Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Finalhosting] SSD VPS starting at €1,40/month | KVM | Anti-DDoS | Hosting in The Netherlands - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Finalhosting] SSD VPS starting at €1,40/month | KVM | Anti-DDoS | Hosting in The Netherlands

Comments

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@JackH said:

@SirFoxy said:

@datanoise said:

JackH said: the collective brain size of several thousand industry professionals.

While that works for crypto implementation, that doesn't work for everything. And it's really nice that @jordynegen11 developed his own panel.

A 10y old could become a "vps provider" installing the right software. It doesn't mean that his node will be secure in any way, nor that his software will stay up to date. IMO building a custom control panel implies that the host knows a bit what's going on on the machines, and that can't be a bad thing. Of course the end result can be pretty bad if security isn't the main concern when writing the code, but there is no way to tell if that's the case without looking at the code, and a similar issue could arise with stalion, hotshatch panel or any other "self made" panel.

Regarding the "root password issue", is that such a big deal? Most serious users will change their password, and at worse it's those who didn't who will get pwned if the passwords end up in the hands of a "bad actor": the whole operation of @jordynegen11 (or hosthatch, for that matter!) wouldn't be compromised. Of course it's better not to save those passwords, or at least not in a way that can be easily decrypted to show them in the panel, but it's not what matters most: if the nodes are secure, well configured and the if host really knows what he's doing, the result can be way better (and more secure) than many "solusvm hosts"...

tl;dr welcome on LET, @jordynegen11, nice to see another host who's running his own panel!

HostHatch just reskinned SolusVM it's not a custom panel.

I'd say that it is both a panel, and custom. If something that is both custom and a panel, not a custom panel, then what is a custom panel? :-P

In all seriousness, I don't think reskinning Solus is necessarily a bad thing. It's refreshing at the very least. ;-)

Meh customized SolusVM is more like is rather than custom panel but it's a technicality call it what you'd like lol

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TheRealDeal said: Also there are other hosts that do this HostHatch for instance.

and Vultr.

@SirFoxy said:
    HostHatch just reskinned SolusVM it's not a custom panel.

yes, a reskin is all that it is. html/css purely.

• itgodsitgods Member
    edited May 2019

nench.sh tested on "Cloud Server Enterprise" from Finalhosting.

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.03.01 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2019-05-14 19:58:18 UTC
    -------------------------------------------------

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU cores:    4
    Frequency:    1999.999 MHz
    RAM:          7.7G
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
    vda    240G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        5.112 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        7.482 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        2.027 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 52.5 us / 98.6 us / 5.31 ms / 64.7 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 20.2 k requests in 5.00 s, 4.92 GiB, 4.03 k iops, 1008.4 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    313.76 MiB/s
        2nd run:    356.67 MiB/s
        3rd run:    405.31 MiB/s
        average:    358.58 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    185.114.xxx.xxx

Cachefly CDN:         33.25 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        33.19 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   7.00 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      27.63 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         7.34 MiB/s
  • Apologies in advance if it's a stupid question/remark:

If you use large enough encryption key, say it is larger than the encrypted data (and a good algorithm), decription should be impossible without getting hold of the encryption key, correct?

If the key is not stored on the same machine as the passwords (off-line, in a safe preferably).

Apart from the inconvenience, wouldn't such system be secure enough, comparable to a one that stores only password hashes?

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
  • solairesolaire Member

@bikegremlin said:
    Apologies in advance if it's a stupid question/remark:

If you use large enough encryption key, say it is larger than the encrypted data (and a good algorithm), decription should be impossible without getting hold of the encryption key, correct?

If the key is not stored on the same machine as the passwords (off-line, in a safe preferably).

Apart from the inconvenience, wouldn't such system be secure enough, comparable to a one that stores only password hashes?

We're kinda deriving from the actual intention of this topic, but there is no way for this key to remain off-line if the password is decrypted from their control panel in real-time. Even if you put this vault behind a firewall so only the webserver may access it, breaching the webserver would be an easy way in. Simply put: if the webserver can do it for an authentic request, you can make the webserver do it for unauthenticated requests too.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin atErik
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

@solaire said:

@bikegremlin said:
    Apologies in advance if it's a stupid question/remark:

We're kinda deriving from the actual intention of this topic, but there is no way for this key to remain off-line if the password is decrypted from their control panel in real-time. Even if you put this vault behind a firewall so only the webserver may access it, breaching the webserver would be an easy way in. Simply put: if the webserver can do it for an authentic request, you can make the webserver do it for unauthenticated requests too.

My friends, we stopped talking about this :cry:

I have only 1 more thing to say about this: If they hack intro our webserver, they could also reset the password or reinstall a VM. So what will be the point of cracking the auto-generated password then anyways..

And no, I don't want anyone to go in discussion about this again. So don't do that.

Let's now continue this in private. If you like to know how and why we stored auto-generated passwords in the past, just send me a PM or add me on discord (JordyNL#0001).

I would like to explain it to you.

Best regards

Thanked by 2pepa65 atErik
    edited May 2019

@texteditor said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    @Tourista

Let's start with the most obvious, are you licensed with WHMCS ?

Our invoice was overdue @whmcs 1 day ago, for some reason paypal did not do his job.. :neutral:

No one could have seen this coming

@jordynegen11 said:
    But no problem my friend no nulled WHMCS for us:

"no nulled WHMCS for us"? Does that imply you converted a nulled WHMCS to a non-nulled one?

No we always had a valid WHMCS license. If you like I can send you some proof via PM. Just ask :smile:

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Jesus christ, you really ARE a kid.

Trying to enforce your rules onto other people, trying to decide what they should or should not talk about,

Trying to control what parties a software maker can license their software to for specific use,

Sharing evidence of you having a WHMCS license, about which nobody cares.

I thought that you having 911 in your username was already a sign of immaturity, but this all is the ultimate evidence, provided by yourself.

You are digging your own grave, you are making a fool out of yourself, etc.....

Put down the weed and focus on more productive things. If you want to brag about your super-de-fantastic private server management panel, fine.

But you are trying to reinvent the wheel AND being an asshole about it (look at me, I have designed a square wheel, it's fantastic)...

edited May 2019

@packetnext said:
    Jesus christ, you really ARE a kid.

Trying to enforce your rules onto other people, trying to decide what they should or should not talk about,

Trying to control what parties a software maker can license their software to for specific use,

I thought that you having 911 in your username was already a sign of immaturity, but this all is the ultimate evidence, provided by yourself.

Put down the weed and focus on more productive things. If you want to brag about your super-de-fantastic private server management panel, fine.

But you are trying to reinvent the wheel AND being an asshole about it (look at me, I have designed a square wheel, it's fantastic)...

Bro, check your reaction. Who is the kid here?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • How typical. Call the lawyer, police, or try to act like you are the victim and get attention of the whole forum/world.

And if you don't get that affirmation, you continue with acting like the victim, in this case of not getting affirmed.

You are acting as described while "running" a "company", will make you entrepreneur number 1 of the year!

• JackHJackH Member

jordynegen11 said: Reported you.

Please don't waste our time. You're only getting what was coming for you. If you couldn't see this coming, then maybe take some time to think about the reactions you may get before posting in future.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2019

What a bunch of BULLSHIT! Shut up, all you "security and cloud experts" ( hahahaha! Don't you see it yourself?).

And OF BLOODY COURSE the mindless "obscurity is not security" idiocy had to be mentioned, too.

Here are some facts:

• Security is obscurity. Pseudo-random (an incredibly important crypto device) is obscurity. Encryption is obscurity. So, if you really have to blurp the famous idiocy then at least blurp it correctly -> simple and unprofessional obscurity is insecure. Security is properly and professionally created obscurity".

• We simply do not know what kind of security OP's solution offers. Maybe it's good, using e.g. a professional library, maybe it's sh_tty rotl13. We do not know. That's no basis for attacking OP (but neither is it a basis to trust him).

• Security in a PHP plugin or any PHP code? Are you joking?

• OP already provided a solution: Bloody change your password the first time you start your VPS up! If it makes you feel better also change the password in the panel.

• NO panel written in PHP (or python, ruby, C, ... for that matter) is secure. None.
      The way I see it, telling a new customer his password via a (sh_tty) PHP panel over TLS is still a bloody lot better than sending it via email in cleartext!

• This thread is an introduction thread of a provider. I don't know his products yet but if they are about the same (in terms of quality) as others they are very attractive due to the attractive price. If the are even good (say, a vCore being 100% or at least 50% of a thread) they are actually great for that price.
      How about discussing THAT, the offers, instead of a religious nonsense "security" shootout?

@jordynegen11
    Welcome in our mental asylum. And don't be shocked. Usually we are actually quite friendly here and sometimes even funny (and if someone happens to be seriously ill, he might even be constructive *g).

I'll try your VPS. Maybe I'll even write a small review incl. benchmark.

edited May 2019

Hi everyone,

If you buy a VPS before 16 may 2019 23:59 (local time), the DDoS protection option is totally free for every VPS package! (recurring)

If you already ordered a VPS today and just missed the deal? No problem! Create a ticket and we add your DDoS protection!

• @JackH said:

jordynegen11 said: Reported you.

Please don't waste our time. You're only getting what was coming for you. If you couldn't see this coming, then maybe take some time to think about the reactions you may get before posting in future.

@jordynegen11 said:

@packetnext said:
    Jesus christ, you really ARE a kid.

Bro, check your reaction. Who is the kid here?

Thank you for your email! Of course, I won't respond to it, everything that has to be said, and can be said, has been said.

BTW The attitude in your PM and discord user name JORDY NUMBER 1 says it all!! You think you are number 1!

Quote:

Hello,

I see you commented in my hosting offer thread. It's good you have your own opinion but you are crossing a line here.

Your comments are nothing more then disrespectful, offtopic words that does not contribute to anything in my opinion.

There is so much hate in it, I don't know where it's comming from. I have no problem with you and I never have spoken to you. So let we handle this like adults.

So first my apology if I ever disrespected you or did something bad to trigger your reaction.
    I want to kindly ask you to remove your comments (or make it more on-topic, relevant and with a little more love).

If you want to have a good conversation or if you have questions you can add me on discord: JordyNL#0001 or just send me a PM

Best regards,

Jordy Visser

• Jordy Visser - running for Dictator

• FalzoFalzo Member

@packetnext said:

hi @alexvolk !

Thanked by 1skorous
    edited May 2019

@jordynegen11

Re @packetnext: Simply don't care. That guy is well known around here for his attacks on and slandering of some providers.

Edit:

@jordynegen11 said:
    Hi everyone,

If you buy a VPS before 16 may 2019 23:59 (local time), the DDoS protection option is totally free for every VPS package! (recurring)

If you already ordered a VPS today and just missed the deal? No problem! Create a ticket and we add your DDoS protection!

Nice. Now you really got me interested to check your offer out.

Thanked by 1pepa65

@Falzo said:

@packetnext said:

hi @alexvolk !

Nuh, @alexvolk is way more rational and usually actually offers arguments.

edited May 2019

Re @packetnext: Simply don't care. That guy is well known around here for his attacks on and >slandering of some providers.

Ok thanks for the tip

• FalzoFalzo Member

@jsg said:

@Falzo said:

@packetnext said:

hi @alexvolk !

Nuh, @alexvolk is way more rational and usually actually offers arguments.

okay. then maybe the other one... hi @sudoranger ?

however, reminded of the aggressive tone of both them lately.

edited May 2019

I don't want to create a second thread for this so I gonna say it here:

We offer trial VPS servers for potential customers that want to test our services first.

Those trial servers are not free servers that you can order over and over again, and run (for instance) netflix crackers on it.

We check those orders manually and they will not be delivered directly like our other VPS packages. Also since our launch on LET, we see alot more of this behaviour on the trial VPS servers.

To prevent this, we are now checking the requests more strictly and your trial request can be refused at various points. If you think we have incorrectly canceled your order, please create a ticket in our customer portal or send me a PM here.

Thanks!

• @jsg said:
    @jordynegen11

Re @packetnext: Simply don't care. That guy is well known around here for his attacks on and slandering of some providers.

Edit:

@jordynegen11 said:
    Hi everyone,

Nice. Now you really got me interested to check your offer out.

Slandering of 1 provider, who still has many dns records of fake banking websites

And it can not be called slandering if it is based on facts.

@packetnext

Sorry, but while I'm willing to have tech. discussions with you, I have no interest whatsoever to be drawn into your private wars. I stick to what I said: Your behaviour in this (and some other) thread is inacceptable.

• @jsg said:
    @packetnext

Sorry, but while I'm willing to have tech. discussions with you, I have no interest whatsoever to be drawn into your private wars. I stick to what I said: Your behaviour in this (and some other) thread is inacceptable.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Yes, it is generally not accepted to voice the truth.

edited May 2019

@jordynegen11 said:
    Hi everyone,

There was a small problem with the price of the DDoS protection option on the order page. It's fixed now. Sorry for the confusion

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@packetnext said:

@jsg said:
    @packetnext

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Yes, it is generally not accepted to voice the truth.

Bro, take a Xanax, you need it.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Finalhosting... YourLastHost... TerminallyIllServers... Great naming scheme.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@packetnext dropped his last packet! Voice of truth now that is pure sarcasm at it's finest! Anyways enjoy the ban for good!

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited May 2019

jordynegen11 said: Special sprice: €2,80 /month (€3,39 incl. VAT) discount code LOWENDTALK

VAT......I have seen VAT serveal times these days. Could providers clarify if they can do a tax free for no-EUers while making an offer? Maybe this will save time for all of us.

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
    edited May 2019

@Creling said:

jordynegen11 said: Special sprice: €2,80 /month (€3,39 incl. VAT) discount code LOWENDTALK

VAT......I have seen VAT serveal times these days. Could providers clarify if they can do a tax free for no-EUers while offerring? Maybe this will save time for all of us.

If you life outside the EU or have a valid VAT number, VAT will not be charged at the payment form.

Can't change the main post anymore :neutral: But thanks for your attention

Thanked by 1pepa65