Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MailChannels Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New MailChannels Alternative

Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep
edited April 2019 in Providers

Hi guys,

We've been working on a MailChannels alternative the past few months for our customers as we've had a plethora of issues.

We've saved quite a bit and we're confident that we can offer an SMTP service for hosting providers and server owners that offer's great email deliverability without breaking the bank.

Our main feature's that will win you over is:

• The ability for providers to release emails directly (there will be a daily limit) rather than 'reporting' then waiting 24-48 hours then asking the customer to re-deliver.
  • Australian based support
  • Lower pricing (much lower) & support for small volume (10-1,000,000+ million emails per month). This pricing will be public and there will be no 'email for a quote' bs.
  • Better email deliverability through multiple and clean IP pools
  • ClamAV and ESET anti-virus scanning
  • Generic hostnames
  • Reseller options (for DC and server providers)
  • Any IP RBL'ed will be removed from the pool immediately
  • Easy integration with cPanel, Plesk and more

If you're a server owner or hosting provider and are keen, please let me know the number of servers & estimated monthly volume.

Estimated launch date: May or June 2019.

Estimated pricing structure: XX number of servers + XX number of monthly emails = $XX monthly price

Screenshots:
Screen-Shot-2019-04-13-at-4-27-49-pm
Screen-Shot-2019-04-13-at-4-29-53-pm

We're open to any feedback, suggestions and more :)

I'm on Discord if you have any questions.

Comments

• Looks pretty good! Would be nice if you had a third-party fallback (like what MXroute is doing with their email services - use their own relay but falls back to MC if their relay fails) until proven by the mass?

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

sanvit said: Looks pretty good! Would be nice if you had a third-party fallback (like what MXroute is doing with their email services - use their own relay but falls back to MC if their relay fails) until proven by the mass?

Yeah, that's already built in :) but ideally, we won't keep it long term

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2019

Nice! Do you think you'll be able to have competitive pricing for low volume users?

• Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

• @LeonDynamic said:
    Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

Second this

• ZerpyZerpy Member

GDPR Friendly?

Thanked by 1webcraft

@datanoise said:
    Nice! Do you think you'll be able to have competitive pricing for low volume users?

Yeah we will. What we’re aiming for is something similar to the MX Route.io pricing.

@Gravely said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

Second this

Thanks for the luck guys. We want to bring our a fair playing field for all the hosts out there, big or small. Hopefully this will help even things out.

@Zerpy said:
    GDPR Friendly?

Not at launch but we’ve asked our legal guys to help prepare for this.

• Wow I was searching for a cheap alternative. Kindly PM me when it's ready.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

I don't mean any offence -- but are you sure you're near ready?

Just yesterday you posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest

Thanked by 2Nate812 jetchirag
  • roastroast Member

@jackb said:
    I don't mean any offence -- but are you sure you're near ready?

Just yesterday you posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest

Was just looking for feedback on our IP pools, ended up deciding already :)

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Was just looking for feedback on our IP pools, ended up deciding already :)

Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

alexvolk said: Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

Nothing was deleted?

• Good luck with new venture, nice to something new coming to an otherwise stagnant market!

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:

Nothing was deleted?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest was deleted

Yeah it looks very fishy..

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Nothing was deleted?

Umm....

Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

@zafouhar said:

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

Nothing was deleted?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest was deleted

Yeah it looks very fishy..

Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sauce in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited April 2019

Charging based on servers seems very odd, it doesn't make any sense to me. What was your reasoning for choosing that pricing style? How does that work if a customer relayed through a single server of their own and then sent to you?

Will you hide source IPs (like SES) or show them (like MailChannels)?

Will you require domain/email white listing (like AWS) or allow people to send using any domain (like MailChannels)?

Where will the servers be located?

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited April 2019

@trewq said:
    Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

Sure, next time when some provider will create a new discussion should I backup it with web archive? Public forum, secret sause LOL.

^^ @Jamie_DreamIT hide your secret sause more, so much interesting to fail from start.

Good luck.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @alexvolk said:

@trewq said:
    Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

Sure, next time when some provider will create a new discussion should I backup it with web archive? Public forum, secret sause LOL.

^^ @Jamie_DreamIT hide your secret sause more, so much interesting to fail from start.

Good luck.

AFAIK members/providers cannot move or delete threads. Only the mods can do that. @trewq can you confirm this please?

edited April 2019

trewq said: Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

It was never moved. It was always in there.

HackedServer said: Charging based on servers seems very odd, it doesn't make any sense to me. What was your reasoning for choosing that pricing style?

It was based around offering a different pricing structure, ensuring server stability and a few licensing restrictions but this is not 100% concrete and as mentioned, we're open to feedback.

HackedServer said: How does that work if a customer relayed through a single server of their own and then sent to you?

If we did have a restriction, we'll send a warning and go from there. If you're able to relay your own servers, you may not even need the service at all :)

HackedServer said: Will you hide source IPs (like SES) or show them (like MailChannels)?

We'll show them. The idea is that it's a drop-in replacement for MailChannels while offering more features and better pricing.

• @Jamie_DreamIT just wondering are you looking to launch full product in May/June or enter a beta stage?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

Would be nice if you work something out with MXroute @jar. For them, it will save up some money making the outbound relays and for you, you will be using a outbound relay that has already been verified by thousands of users (I actually found their outbound relays better than MC). Just suggestion ;)

Edit : I just re-read the full thread and I also find the 'XX number of servers' part weird. I do believe most people will want 'do whatever you want with the server/ips and just get my email delivered' instead. And assuming that number of server means the number of IPs, what happens if an IP gets RBL'd? If I only bought 1 server and that server gets RBL'd do I have to get another one? And will each customer get a dedicated IP (this should hike up the cost alot)?

Thanked by 1poisson
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Interesting. Wouldnt mind to beta test it and provide you advice. :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

sanvit said: AFAIK members/providers cannot move or delete threads. Only the mods can do that. @trewq can you confirm this please?

Correct

Thanked by 1sanvit
    edited April 2019

@LeonDynamic said:
    @Jamie_DreamIT just wondering are you looking to launch full product in May/June or enter a beta stage?

Hoping to start beta in May and the full launch in June. As mentioned, the actual relay works great. Right now, we're averaging 6 seconds for email processing (received by the gateway, scanned for spam and viruses and delivered to mail server) which is fast, really fast.

At the moment, I"m gauging an expected level of interestest, developing our automation process, legal requirements and website/brand.

sanvit said: And assuming that number of server means the number of IPs

The idea of a number of servers refers to the number of servers sending mail to the SMTP relays, where every server would share a pool of our IPs.

We don't want to be in a position where people would add a few dozen servers, which send little to no volume (and pay small amounts), and if there are any issues with setting up ect, it would not be really worthwhile for us profit wise.

Ideally, we would offer a greater level of support in regards to setting up, reducing spam before reaches our servers (setting up outbound Spam Assassin & MailScanner, yes this reduces the amount you'll pay us but reduces SPAM from even reaching the relay at all) and fast Australian support (not sure if you guys understand the wage difference in Australia compared to other places in the world).

With our current hosting brand, we have a stronger emphasis on support and fast/knowledgeable responses.

MikePT said: Interesting. Wouldnt mind to beta test it and provide you advice.

Sounds great, will reach out soon :)

• Jamie_DreamIT said: With our current hosting brand, we have a stronger emphasis on support and fast/knowledgeable responses.

Can vouch for this. Jamie and Abs are always a minute away. Very happy to be a partner :smile:

edited April 2019

Gravely said: Can vouch for this. Jamie and Abs are always a minute away. Very happy to be a partner

Thanks for that :)

Managed to get the average scan time down to 5s. Hoping to bring it down further while ESET settles in.

• @sanvit said:
    Would be nice if you work something out with MXroute @jar. For them, it will save up some money making the outbound relays and for you, you will be using a outbound relay that has already been verified by thousands of users (I actually found their outbound relays better than MC). Just suggestion ;)

Second this. I am not moving away from MXroute because it is really solid.

• @poisson said:
    Second this. I am not moving away from MXroute because it is really solid.

Still mxroute based and being used on cPanel? @jar