Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ExoticVM - Listing exotic VPS locations

BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
edited May 2019 in General

ExoticVM - Find VPS in Exotic Locations

About ExoticVM

📃 ExoticVM is actually inspired from ExoticVPS (by Mr.X) which has been down from few months and was not up-to-date. So this website was created just to list all hosts offering VPS in exotic locations.
The previous site & data was lost due to a catastrophe on our server (hint: lazy sysadmin) and now we are re-writing everything. Stay tuned for updates.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Why was the site created?

I saw many users here making threads like "Looking for VPS in ABCD country" so perhaps ExoticVM.com might help. Although I had the plan to make a VPS location list website way back in 2013 but wasn't really motivated to do it.

How to list your company?

It's easy, just head over to the submit page & send in your data. We'll review & verify the details. Once all the necessary checks have been performed, the provider will be added on site.
Please reply with suggestions, errors, etc. 🙏🏻
Also, please note that I am trying to keep the website (& the data) to be as simple as possible and not to turn it into another comparison website. The approach is very simple, you want a VPS in Cambodia, where to find it? 🔍
Head over to ExoticVM and get the list of providers who offer it. Go to their website and compare it yourself. I might add a genuine user review for each provider later on but for time being, let's keep it simple.

If you are not a provider but still want to list one which you know, then send us an ✉️ email (found on the contact page) and we'll happily add it 😉

Comments

• alvinalvin Member

A practical website was born, thank you for sharing!
    Add a price list to compare will be better.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2019

Useless without prices.

The old ExoticVPS had prices and specs to at least give you a general idea of whether you can afford one (or get one to try, or just for fun) or it's too expensive to be worth it:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20160511171456/https://www.exoticvps.com/

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@alvin said:
    A practical website was born, thank you for sharing!
    Add a price list to compare will be better.

Thanks. Will think about it.

@rm_ said:
    Useless without prices

Not quite useless rather it would be left to the visitor to figure that out.

I had the prices displayed in the previous version but it made everything too complex. It does help in deciding which is the "cheapest" provider for a location but there isn't much competition in the exotic locations where pricing can be even considered as a vital factor.

Also, it would be unfair to compare the prices of the providers of a particular location unless everything is normalized. Just my view on keeping things simple.

Thanks for your views & opinions, really appreciate it.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@BlaZe said:

You are asking too much. The only thing (lowend) people can figure out is how to screw themselves.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
    edited May 2019

@rm_ said:
    The old ExoticVPS had prices and specs to at least give you a general idea of whether you can afford one (or get one to try, or just for fun) or it's too expensive to be worth it:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20160511171456/https://www.exoticvps.com/

I never thought of it in that way, yeah it does give the user insight about what he would expect. So perhaps a "starting price" would suffice for all the locations. Thanks!

This is why I love LET <3

@deank said:
    You are asking too much. The only thing (lowend) people can figure out is how to screw themselves.

• jurevejureve Member

Cool site. Thank for your work and share in LET! :wink:

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • This will help people get an idle server throughout the world.

Thanked by 2BlaZe masteri

@jureve said:
    Cool site. Thank for your work and share in LET! :wink:

You're welcome

@Georges00 said:
    This will help people get an idle server throughout the world.

o.O exotic locations are rarely cheap to be kept as idle :p

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Signed up to tsukaeru because listed on your site they have Indonesia VPS. Ordered one and got Japan VPS. Rep said for other DC we need to order from their subsidiary (Cloudmatika for Indonesia) which has different pricing.
    Anyway currently they have 50% discount till end of May.
    For 450JPY (~4USD) you got 2 core, 1gb, and 50gb ssd KVM in Japan with decent speed. Prepare your ID for verification.

Thanked by 2rm_ BlaZe

@NanoG6 said:
    Signed up to tsukaeru because listed on your site they have Indonesia VPS. Ordered one and got Japan VPS. Rep said for other DC we need to order from their subsidiary (Cloudmatika for Indonesia) which has different pricing.
    Anyway currently they have 50% discount till end of May.
    For 450JPY (~4USD) you got 2 core, 1gb, and 50gb ssd KVM in Japan with decent speed. Prepare your ID for verification.

Thanks. I have made the changes on the website.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

Have you considered turning it into a map? Would be easier to go through. :)

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • omelasomelas Member

When a VPS place considered exotic? Do you have standard for it?

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@ServerHunter said:
    Have you considered turning it into a map? Would be easier to go through. :)

Have thought of it and is still in my "To-do"

@omelas said:
    When a VPS place considered exotic? Do you have standard for it?

Not exactly any standard per se but the locations which has providers in abundance is not considered as exotic (Example: US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, etc.)

📢 Updates:

• Dark/Light mode has been added
    • Twitter handle has been created & added ExoticVM
    • A total of 150 offers in exotic locations are live on the website.
  • Jake4Jake4 Member

@BlaZe said:

@rm_ said:
    Useless without prices

How about if each offer has a price rating, e.g $ sign for cheap, $$$ for expensive

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • sinsin Member

This is pretty cool, thanks :)

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@Jake4 said:
    How about if each offer has a price rating, e.g $ sign for cheap, $$$ for expensive

Do-able, I'll try to implement but will have to first record the basic prices of all the ~160 hosts, put it in excel, calculate the median, set the high & low point from there :pensive:

I'll do it in June perhaps.

@sin said:
    This is pretty cool, thanks :)

You're welcome :)

• crap, a VPS in Mexico is so damn expensive USD $100/mo from the site you added.

is cheaper ibm <$30, but their provision is so bad and buggy,

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@dedicados said:
    crap, a VPS in Mexico is so damn expensive USD $100/mo from the site you added.

Ah, well, I am unaware of any other hosts providing VPS in Mexico.

Which host is <$30 ?

• sinsin Member

For Hungary, there's rackforest.com and serverastra.com, just some suggestions as I didn't see them on the list and I currently use them both and have been happy with them :).

• teamaccteamacc Member

@BlaZe said:

@dedicados said:

Which host is <$30 ?

These guys seem pretty cheap, but my sixth sense is tingling with them. Then again, they accept paypal, so what's the worst that can happen?

https://www.limyvps.com/table-mexico

@teamacc said:

@BlaZe said:

@dedicados said:

Which host is <$30 ?

These guys seem pretty cheap, but my sixth sense is tingling with them. Then again, they accept paypal, so what's the worst that can happen?

https://www.limyvps.com/table-mexico

It does seem to be a bit too good to be true kind of deal since Mexico isn't cheap + their order button is a direct Paypal link. Hence I am reluctant to add them.

Need to dig around more for a Mexican provider.

@sin said:
    For Hungary, there's rackforest.com and serverastra.com, just some suggestions as I didn't see them on the list and I currently use them both and have been happy with them :).

Thanks! I will add them in few hours :)

Thanked by 1sin
  • SkanderSkander Member

There seems to be a provider in Tunisia.

https://www.safozi.com/en/serveur-cloud-tunisie

Quite exotic.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • DwayneDwayne Member

@BlaZe said:

@dedicados said:

Which host is <$30 ?

https://ibm.com/cloud/virtual-servers

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • donlidonli Member

@Skander said:

Quite exotic.

Doesn't get more exotic than the "Kasbah".

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@Skander said:

Quite exotic.

Thanks! added :)

@Dwayne said:

@BlaZe said:

@dedicados said:

Which host is <$30 ?

https://ibm.com/cloud/virtual-servers

Erm, will pass on this.

@dedicados, I added few Mexican hosts but not able to figure out their offerings, could you check, please :tired_face:

@sin, Added them :) thanks once again.

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member

BlaZe said: Added them :) thanks once again.

Nice! Thank you :) I've been happy with those 2 providers so I figured it might help others looking for a sweet Hungary VPS. I really love your site, I've found a quite a few hosts on there that I didn't know about.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • GravelyGravely Member

Love the site! Thanks @BlaZe!

Pretty sure @BinaryLane has recently upgraded their infrastructure to Gigabit though.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @Gravely said:

Pretty sure @BinaryLane has recently upgraded their infrastructure to Gigabit though.

They did, which I myself only noticed yesterday. I read about it in the newsletter and forgot after that.

Interesting to see IBM as an option.. :)

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited May 2019

BlaZe said: could you check, please

well you added telmex and triara, they will not sell you anything unless you are a big corporation, i called to request a server, and they tell me that.

reduno doesnt seems to offer services, and limyvps looks fake, but i will check. so far is a reseller from ONLINE (scaleway)

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@sin said:

BlaZe said: Added them :) thanks once again.

Nice! Thank you :) I've been happy with those 2 providers so I figured it might help others looking for a sweet Hungary VPS. I really love your site, I've found a quite a few hosts on there that I didn't know about.

Happy to hear that ^_^

@Gravely said:

@dahartigan said:
    They did, which I myself only noticed yesterday. I read about it in the newsletter and forgot after that.

Interesting to see IBM as an option.. :)

Oh! I'll update it then. I re-checked their website and nowhere have they mentioned about the upgrade.

Since two members are confirming this, I'll pretty much update it.

@dedicados said:

BlaZe said: could you check, please

well you added telmex and triara, they will not sell you anything unless you are a big corporation, i called to request a server, and they tell me that.

reduno doesnt seems to offer services, and limyvps looks fake, but i will check. so far is a reseller from ONLINE (scaleway)

Yeah, hence I had only HostDime listed for Mexico VPS.

Please update us.