Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is CentexHosting having an outage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is CentexHosting having an outage?

It has been over 4 days since my VPS with CentexHosting is down. The IP is failing to resolve and I'm unable to access it via the VNC either.

My support ticket has been unanswered since 1st April, and I tried to PM them here but to no avail either. Is anyone facing similar situation?

P.S: Last week (March 26th), their website was down when I was trying to pay for April's bill. It seems they are being tagged with down time on Twitter too.

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2019

Their main website seems to load. Have you opened a ticket with them?

I see you said you opened a ticket. You could try calling them, bump your ticket, contact them on social media... basically the standard "freak out mode' contact :)

• 6 days, still down and no reply from them via Ticket or forum.

Is there nobody else using them? Thought they do advertise here for quite some years already.

• @Server said:
    It has been over 4 days since my VPS with CentexHosting is down. The IP is failing to resolve and I'm unable to access it via the VNC either.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1757957

Thanked by 1Server
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

it seems to be only with some servers, as there are no complaints from more users

• @Weblogics said:

@Server said:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1757957

Thank you for sharing this thread. It seems they are facing some issues for a while now.

Yes, their website was down on the 26th March when I wanted to make payment. However they changed the DNS and their site is up.

My VPS is on Psychz network too and currently it's showing "Request timed out" whenever I try to ping the IP.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Server said:
    My VPS is on Psychz network too and currently it's showing "Request timed out" whenever I try to ping the IP.

Has nothing to do with Psychz, though.

• @MikeA said:

@Server said:

Has nothing to do with Psychz, though.

Never said it did. It maybe due to technical issue on Centex side or billing issue etc, but too vague to speculate anything. I hope the issue can be resolve soon, though.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2019

...And this is the way to handle LET for an outage. Opening a ticket first, waiting a reasonable time for a response, waiting a reasonable time for restoring services and THEN, open a thread on LET (just like @Server did).

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited April 2019

I would suggest you backup your data ASAP.

They are actively looking to sell the company from what I've been informed about from a close friend of mine, if the mods are interested in proof let me know.

EDIT: They are going towards the deadpool.

• @zafouhar said:

Not sure if it's too late for some people. Their service is still down and I've yet to receive any reply (coming to 1 week now).

Thankfully, I do have offsite backups and everything is back up. I'm simply upset at how there's no communication / update given. I paid for April's bill and did not get any uptime at all, thus far.

• @Server said:

@zafouhar said:

Not sure if it's too late for some people. Their service is still down and I've yet to receive any reply (coming to 1 week now).

Thankfully, I do have offsite backups and everything is back up. I'm simply upset at how there's no communication / update given. I paid for April's bill and did not get any uptime at all, thus far.

I wouldn't expect for their services to come back online unless someone buys them out.

@zafouhar said:

They are actively looking to sell the company from what I've been informed about from a close friend of mine, if the mods are interested in proof let me know.

EDIT: They are going towards the deadpool.

It would be nice if you showed the information you know, since there are a lot of people who should know,

• deankdeank Member, Troll

A secret is no longer a secret once it is exposed.

And it always feels good to have some secrets.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Yeah sadly things will most likely be offline unless it's bought out. Hopefully everyone can get their equipment back.

• Looks like Hivelocity has acquired them. I finally received an update from Centex as well as Hivelocity. Basically Hivelocity sent us the new account details, not sure will customers data be migrated over to their server though.

Nevertheless, I'm cancelling due to the long down time and how badly this situation is managed. I hope I'm granted a refund for April's billing.

@Server said:
    Looks like Hivelocity has acquired them. I finally received an update from Centex as well as Hivelocity. Basically Hivelocity sent us the new account details, not sure will customers data be migrated over to their server though.

Nevertheless, I'm cancelling due to the long down time and how badly this situation is managed. I hope I'm granted a refund for April's billing.

It's true, I didn't handle it properly, but I'd give Hivelocity a chance.

• @georgedatacenter said:

Are you associated with CentexHosting?

@Server said:

@georgedatacenter said:

Are you associated with CentexHosting?

No...

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

Good afternoon all. We are indeed trying to assist Centex with getting their customers back online and giving them a new stable home. To be clear, this is a Hivelocity rescue mission, not a traditional acquisition. With that said, I am abundantly confident former Centex customers will be in a far better situation at Hivelocity and months from now, will be pleased with their new servers, services, network and provider. We began the process of sorting things out Friday evening and started deploying new servers for anyone who was already offline Saturday morning. With the help of Centex, we will be gracefully migrating the rest of the customers to our servers and network throughout this coming week. I am sorry for the situation some of you have found yourself in having been offline for days. We had nothing do with that but have everything to do with trying to help you out of this situation, and give you a place you can trust and enjoy for many years going forward.

We will be reaching out to Centex customers as we proceed with the migration. If you have any questions you can reach out to your contacts at Centex or [email protected]. Once your new account is set up, you can of course reach out to our 24/7 support team with inquiries and support requests.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end has averted, for now?

edited April 2019

@deank said:
    The end has averted, for now?

Yes, now that Hivelocity is in the mix we are working with Centex to avoid any further outages for you. We will be reaching out to each of you over the following week to introduce ourselves and communicate with you any information you should know about impending migrations.

For those of you unfamiliar with Hivelocity:
    1. We have been in business since 2002.
    2. We employ nearly 100 of the best and brightest technicians in the industry.
    3. We serve customers from over 130 countries from our data centers in Dallas, Los Angeles, Tampa, Miami, New York City, Atlanta and Seattle
    4. We provide 24/7/365 technical support via live chat, phone and ticket system.
    5. You can see a live stream from a handful of our data centers about halfway down the screen at https://www.hivelocity.net/.

• Hivelocity said: Yes, now that Hivelocity is in the mix we are working with Centex to avoid any further outages for you.

are you taking over colocated machines as well?

@aaraya1516 said:

Hivelocity said: Yes, now that Hivelocity is in the mix we are working with Centex to avoid any further outages for you.

are you taking over colocated machines as well?

Colo is being handled case by case with some perhaps not being required to be moved or taken over by Hivelocity. I suggest you reach out to Centex first to get some answers. Of course, feel free to email [email protected] and we will do our best to get you some answers as well.

• ServerServer Member
    edited April 2019

@Hivelocity said:
    Good afternoon all. We are indeed trying to assist Centex with getting their customers back online and giving them a new stable home. To be clear, this is a Hivelocity rescue mission, not a traditional acquisition. With that said, I am abundantly confident former Centex customers will be in a far better situation at Hivelocity and months from now, will be pleased with their new servers, services, network and provider. We began the process of sorting things out Friday evening and started deploying new servers for anyone who was already offline Saturday morning. With the help of Centex, we will be gracefully migrating the rest of the customers to our servers and network throughout this coming week. I am sorry for the situation some of you have found yourself in having been offline for days. We had nothing do with that but have everything to do with trying to help you out of this situation, and give you a place you can trust and enjoy for many years going forward.

We will be reaching out to Centex customers as we proceed with the migration. If you have any questions you can reach out to your contacts at Centex or [email protected]. Once your new account is set up, you can of course reach out to our 24/7 support team with inquiries and support requests.

Hi,

Will the VPS be migrated over to Hivelocity infrastructure or it's safe to assume the data are gone forever?

If we, the clients are no longer interested in this whole rescue mission due to the week long downtime, I believe we are entitled to a refund for April's billing. Is Centex still around to honor the refund?

@Server said:😐

@Hivelocity said:

Hi,

Will the VPS be migrated over to Hivelocity infrastructure or it's safe to assume the data are gone forever?

If we, the clients are no longer interested in this whole rescue mission due to the week long downtime, I believe we are entitled to a refund for April's billing. Is Centex still around to honor the refund?

Any servers or VPS that are down should have replacement servers and VPS already deployed with login information sent to your email over the weekend. If you are offline and have not received an email from Centex and Hivelocity both, you need to open a support ticket with centex. I believe the customers who have been offline for days will not regain access to their old data but you should ask Centex for clarity. Customers that are online will be contacted this week, if not already, to coordinate a smooth migration. If you are not interested in becoming a Hivelocity customer that is your prerogative and we wish you well. If you decide to give us a shot we will be in a much better position to address your previous billing situation and see about making things right with you. I recommend you reach out to Centex directly to find out their intentions with any refund you may be owed so you can be armed with all the information to make the best decision for your business.

• Hey @Hivelocity ,

Just wanted to say I really appreciate the proactiveness on this! Got a call from Rob this morning to introduce himself and begin discussions on migration. Really thrilled for the future now that it is under you.

• edited April 2019

Does that mean that we can finally get a VPS from Hivelocity(indirectly)??

• @t0ny0 said:
    Does that mean that we can finally get a VPS from Hivelocity(indirectly)??

You already can. SparkNode ;)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • ServerServer Member
    edited April 2019

@Hivelocity said:
    I believe the customers who have been offline for days will not regain access to their old data but you should ask Centex for clarity.

May I know how's this a rescue mission if clients lost their data?

Don't get me wrong though, while I believe Hivelocity is an established company, this seems more like an acquisition of client base, rather than a "rescue mission".