Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hugoton Hosting - 20% Off UK & USA Shared Hosting! - Amazon Hosted | Cloudflare Optimized Partner |
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hugoton Hosting - 20% Off UK & USA Shared Hosting! - Amazon Hosted | Cloudflare Optimized Partner |

Hugoton Hosting was established in 2005, and hosts using Amazon EC2 for ultimate stability & scalability. All our packages come with a host of features including Cloudflare and Railgun, free migration & onboarding, and free SSL as standard!

Our customers are at the heart of everything we do – always. From ensuring we provide an exceptional sign-up experience to checking in with customers a few days after they go live to ensure everything meets their expectations. We’re always looking at ways to continuously improve the customer experience.

Take a look at our offers below and let us know if you have any questions either on this thread or by heading to our website and opening a live chat!

Use coupon code: LETHUGOTON to activate 20% lifetime discount!

SIMPLE - $2.49 $2.00 p/m - BUY USA NOW | BUY UK NOW
5 GB Disk Space
2 MySql Databases
1 FTP Account
15 GB Bandwidth
5 Email Accounts
0 Addon Domains
0 Sub Domains
0 Parked Domains
cPanel Included
Softaculous Premium
Cloudflare & Railgun™ Included
Hosted on Amazon
Free Lets Encrypt SSL
Free Basic SiteLock
Free Migration & Onboarding
Instant Activation
Basic Support

ADVANCED - $3.99 $3.19 p/m - BUY USA NOW | BUY UK NOW
10 GB Disk Space
3 MySql Databases
1 FTP Account
20 GB Bandwidth
7 Email Accounts
0 Addon Domains
0 Sub Domains
1 Parked Domains
cPanel Included
Softaculous Premium
Hosted on Amazon
Free Lets Encrypt SSL
Free Basic SiteLock
Instant Activation
Basic Support

PREMIUM - $5.49 $4.39 p/m - BUY USA NOW | BUY UK NOW
20 GB Disk Space
4 MySql Databases
2 FTP Accounts
30 GB Bandwidth
10 Email Accounts
1 Addon Domain
1 Sub Domain
2 Parked Domains
cPanel Included
Softaculous Premium
Hosted on Amazon
Free Lets Encrypt SSL
Free Basic SiteLock
Instant Activation
Basic Support

ULTIMATE - $6.99 $5.59 p/m - BUY USA NOW | BUY UK NOW
30 GB Disk Space
5 MySql Databases
10 FTP Accounts
40 GB Bandwidth
20 Email Accounts
2 Addon Domains
5 Sub Domains
3 Parked Domains
cPanel Included
Softaculous Premium
Hosted on Amazon
Free Lets Encrypt SSL
Free Basic SiteLock
Instant Activation
Premium Support

EXTREME $7.99 $6.39 p/m - BUY USA NOW | BUY UK NOW
40 GB Disk Space
7 MySql Databases
10 FTP Accounts
50 GB Bandwidth
30 Email Accounts
3 Addon Domains
5 Sub Domains
4 Parked Domains
cPanel Included
Softaculous Premium
Hosted on Amazon
Free Lets Encrypt SSL
Free Basic SiteLock
Instant Activation
Premium Support

Purchase a package today and see why more people are switching to Hugoton Hosting!

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited May 2019

That's not a lot of bandwidth. If I were to upload my site at the start of the month and fill up the space, I could not even take a backup of it without going over my limit.

• Hi @teamacc - Our Simple (starter) package purposely starts off with lower limits to allow customers with smaller/startup sites to host on an Amazon-hosted platform without the overheads they'd expect for such. We also include Cloudflare and Railgun on all our packages for no extra cost, which we see reduces customers bandwidth requirements by around 60%.

As our plans increase, so do our allowances including bandwidth.

We also cater for customers specific needs during their onboarding experience with us, so if we see or predict they will go over a particular limit we will work with them to either increase that specific limit or their overall package depending on what suits best!

• FoulFoul Member

Are we back in the 1990's?

15gb bandwidth?

• @Foul said:

15gb bandwidth?

Nope, we're looking a starter package designed to suit small businesses/hobbyist's who see 4 to 5 page views per visit and ~150 visitors a day with an average page size of ~500kb (thus use around 11.25 GB BW per 30 days for traffic - Leaving just shy of 4GB for uploads etc.).

Like I said in my previous reply - we work with all our customers closely during their onboarding phase and regularly during their time with us, to ensure the package they've chosen suits their needs and adjust specific limits (such as bandwidth) as required or change their package entirely.

We have a good number of customers on our Simple and Advanced (our lowest tier packages) all happily using sub 80% of their bandwidth every month.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Foul said:

15gb bandwidth?

Don't worry, it's a typo, I think he means: 15gb/s bandwidth

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2019

@HugotonHosting said:

@Foul said:

15gb bandwidth?

Nope, we're looking a starter package designed to suit small businesses/hobbyist's who see 4 to 5 page views per visit and ~150 visitors a day with an average page size of ~500kb (thus use around 11.25 GB BW per 30 days for traffic - Leaving just shy of 4GB for uploads etc.).

Like I said in my previous reply - we work with all our customers closely during their onboarding phase and regularly during their time with us, to ensure the package they've chosen suits their needs and adjust specific limits (such as bandwidth) as required or change their package entirely.

We have a good number of customers on our Simple and Advanced (our lowest tier packages) all happily using sub 80% of their bandwidth every month.

$2 per month is really steep for what you’re offering in 2019.

Also, is being on Lightsail really a good idea? If you get hit by a single attack, you’re essentially screwed when you have to purchase additional BW to keep your services running.

Edit: what domain were you using before? Your current domain was registered in 2011 (long after 2005).

• edited May 2019

@doghouch said:

Also, is being on Lightsail really a good idea? If you get hit by a single attack, you’re essentially screwed when you have to purchase additional BW to keep your services running.

Edit: what domain were you using before? Your current domain was registered in 2011 (long after 2005).

Hey @doghouch, we feel our pricing accurately reflects the quality and customer experience we offer. We could lower our prices but that would ultimately affect our service offering, as an example right now we use Intercom.com for all our chats and onboarding - sure we could use Tawk.to for free but we actively choose the best tools and solutions to promote our ethos of putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.

Who mentioned Lightsail? We're host using a distributed EC2 set up, we've never used Lightsail.

We've always used hugotonhosting.co.uk, unfortunately due to a management issue in 2011 our domain lapsed and was re-registered hence the oddity of our 2005 establishment and our 2011 domain registration date.

• @HugotonHosting said:

@doghouch said:

Hey @doghouch, we feel our pricing accurately reflects the quality and customer experience we offer. We could lower our prices but that would ultimately affect our service offering, as an example right now we use Intercom.com for all our chats and onboarding - sure we could use Tawk.to for free but we actively choose the best tools and solutions to promote our ethos of putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.

Who mentioned Lightsail? We're host using a distributed EC2 set up, we've never used Lightsail.

We've always used hugotonhosting.co.uk, unfortunately due to a management issue in 2011 our domain lapsed and was re-registered hence the oddity of our 2005 establishment and our 2011 domain registration date.

My bad — I thought I saw Lightsail somewhere. While I still disagree with the low bandwidth allotment, this is purely my opinion and you’re free do what you feel is best.

Thanks for clarifying, though!

• @doghouch said:

My bad — I thought I saw Lightsail somewhere. While I still disagree with the low bandwidth allotment, this is purely my opinion and you’re free do what you feel is best.

Thanks for clarifying, though!

No worries. Appreciate your feedback, and all the other feedback on the thread!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2019

Amazon EC2 is not something spectacular for personal CPanel web hosting and there are a lot of other much cheaper but equally good solutions to have a server to build your hosting company than the fancy AWS...
    If it is just EC2 that leads you to allow only 20GB to a $2/m plan it is sad... Even more when your proposal to cut the bandwidth is to use cloudflare for caching, when in most cases this can lower the speed of a website due to heavy usage of cloudflare's servers, and so, will default any benefit from AWS backbone speed...
    Cloudflare and railgun is a standard to most of the hosters nowadays and it is free. You advertise that you offer for free, something that it is free for all! Or do you offer with your 2$ plan a paid version of railgun? In such a case (that I doubt of), why a personal blog of 5GB size and 20GB traffic would need paid railgun plan?
    Free SSL is also a standard and Let's Encrypt is free for everybody, not only your clients. It's like you advertise that you offer to your clients free parking space outside your offices to the public free parking space that is anyway don't belong to you...
    It is also sad when you see in 2019 a hoster to advertise... "Softaculous Premium" (you mean the paid version of softaculous that ALL of the CPanel hosters do have), Free Lets Encrypt SSL (it's like saying that there is also paid version of Let's Encrypt...), and limiting the features so much, that your cheapo (?) plans are only for so basic personal starter websites that certainly don't need to be hosted on AWS, an infrastructure for critical applications...
    It's just sad...

PS.: Offering services since 2005? Really?
    Your company was incorporated on 5 March 2019.
    Wayback machine do not have snapshots earlier than 2015. Your (?) domain was redirecting to the .com version from 2005 till 2006 and then, it was redirecting to SmartWaveTech.Com, a company that got deadpooled on 2008 with many bad reviews and angry customers on WHT.
    In 2015 version of your website you claim that

Hugoton Hosting was first founded in 2005 by two friends who wanted to provide high quality hosting that didn’t break the bank. After a number of successful years Hugoton Hosting stopped providing services to new clients due to other commitments, existing clients were migrated to other providers and Hugoton Hosting was no more.

Your site was not existed from 2007 till 2015. So, you don;t offer services from 2005, but from 2015. You use even in this area false advertisement. It cannot even be proved that you are the original owner of the domain of 2005...

Las but not least, you offer an extremely pricey kind of CPanel when i guess that you are not a company with funds and personel than can, at least, give the 24/7 support that an expensive service can offer. or not?
    BTW, you did not "migrated existing clients to other providers" but you got deadpooled and abandoned clients. A simple search on WHT post during 2008 are a clear proof.

Sad...

Thanked by 1default
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't have say anything at all.

• my mom
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2019

SirFoxy said: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't have say anything at all.

If you don't have anything wise or useful to say, don't have say anything at all. On the other hand, anything that can be said should not be mandatory nice...

• jvnadr

Showing and marking a false or misleading advertisement is useful for potential clients that do not have the knowledge to compare or chose according to real facts. Advertising "free" Let's Encrypt (what a bargain), premium softaculous and lying about the years that you are in business, is (at least in my opinion) shady practice that should be mentioned. Where do you disagree?

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@SirFoxy said:
    If you don't have anything nice to say, don't have say anything at all.

• my mom

"If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me."

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @jvnadr I'd have loved the opportunity to explain the change to (and almost immediately back from) SmartWaveTech.com if you'd have given me the chance. I mentioned in a previous post a "management issue" - this was in an attempt not to air dirty laundry in public.

One of Hugoton Hostings 2 original founders (since 2005) is still a Director of the business today and despite a period a few years ago which you have so fruitfully depicted, we remain 100% committed to our customers' success. Unfortunately, a number of years ago a breakdown between the 2 Directors allowed an attempted acquisition by smartwavetech.com to progress a lot further than it ever should. An event that our remaining original founder and myself will never let reoccur.

I'm sure many peoples pasts here are not completely untainted and free from poor decisions - our post/offer here is a genuine & honest one that reflects the business we are today.

We're proud to maintain and grow an extremely happy customer base with an NPS trending above 9.0 consistently and have numerous 5-star reviews on Trustpilot and other review platforms we are part of (for web design work etc.)

If our offer isn't suitable for you, or you don't see the value in our advertised features please feel free to move onto another thread that appeals to your needs. I'll refrain from responding to every comment you made about our features as I see little benefit for you, I, or any other LET visitor by doing so.

• @HugotonHosting You seem like a reasonable person. At first glance, the LET community may appear extremely chaotic with its trolls, misers, meme-maniacs and the rest of us clowns. However, there is a fair amount of truth in the criticism that occurs within our threads. So, just continue to be on the lookout for that and avoid getting defensive about your company's business choices.

Having said that, it may be good for you to read through our forums a bit further to determine who exactly you are competing with and what the offerings from your LET competitors are. Looking at your pricing, I'm pretty confident that you have not done proper market research. Don't compare your prices to the fly-by-nights that past through LET (monthly?), but rather to the LET Top Providers as voted by the community.

Generally, there's a race to the bottom-of-the-barrel in terms of price, however, those providers who compete without providing quality services get weeded out relatively quickly ... unless their poor service has a matching super low price ;-)

It's logically for any criticism to start on your entry package, SIMPLE for $2.00 p/m. This is your entry point and if it does not make sense to the community, then it's unlikely that your larger packages would.

In car terms, and without using manufacturer names since it'll probably start a flame war leading to LET getting DDoSed, your SIMPLE package is comparable to a simple/budget/bachelor 2-door hatchback that has the engine of a powerful supercar inside. Under the hood, it's extremely powerful+fast, but on the outside, it's just a car that not going to impress the ladies no matter how loud you rev that monster engine.

Going forward from here, there's a few things you can do:
    (1) change the pricing/features of the SIMPLE package so that it's more aligned to what the market would expect and is more of a 'hook' for new customers,
    (2) move away from AWS and to your own infrastructure so that you can lower your own costs and thus provide better prices to compete with the industry at large,
    (3) redo your brand entirely so that it becomes way more apparent that the core benefit to using you is that you're hosted on EC2,
    (4) completely ignore everything that I've written thus far and keep believing that "all is well" requiring no changes

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @BeardyUnixGuy Thanks, we are continuously looking for ways to publicize & promote our usage of Amazon EC2 infrastructure for all our shared hosting packages for sure. We see this, along with a couple of other headlines, as our USPs without a doubt.

Our prices offer excellent value for money for the stability & customer experience we offer. We recently reviewed all of our package costs to our peers in the industry and concurred that they were indeed very competitive with like-for-like offerings out there.

And yes, I'd like to think I'm a very reasonable person :smile: