Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning!! Stay away from HostKey Webhosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning!! Stay away from HostKey Webhosting

This is my warning to everyone here

Over a month back I ordered hosting for a GPU server based on a client need and specs. Unfortunately, they changed their minds and needed different specs in which they were researching. Therefore within a day or so of the initial order I requested a cancellation from Hostkey based on their cancellation policies.

Several days later I received an email that my services were indeed canceled and someone would reach out with information on a refund. When they did they informed me that the only way they proceed with refunds is through a wire transfer. This was rather sketchy in my opinion that a service they accepts payment through multiple forms, cc/debit, Paypal, Crypto, etc. can only do refunds through a wire.

After multiples emails back and forth about information they needed to proceed I finally relented and gave them a bank account I have open that can only accept inbound payments but is locked to debits. This was a month ago.

Since then and 50+ emails later it has been one excuse after another. I.E. A manger will reach out, we need another piece of information, its been scheduled and you will have it in three days, etc.

Now almost two and a half weeks later after giving them information for the refund I have yet to be refunded nearly $600.

In my attempts to recover my money I have even sent invoices to all company contacts I have been able to find that are setup with reoccurring reminders daily until paid through my billing software.

For anyone out there thinking about using them my advice is to stay the hell away with these crooks.

Also to add insult to injury Hostkey a week maybe ten or so days back started sending me invoices for my next month worth of services.

P.S. If anyone has any contact info for this company please message me.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

A legit question.

Why did you choose them in the first place? I ask because a quick google shows it's not a host to trust. It took me only 6.66 seconds to reach that conclusion.

Thanked by 1papalala
  • level6level6 Member
    edited May 2019

It's not necessary to Google - You could have searched LET. For example -

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1253516#Comment_1253516

Good luck getting your refund back.

• I picked them based on the specs and budget my client had given me. When I went looking I honestly just happened across them as they listed a data center in NYC that I had used for another project with a different company that colo with them.

• @hidesinserverroom said:
    I picked them based on the specs and budget my client had given me. When I went looking I honestly just happened across them as they listed a data center in NYC that I had used for another project with a different company that colo with them.

How did you pay for the order? Card? PayPal? ...

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member

Hosting with Hostkey seems HostLock.

• poissonpoisson Member

@hidesinserverroom said:
    I picked them based on the specs and budget my client had given me. When I went looking I honestly just happened across them as they listed a data center in NYC that I had used for another project with a different company that colo with them.

Well, you might want to spend a bit more time researching. Just because two people happen to be physically in Harvard doesn't mean that both are equally intelligent.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited May 2019

At least you now know your money are safe with them and are currently theirs.
    And you could imagine the owner buying various sorts of cookies (with sprinkles) with the money.
    No you can't have any, not even milk (and slaps you on the hand).

But it's not all for nothing, this teaches you to value your own effort and money and add a bit of lag, when executing an order for somebody, because customers, people usually don't know what they need albeit maybe they know what they want. Or, limit their freedoms - decide for them and offer them that as a solution. Or, just enforce more strict rules - money up front and no backsies. Just to protect your own interest.

And don't worry about the cookies, they're the diabeetus kind ones anyways...
    I am not saying to quit, try what you can to get your money back, but at the end of the day, even if you don't - it's all just water under the bridge.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2019

@poisson said:

@hidesinserverroom said:

Well, you might want to spend a bit more time researching. Just because two people happen to be physically in Harvard doesn't mean that both are equally intelligent.

No one really goes for equal intelligence because you can't quantify that. Your example would have been better to use two different colleges. For Harvard, you have a minimum expectation of the top echelon of talent, so even the worst is above average and acceptable the majority of the time. Compare that to community college that really doesn't reject anyone that can pay...

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

What was the mode of payment ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Joined May 14; first post.

It may be true what the OP says but he doesn't inspire confidence.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • level6level6 Member

@angstrom said:
    Joined May 14; first post.

It may be true what the OP says but he doesn't inspire confidence.

Agreed.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Since he doesn't seem to want to answer basic questions, I'd say this is a shill.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Had a really bad experience as well.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@papalala said: Had a really bad experience as well.

Please do not necropost. If you want to say something, create a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.