Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS w/BGP peering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS w/BGP peering

This may be a long shot, but I am looking for a VPS provider who would let me set up a BGP peering session with them. I do not need to advertise anything, I just need a feed for analysis.

As far as the VPS, looking for 1GB RAM KVM. Bandwidth is inconsequential. Prefer SSD or SSD-cached storage, don't need much - a few GB should be fine. Location, US.

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited July 2013

Host Virtual < may > be able to do this, I know they advertise not sure about just peering

http://www.vr.org

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited July 2013

If the project is technical interesting and Germany is fine for you, please contact me I can offer bgp with a VPS.

(Doesn't matter if you just want to get the full table for analyse tasks or even announce your prefixes)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

If I were you I would ask @gbshouse they deal with many of those for Rage4 if i recall correctly

• I can probably get you a VPS for that if you haven't found one already. Let me know.

• @Amfy said:
    If the project is technical interesting and Germany is fine for you, please contact me I can offer bgp with a VPS.

(Doesn't matter if you just want to get the full table for analyse tasks or even announce your prefixes)

Make sure you setup some type of filter or hopefully your upstream has.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited July 2013

Thanks for the suggestions.

I appreciate the offer @Amfy, but I'd prefer something in the US -- if nothing else works out, it doesn't really matter where the peer is, so maybe I could get a VPS in the US and peer with your source.

@dot_txt, I'm interested to know.

• do you have IP space and an ASN at all?

• @Microlinux try ARP Networks, they should be able to do this.

• @William - no, I do not need to advertise anything or send any traffic.

@josephb - thanks, I will check them out.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux - I assume that you want to run only route collector? PM if you still need it

• Thanks everyone, found a solution with gbshouse.