than to generate fake positive reviews that few people would believe.
    Thanks for your suggestion though.

@default said:

Accurate.

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

STRONG AND STABLE SERVERS

Who’s backing that up?

We are still in the process of collecting customer reviews, so these lorem ipsum reviews are used as space fillers as I do not want to put fake reviews there.

• donlidonli Member

@SunshineHost said:

We are still in the process of collecting customer reviews, so these lorem ipsum reviews are used as space fillers as I do not want to put fake reviews there.

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

• @SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

Also, can you provide your company #? You seem to be quite proud of being a registered company.

edited May 2019

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

Also, can you provide your company #? You seem to be quite proud of being a registered company.

PMed.
    Please check.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @SunshineHost said:

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

PMed.
    Please check.

The company registration checks out — best of luck with your business!

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

PMed.
    Please check.

The company registration checks out — best of luck with your business!

Thank you!

• ok :neutral:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @GNOMEIT said:
    ok :neutral:

Every post that you’ve made thus far is under 3 words.

• HostYDHostYD Member, Host Rep

JackH said: Offer thread rules apply.

Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.
    If you've been in business for less than a year, the maximum billing period allowed is quarterly ($21/quarter).
    If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

Are these rules also apply for fully managed VPS?

• @HostYD said:

If you've been in business for less than a year, the maximum billing period allowed is quarterly ($21/quarter).
    If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

Have you found anything about managed in the rules?

• HostYDHostYD Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:

@HostYD said:

Have you found anything about managed in the rules?

Unable to find, that's why asked.

• hzrhzr Member

Sure you can post managed VPS as long as it's under $7/m

• marvelmarvel Member

Not sure if my request for a provider tag came through, I've opened a ticket but didn't get a numer or confirmation email. When I ask for the status it says 'Access Denied.'

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@marvel said:
    Not sure if my request for a provider tag came through, I've opened a ticket but didn't get a numer or confirmation email. When I ask for the status it says 'Access Denied.'

It seems to submit the ticket fine. Did you receive any email?

• marvelmarvel Member

@MikePT said:

@marvel said:

It seems to submit the ticket fine. Did you receive any email?

Yes I did I can access the ticket but it's open for more than a week now :smiley:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • donlidonli Member

"Lifetime" shared hosting offers are permitted ?

• I have submitted a ticket. I hope to get certificated to provide cost-effective with others.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

Nope, you just have to ensure that, at the time of posting, the price listed is below x usd. This burden falls entirely on the host. Failure to do so can result in warnings/stripping of tags.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @teamacc said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

Nope, you just have to ensure that, at the time of posting, the price listed is below x usd. This burden falls entirely on the host. Failure to do so can result in warnings/stripping of tags.

OK sums that up for me, guess I got used to them being posted in both and now it seems no one does it.

• @ulayer said:
    Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Same here, already opened 2 tickets. No response.

I don't think they are being read.

• @marvel said:

@ulayer said:

Same here, already opened 2 tickets. No response.

I don't think they are being read.

The Mods and Admins here are volunteers they do not work for anybody for a paycheck. If you can not wait find another site plain and simple. Asking for updates and posting about the wait will do nothing except piss some one off and then you get nothing anyways.

If you do not get an answer at all that means they do not want to give you a tag and it is time to move on.