Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MailChannels Alternative - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New MailChannels Alternative

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2019

alexvolk said: Still mxroute based and being used on cPanel? @jar

Aye, I'm still spending more time on outbound infra than inbound, and still basically outsourcing the front-end to cPanel with some minor "improvements" on the paperlantern template. The outbound has flourished though, it's really the thing I'm most proud of.

Jamie_DreamIT said: We've been working on a MailChannels alternative the past few months for our customers as we've had a plethora of issues.

Welcome to the market :heart:

• I'm interested, keep us posted.

• Interested as well!

jar said: Aye, I'm still spending more time on outbound infra than inbound, and still basically outsourcing the front-end to cPanel with some minor "improvements" on the paperlantern template. The outbound has flourished though, it's really the thing I'm most proud of.

I've some experience with cPanel. If you are stuck somewhere, maybe I'll be able to help!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

I've some experience with cPanel. If you are stuck somewhere, maybe I'll be able to help!

If you're experienced with developing cPanel hooks, please get in touch :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

If you're experienced with developing cPanel hooks, please get in touch :)

What hooks do you need?

• Any update on this @Jamie_DreamIT ?

@sweatbar said:
    Any update on this @Jamie_DreamIT ?

Sti'll getting there. Right now, we've configured a fallback to MailChannels and we're still sorting out billing

Thanked by 2MikeAtBun sweatbar
  • hzrhzr Member

I'd be interested but unfortunately I only send boring transactional emails

• Any Updates?

• Would also be very interested on an update :)

• JorgeJorge Member
    edited September 2019

Me too.
    I just went through their website, and nothing related to a MailChannels alternative caught my eyes.
    Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

Hey guys.

Jorge said: Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

Yep, will be updated shortly.

Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Hey guys.

Jorge said: Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

Yep, will be updated shortly.

Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

Sounds good :)

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Jamie_DreamIT said: Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

Any ETA, or is it in production somewhere?

• MechanicWeb said: Any ETA, or is it in production somewhere?

even I wanted to try it. Hope it gets launched soon.

• Has this gone by the wayside?? Any new word on a MailChannels alternative?

• I will be attentive to this. I have already received the notification from Mailchannels that on November 1 updated the value of my plan. (I was a mxroute customer)

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Hello.

Can Postal be an alternative?

https://github.com/atech/postal

• @georgedatacenter said:
    Hello.

Can Postal be an alternative?

https://github.com/atech/postal

Postal is only a piece of software, not a proper MailChannels alternative. One still has to manage servers, ip pools, spam etc.

edited September 2019

We use it on some of managed production servers which then has been forwarding to MailChannels (was used to test reliability and is no longer used).

We've been busy warming up a few hundred IPs over the past few months and so far has been looking great.

Right now, we're working on:

• building an interface to handle billing
    • finalising rate-limiting/restrictions
    • fine-tuning our spam rules and manual release (users can release up to 5-20 emails without having to contact us)
    • HA servers

It's been quite a challenge internally and we've been fast tracking this since we've had numerous instances of BS from MC (blocking entire servers for hours due to 3-5 individual spam instances and similar issues that Jarland has also had).

https://dsh.re/1735a
    https://dsh.re/5c6bd
    https://dsh.re/b0c1e

The last screenshot mentions 1 blacklist using the testing tools from Glock Apps. The blacklist refers to how https://matrix.spfbl.net/ handles blacklists for rDNS (was already set).

• I have been testing E.F.A. project and using the outbound relay with good results. It can be used for both incoming and outgoing emails and does spam and virus checking on both using Spamassassin and ClamAv. it has a Vmware and Hyper-v ova appliance that makes it super easy to setup if you have one of those environments. I like the reports it generates and it has been catching spam just fine. One problem we have is volume to gmail, yahoo so my plan is to setup 2-3 of these appliances and spread out the traffic to avoid rate limiting.

Been testing SafeRoute by Spamwall and its pretty good but if you only have a single IP then the rate limiting happens if you have a lot of customers who send to Big ISP users.

• JSSJSS Member

@Jamie_DreamIT said:
    We use it on some of managed production servers which then has been forwarding to MailChannels (was used to test reliability and is no longer used).

We've been busy warming up a few hundred IPs over the past few months and so far has been looking great.

Right now, we're working on:

• building an interface to handle billing
    • finalising rate-limiting/restrictions
    • fine-tuning our spam rules and manual release (users can release up to 5-20 emails without having to contact us)
    • HA servers

It's been quite a challenge internally and we've been fast tracking this since we've had numerous instances of BS from MC (blocking entire servers for hours due to 3-5 individual spam instances and similar issues that Jarland has also had).

https://dsh.re/1735a
    https://dsh.re/5c6bd
    https://dsh.re/b0c1e

The last screenshot mentions 1 blacklist using the testing tools from Glock Apps. The blacklist refers to how https://matrix.spfbl.net/ handles blacklists for rDNS (was already set).

We too are looking at a Mailchannels alternative due to recent issues, We have a fairly high mail flow volume as we are a hosting provider. I would like to discuss your solution further.

edited October 2019

Hey guys,

Some updates.

Firstly, apologies for the delay, we've been busy getting our selves non-MC reliant and building our relay.

We're looking for some pre-production testers for DreamRelay.io (DreamRelay.com.au).

There's a few limitations and restrictions with this test. Such as:

• Email's that are not delivered are quarantined for up to 7 days, this is to allow for re-delivery if required. This could be an issue for hosting providers based in the EU.
    • The web GUI and email notification system is not yet active but will be ready 'soon™'.
    • Our pricing is charged in AUD (which is much less compared to USD).
    • There will be a limit to the number of testers as the main objective is to test email deliverability to specific ESP's based internationally.
    • There will be a limit of IP's which can connect to our servers depending on the plan you've selected.
    • The prices shown will be grandfathered for existing customers as we will most likely be increasing these as we come towards launch.
    • Larger quota sized plans will be available soon as well.
    • Activation will take up to 3-4 hours. We can assist with configuration/setup and white-labelling SPF records (include:YOURDOMAIN.com).
    • DKIM is supported.
    • There will be a 7-day refund guarantee period (on the basis you have no exceed more than 20% of your quota). I would suggest looking at the reviews our main brand DreamIT Host.com.au, if you're looking for confidence in our team.
    • Some default email templates (cron, WordPress New User Registration ect) are blocked by default.

$15 AUD / roughly $10 USD
    10,000 emails + 1 Server / per month

$30 AUD / roughly $20 USD
    25,000 emails + 1 Server / per month

$50 AUD / roughly $34 USD
    50,000 emails + 2 Server / per month

$100 AUD / roughly $68 USD
    150,000 emails + 4 Server / per month

Additional Costs:
    Extra Servers for $5 AUD / per month
    $1.00 AUD per 1,000 emails

DreamBorder SMTP Relay Signup @ https://mydreamit.com/cart.php?gid=30

Feel free to reach out to me on Discord at james23#2933 or [email protected] if you're looking for any custom plans or have any questions.

Plus 20% off for 3 months (plan only, excluding extras) promo code for the first 20 people who join aboard: RELAY

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • What's the reason for limiting the server IPs for a plan that already limits on volume?

Is the server IP whitelisted / used for authorization?

Thanked by 1lonea
  • waiting for BF dreamrelay plan

Thanked by 1imok
  • Waiting

• Waiting

I've had a few people PM me in regards to this. This service is active and in beta testing. Feel free to reach out if you have low-volume requirements as we're quite strict on the type of customer's we onboard.

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    $100 AUD / roughly $68 USD

150,000 emails + 4 Server / per month

You said in a message that the price will be lower that MC, but your price is actually higher. I pay at MC $124 for 300k and your price is $136 for 300k.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@Jamie_DreamIT said: I've had a few people PM me in regards to this. This service is active and in beta testing. Feel free to reach out if you have low-volume requirements as we're quite strict on the type of customer's we onboard.

It's nice seeing an alternative to MailChannels. Though the price looks similar to MC, we are interested in your service.

The limitation in the number of servers is kind of a deal breaker, though.

Why not lift that limitation, and add an option to add a server's primary IP in your system. Only the IPs added in your system will be able to relay through.