Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is CentexHosting having an outage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is CentexHosting having an outage?

2»

Comments

• @Server said:

@Hivelocity said:
    I believe the customers who have been offline for days will not regain access to their old data but you should ask Centex for clarity.

May I know how's this a rescue mission if clients lost their data?

Don't get me wrong though, while I believe Hivelocity is an established company, this seems more like an acquisition of client base, rather than a "rescue mission".

Well its probably a rescue mission for the clients who haven't lost their data yet but would loose their data in the next days/weeks since i'm guessing there's a lot of unpaid bills.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2019

Server said: May I know how's this a rescue mission if clients lost their data?

Don't get me wrong though, while I believe Hivelocity is an established company, this seems more like an acquisition of client base, rather than a "rescue mission".

Yeah the whole things seems a bit more than disingenuous to me. It looks more like Centex were looking for buyers because they knew they couldn't pay their bills, got to the point where one whole location of theirs was shut off because they couldn't pay or sell the company because it probably just has a bunch of leased services and no real assets, read: value. So in turn, when Hivelocity saw that one of their locations went offline and the business was circling the crapper they quickly jumped into action like vultures to take on their customers for them "as a kind gesture". As customers are the only valuable thing Centex probably has, it is essentially as if they purchased the company, regardless if they brand it like some "mission to help customers".

I really just hope they intend to honor current contract costs, if not, it isn't any different than a bait and switch. Especially if they aren't even recovering customers data. I can just hear it now, "Here, we will give you X months free as your coming over from X host, but then magically it will become 3x the cost once that time period has been exceeded, enjoy!" I imagine something like this has to be the case or it wouldn't have been worth their time to offer anything.

If I were a Centex customer this whole situation would put a bad taste in my mouth and instead of moving to vultures who have come to pick at the remains of other companies customers, I would find a new provider altogether and work on a new business relationship with someone who actually cares about my needs, not 'helping me' into some type of 'rescue' services.

Don't get me wrong, for those of you with credits stuck in Centex and hoping to have them honored (assuming Hivelocity will do so) then I would understand the reason to move there, at least until your credit runs out. However, if there isn't anything binding you to Centex or Hiveolcity, I would just look for a new host altogether.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@TheLinuxBug said:

Yeah the whole things seems a bit more than disingenuous to me. It looks more like Centex were looking for buyers because they knew they couldn't pay their bills, got to the point where one whole location of theirs was shut off because they couldn't pay or sell the company because it probably just has a bunch of leased services and no real assets, read: value. So in turn, when Hivelocity saw that one of their locations went offline and the business was circling the crapper they quickly jumped into action like vultures to take on their customers for them "as a kind gesture". As customers are the only valuable thing Centex probably has, it is essentially as if they purchased the company, regardless if they brand it like some "mission to help customers".

I really just hope they intend to honor current contract costs, if not, it isn't any different than a bait and switch. I can just hear it now, "Here, we will give you X months free as your coming over from X host, but then magically it will become 3x the cost once that time period has been exceeded, enjoy!" I imagine something like this has to be the case or it wouldn't have been worth their time to offer anything.

If I were a Centex customer this whole situation would put a bad taste in my mouth and instead of moving to vultures who have come to pick at the remains other companies customers, I would find a new provider altogether and work on a new business relationship with someone who actually cares about my needs, not 'helping me' into some type of 'rescue' services.

Don't get me wrong, for those of you with credits stuck in Centex and hoping to have them honored (assuming Hivelocity will do so) then I would understand the reason to move there, at least until your credit runs out. However, if there isn't anything binding you to Centex or Hiveolcity, I would just look for a new host altogether.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

We were just going through a normal day doing our thing when our phone rang.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

I really just hope they intend to honor current contract costs, if not, it isn't any different than a bait and switch. Especially if they aren't even recovering customers data. I can just hear it now, "Here, we will give you X months free as your coming over from X host, but then magically it will become 3x the cost once that time period has been exceeded, enjoy!" I imagine something like this has to be the case or it wouldn't have been worth their time to offer anything.

If I were a Centex customer this whole situation would put a bad taste in my mouth and instead of moving to vultures who have come to pick at the remains of other companies customers, I would find a new provider altogether and work on a new business relationship with someone who actually cares about my needs, not 'helping me' into some type of 'rescue' services.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

While I understand the view point, I'm able to confirm from at least my experience so far that they are honoring the price point and are providing credits for already purchased services. Steve and the team at Hivelocity aren't bad guys at all and are doing their best to ensure that it is mutually beneficial experience for everyone.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug