Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Regarding LT, it took them way longer as expected to change a single drive.
    Afterwards, the Installation system went broke, so the machine stucks in the install since 2 days, I am waiting for them to fix it.....

@ps20090 said:
    Token: b655894795fe9c7a22621705fed9a48f42fa259b

Resubmitting request, it doesn't let me apply again as ps20090, so I username as Ps200902

Purpose: Deploy and test some of my PHP applications

No, the LET name must the same, I delete booth accounts, try again.

• PhilippPhilipp Member

Just curious:
    I see lots of people want to use this service for monitoring. But if I understand it correctly the monitoring service would not be able to directly send any alert emails, with email related ports being blocked. Am I missing something?

@Philipp said:
    Just curious:
    I see lots of people want to use this service for monitoring. But if I understand it correctly the monitoring service would not be able to directly send any alert emails, with email related ports being blocked. Am I missing something?

For emails, you can still use your own relay or something like mxroute or gmail.
    Also you can use push messages, irc notifications, discord notifications... to notify you.

• PhilippPhilipp Member
    edited May 2019

Neoon said: For emails, you can still use your own relay or something like mxroute or gmail.

Thx, but wouldn't that require port 587 to connect to the relay?

edited May 2019

@Philipp said:

Neoon said: For emails, you can still use your own relay or something like mxroute or gmail.

If the relay, uses a non standard port, it will still work.
    But if you want to run a email server, which needs a standard port ,it wont work.

You can make your own relay listen on non standard ports if you want or need.
    Some providers do offer that also.

• PhilippPhilipp Member

@Neoon: Thanks for clearing that up!

• h2oh2o Member

@Philipp said:

you can try some other softwares... like this...

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • Token: fcda4348949c71a27795c093b10d4b48d6a6c53e
    Going to forward the ipv4 ports to my home server as I dont have a static IP. (Using VPN Tunnel)

• dtonedtone Member

To host php apps.
    Thank you.
    Token: 14dec81674949fd2d7b2662dcd3a0027a30e9df4

• pepa65pepa65 Member

So a NAT VPS means that the standards ports are most likely not available? You can't run a web server because there is only one port 80 available??

• @pepa65 said:
    So a NAT VPS means that the standards ports are most likely not available? You can't run a web server because there is only one port 80 available??

Correct. You can run a webserver and use a different port, or use the ipv6 address with cloudflare on your domain and make sure the cloud icon is on.

@redalertrox said:
    Token: fcda4348949c71a27795c093b10d4b48d6a6c53e
    Going to forward the ipv4 ports to my home server as I dont have a static IP. (Using VPN Tunnel)

No VPN.

@pepa65 said:

Read the Requirements.

• ganbatteganbatte Member
    edited May 2019

Hello,
    I have applied for a server in Kaunas. I am currently using a Pay as you want mix between a webspace and a VPS (uberspace.de in Germany, awesome service btw), but i am hitting some limits with the service as I want to use a VPS mostly for privacy-aware alternatives to cloud services (e.g. a Jabber/XMPP server, Mumble, a Nextcloud server or some WebDAV/CalDAV-Server etc.) I would like to use NanoKVM for the services which are difficult to run on Uberspace (so Jabber & Mumble, as Nextcloud works well at Uberspace)

My token is: 2dee1338a770635784542290c4552b4dba5d1819

Thank you very much!

EDIT: I need to have made 50 posts on LET before, right? Ignore my request if that's the case, sorry!

• 1102b7b2b8735ec6dfcb4bc3117f5e30c5c1e215
    id like use this box as "box in the middle" to create some backups to an (s)FTP server

edited May 2019

Regarding LT, they have fixed the installation issues.
    So the machine is up again, however, I still takes me a bit time to configure it and reconnect it to the NanoKVM panel.

It will be up tomorrow, everyone who had a KVM on this machine, will receive a PM, with the new login information. Sorry that it took 6 days to fix a broken disk.

All further requests on this, obviously will be delayed until its up again.

Thanked by 1RedSox
    edited May 2019

Regarding LT, it should be online soon.

edit: Disk replaced.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • LutungLutung Member

Token: 4d0c71d0202556043743450d66b67d12ae502b32
    Usage learning on loadbalancer

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Lutung said:
    Token: 4d0c71d0202556043743450d66b67d12ae502b32
    Usage learning on loadbalancer

You're not able to read the requirements?

edited May 2019

LT, is now back up, everyone who had a VM on the node, got a PM with the new login information.
    We got 6 slots left for now.

I took a bit longer then expected, since LT runs now on a new network configuration.
    NY, will be also up soon.

edited May 2019

@Tripleflix said:
    1102b7b2b8735ec6dfcb4bc3117f5e30c5c1e215
    id like use this box as "box in the middle" to create some backups to an (s)FTP server

5 Posts in the recent 3 months, I would not consider that as active.

@ganbatte said:
    Hello,
    I have applied for a server in Kaunas. I am currently using a Pay as you want mix between a webspace and a VPS (uberspace.de in Germany, awesome service btw), but i am hitting some limits with the service as I want to use a VPS mostly for privacy-aware alternatives to cloud services (e.g. a Jabber/XMPP server, Mumble, a Nextcloud server or some WebDAV/CalDAV-Server etc.) I would like to use NanoKVM for the services which are difficult to run on Uberspace (so Jabber & Mumble, as Nextcloud works well at Uberspace)

My token is: 2dee1338a770635784542290c4552b4dba5d1819

Thank you very much!

Read the Requirements.

• LeonnLeonn Member

Token: f9289a224dc34732e347a7af965e78e813c16280
    Usage: telegram rss bot container

• Neoon said: 5 Posts in the recent 3 months, I would not consider that as active.

sure if its needed to post spam/rubbish is some crap thread then i can get active.. im just browsing/reading this forum mostly..

edited May 2019

@Leonn said:
    Token: f9289a224dc34732e347a7af965e78e813c16280
    Usage: telegram rss bot container

Deployed.

@Tripleflix said:

Neoon said: 5 Posts in the recent 3 months, I would not consider that as active.

sure if its needed to post spam/rubbish is some crap thread then i can get active.. im just browsing/reading this forum mostly..

No, The absolute minimum threshold would be 15 posts in at least 3 months, which is a bit more than 1 per week and people still complain.

The goal is, to have active forum accounts, not inactive.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2019

Token: ee9683e437d1cc35cba7007f0d1eea9f10c5969d
    Usage: Censorship is increasing in our country. Therefore, I need a small server for proxy to bypass goverment locks and Kaunas seems like the closest location to me. Accordingly, the ping should be good. Thank you.

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited May 2019

@RedSox said:
    Token: ee9683e437d1cc35cba7007f0d1eea9f10c5969d
    Usage: Censorship is increasing in our country. Therefore, I need a small server for proxy to bypass goverment locks and Kaunas seems like the closest location to me. Accordingly, the ping should be good. Thank you.

VPNs are not allowed & you do not meet the requirements.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2019

@Skander said:

I wanted to use proxy, not VPN. There's nothing against proxy :sweat_smile:

@RedSox said:

@Skander said:

I wanted to use proxy, not VPN. There's nothing against proxy :sweat_smile:

A Proxy is not equal to a VPN, but its the same.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mobinmobin Member

Token: 8c6aadbde4ffc3f164a6e852205cc5517b967bed
    Usage: Personal Blog
    Thanks!

• SkanderSkander Member

@mobin said:
    Token: 8c6aadbde4ffc3f164a6e852205cc5517b967bed
    Usage: Personal Blog
    Thanks!

Hello darkness my old friend...

Requirements not met.