Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Storage vps ! less than 2.125 eur/1tb vps , 10 tb traffic included located in Romania

cociucociu Member
edited May 2019 in Offers

Hello people !

Today we have decided to Make a summer offer :

We offer 49% off in all our vps storage plans (payed minimum for 1 year in advanceand using the cupon code "summerstorage") recurring 2 times (if you pay yearly you will have this price durring 2 years. etc)

Before to order please note this (the affiliates is obligated to post this too in his webpages) :

1) this is openvz 6 so you can install templates only what you will find in the list when you place the order (no future update of the list)

2) if you update your kernel will be your own risk (normlay the vps is block and no way to reinstall it)

3) the delivery time can tard up to 5 working days (until the day 29.05.2019) and once is delivery we will change the next due date in this case you will not lost nothing.

4) fuse-tun/tap-iptables modules is activated by default

Now the offer :

1TB HDD
CPU 1vCore
1 Dedicated IP
1GB ECC RAM
Full Root Access
Multiple 32/64 bit OS
10TB Traffic/Month
1 Gbps Port
Price after disccount 2.13 eur/month (need to pay yearly) https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=271&currency=1&language=en

Also we offer big vps storage plans with 2tb-4tb-6tb-10tb and can be used the same cupon code.

This is the unique offer and we have only 300 vps available

PS : For this customers who upload credit in the 2 offer what we have made this year (+50% credit promo) this vps will be the most cheapest storage vps plan in the world with this price/spec (at least for my knowledge)

Any question please post here.

Thanks all.
Marius

Comments

• Nice offer. I have ordered one, thanks.

*without guarantee

• cociucociu Member

PyleCrunch said: Nice offer. I have ordered one, thanks.

thanks for your work.

Thanked by 1PyleCrunch
  • elliotcelliotc Member

Unfortunately, I just renewed my old 30% off one.

• sanvitsanvit Member

Give me OVZ7 or LXC and I'm in :)

Actual question : Can I torrent on these (private trackers and public trackers with VPN)?

• @sanvit said:

Actual question : Can I torrent on these (private trackers and public trackers with VPN)?

No (Yes)

Thanked by 2cociu sanvit
  • elliotcelliotc Member

@sanvit said:

LXC? He tried... please no.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@dahartigan said:

@sanvit said:

No (Yes)

Are there any hard (or soft) limit other than Don't be a dick?

@elliotc said:

@sanvit said:

I want a new kernel. I've had enough of updates whining for a new kernel :(

• @sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:

@sanvit said:

No (Yes)

Are there any hard (or soft) limit other than Don't be a dick?

@elliotc said:

@sanvit said:

I want a new kernel. I've had enough of updates whining for a new kernel :(

Let's just say if you accidentally download a movie you thought was a Linux iso nothing will come of it. That's my experience so far. I don't run a warez site or seed anything longer than required to download the file.

From what I understand you can do anything except break Romanian law or open stupid tickets.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Can you do the +50% promo again? ;)

• edfoxedfox Member

vz6 sadly is a deal breaker, otherwise it could've been a nice offer. For a couple euros more i can get a proper KVM with the same specs

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • edfox said: vz6 sadly is a deal breaker

Exactly. Offers are very, good, but as EOL is soon for ovz6 it seems wiser to wait a bit for when @cociu might offer ovz7/lxc or to accept to pay more for a KVM/LXC/OVZ7 box elsewhere.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • jamujajamuja Member

cociu said: recurring 2 times (if you pay yearly you will have this price durring 2 years. etc)

Does this mean if I chose 3 years, I will get 6 years in discount ?
    Just want to confirm...

I wish this was recurring forever!

• sanvitsanvit Member

@jamuja said:

cociu said: recurring 2 times (if you pay yearly you will have this price durring 2 years. etc)

Does this mean if I chose 3 years, I will get 6 years in discount ?
    Just want to confirm...

After 6 years, 1TB VPSs will be cheaper than that

• jamujajamuja Member

sanvit said: After 6 years, 1TB VPSs will be cheaper than that

>

No guarantee, prices for servers in Japan for example doesn't change much from 5 years ago. I have mine in Equinix Japan and they certainly don't get much cheaper !

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@jamuja said:

Nope, I do not wish anybody running OVZ6 and deprecated linux distributions forever, not even a month after EOL...

I know this is LET, but running any EOL'ed software without security fixes should be a no-go for everybody including professional LET idlers of the cheapest VPS'.

Thanked by 2First-Root maverickp
  • jamujajamuja Member
    edited May 2019

dfroe said: Nope, I do not wish anybody running OVZ6 and deprecated linux distributions forever, not even a month after EOL

Some of us don't care, because even if OVZ6 gets hacked, which is significantly difficult to do, and reach customer server data, all the hacker gets is media asset and encrypted stuff and hashes.
    And for this price, it is good enough for hobby and small business, it is not like we are building the next Google on @cociu server.

In my younger years I worked as an infra engineer in a big bank, most of the systems are deprecated Linux and old kernels. If it doesn't break don't fix it was/is the mantra.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@jamuja said: Some of us don't care, because even if OVZ6 gets hacked, which is significantly difficult to do, and reach customer server data, all the hacker gets is media asset and encrypted stuff and hashes.

I am not referring to the OVZ host itself whose management should be well protected in an isolated private network anyway.

How do you want to run a linux distribution with active security support within a OVZ6 container in a couple of years?

I'd say world has already enough hijacked unmaintained hosts acting in botnets.

@jamuja said: And for this price, it is good enough for hobby and small business

No matter what's the use case, you are always responsible for what you are doing (well, assuming certain legal conditions like age etc. are fulfilled).

@jamuja said: In my younger years I worked as an infra engineer in a big bank, most of the systems are deprecated Linux and old kernels. If it doesn't break don't fix it was/is the mantra.

It might be an naive assumption, but usually the average big bank put a little bit more effort in securing, isolating, etc. their assets compared to an average LET user. :)

We all love @cociu, there's no doubt about it. :) And this offer is price-wise probably one of the cheapest we have ever had. But IMHO one should keep in mind that this particular offer shouldn't be considered a sustainable long-term deal.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

2 quick questions:

1) If I ordered 20 of these... could you do unlimited, free internal bandwidth between them?

2) Would you be able to do https://serverfault.com/questions/29615/how-to-mount-glusterfs-inside-a-openvz-container on them all please?

• jamujajamuja Member

dfroe said: It might be an naive assumption, but usually the average big bank put a little bit more effort in securing, isolating, etc. their assets compared to an average LET user

Don't put all LET users in the same bucket ! :smiley:

I can tell you've never work for big bank.
    As my old manager told us: it's not your technical competent that gets you hired, it's who you know :smiley:
    Securing, yes... at some level and different per department, but way too many legacy system, and you just don't want to upgrade if it doesn't break, because a single complain from trader means you/your entire team lose the job.
    And securing things always have disadvantage, it's a trade off choosing between secure of speed. Of course customers data are secured, isolated etc. but the bank own system etc, I guess even now many of them runs very old deprecated Linux.

In my first day, I remember the team I was on rely on very complicated Excel macros to do some of the stuff :smiley: Even when there are much better way to do it in bash/python etc.

• alvinalvin Member

Very nice offer....but I don't need vps in currently, waiting your new dedicated server offer

• skorousskorous Member

dfroe said: But IMHO one should keep in mind that this particular offer shouldn't be considered a sustainable long-term deal.

Not sure I'm getting you. How are you defining long-term? Centos7 is good for updates until 2024 and Ubuntu 18.04 is good until 2023. Will I be running it in 2030? Prob'ly not. That said, two-three years of second tier backup storage and wait to see what happens seems reasonable. Maybe Cociu goes to Ovz7 in that time frame. Maybe cloud storage becomes so cheap nobody cares any more.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2019

hawc said: 1) If I ordered 20 of these... could you do unlimited, free internal bandwidth between them?

1)we can discuss yes.
    2) i dont know if is work but you have 5 days money back guarantee start from the day when is all actived so you can try to mount all this.

• cociucociu Member

jamuja said: Does this mean if I chose 3 years, I will get 6 years in discount ?

yes the code can be used 2 times only , this meen if you pay for 3 years i advance you can use in the next cycle of 3 years will be recurring , so same price for 6 years.

• cociucociu Member

dfroe said: Nope, I do not wish anybody running OVZ6 and deprecated linux distributions forever, not even a month after EOL...

i have post no updates because i dont want to pomisse something what we cannot do. But definetly in the latest month we have try many solutions to swich from openv6 so if will came the day and find a good solution we will change all this , for the moment unsucces .

• cociucociu Member

alvin said: Very nice offer....but I don't need vps in currently, waiting your new dedicated server offer

some tipical config ?

• williewillie Member

edfox said: For a couple euros more i can get a proper KVM with the same specs

Couple euros more per TB/mo = almost 2x as much as this offer

Couple euros more per year = very hard to find, I don't know of any such offers active now smaller than a large dedi. Hosthatch Chicago promo might appear again briefly next week (3TB for $84/year) but who knows.

@cociu does this storage have any RAID? What level?

• cociucociu Member

willie said: @cociu does this storage have any RAID? What level?

depend of the node where your vps is created.

• jamujajamuja Member

@cociu
    Any chance of making this offer recurring forever? :smiley:

I'll personally send you my pretty sisters.

I'm OK with staying in ovz6 in case you decide to not upgrade to ovz7. For me current kernel and ovz6 is good enough.

• govac8govac8 Member

@jamuja said:
    @cociu

I'm OK with staying in ovz6 in case you decide to not upgrade to ovz7. For me current kernel and ovz6 is good enough.

What is the use cases of this offer? Could you share some examples please.

• donlidonli Member

@govac8 said:

@jamuja said:
    @cociu

What is the use cases of this offer? Could you share some examples please.

Seeding torrents for every known Linux distribution.

Thanked by 1poisson