Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOLUS.IO - Finally The SolusVM Update? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SOLUS.IO - Finally The SolusVM Update?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jackb said:
    Depends what the price hike ends up being imo. We've wanted to roll our own for years but never invested the time to complete it.

I really haven't because I have a hard time trusting people, and I have little skills in that area so I'd be paying someone or a group, and then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without a security audit.

I don't think it will be too bad, Plesk's existing products aren't that bad compared to alternatives. I'm just glad things are actually moving more.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I've also met Phill and some guys from Plesk over at CloudFest and am really happy with the meeting itself. The future seems brighter than it has ever been for Solus, at the exact moment.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

For some reasons, the UI looks same-same as Vultr for me. :D

• LeviLevi Member

feezioxiii said: For some reasons, the UI looks same-same as Vultr for me

And it's good. Vultr UI is the most intuitive as far as I come across. Less clicks to achieve results. Hetzner comes close. Linode is the most horrible

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

feezioxiii said: For some reasons, the UI looks same-same as Vultr for me

And it's good. Vultr UI is the most intuitive as far as I come across. Less clicks to achieve results. Hetzner comes close. Linode is the most horrible

Linode launched a new cloud manager, better than the old one.

• @ExonHost said:
    Linode launched a new cloud manager, better than the old one.

still better the old panel you can export a to csv, simple table of server list.

when you had more than 50 server you'll notice something wrong with their latest panel

• Any news on this.. have given any idea on dates ... testing ... pricing ... anything other than a sexy holding page? GL

• sudorangersudoranger Member
    edited May 2019

@Hello-Marc said:
    Any news on this.. have given any idea on dates ... testing ... pricing ... anything other than a sexy holding page? GL

Nope. But one feeling-strong police forum will close this thread for allegedly necro-ing.

• Tr33nTr33n Member

@Hello-Marc said:
    Any news on this.. have given any idea on dates ... testing ... pricing ... anything other than a sexy holding page? GL

I received following newsletter one week ago:

Technology is radically changing many aspects of daily life, as the digitization of processes and tasks is transforming the way we manage virtual infrastructure, virtual machines and applications by leveraging them into the cloud. The customers of 2020 will be more informed and in charge of the experience they demand. They will expect hosting companies to anticipate their individual needs and customize the experience.

At solus.io we see the hosting industry going through rapid change. Not only do we want to understand and anticipate this change, we want to impact it.
    Why solus.io?

We will take the complexities out of virtual infrastructure management by offering blazing fast, on-demand VMs, a simple API and an easy-to-use self-service control panel for customers on top of a powerful administration control panel for service providers.

You'll be amazed at how fast and easy your customers can build cloud servers. The setup of the solus.io platform is super quick and painless.

Here are three reasons to consider solus.io:

1. Simple and easy-to-use UI

The controls of the popular cloud providers make you feel like you’re in a jet cockpit. There are way too many knobs, dials, switches, and levers to deal with. solus.io’s user interface is super simple, but feature packed. There's just enough links and buttons that give you access to the available functionality.
    solus.io Interface

This doesn’t mean the platform lacks functionality. It does have everything it takes to deploy and manage virtual machines on the fly. It comes with an intuitive user interface to control all of your virtual servers. Create, resize, rebuild and snapshot with single clicks. An experience designed around the user instead of technology.

1. Automation and Integration

For automation and integration with 3rd party tools, solus.io exposes a simple but fully featured, modern REST API incorporating role based access - designed for cloud service providers, their resellers and end-customers.

1. Features & Performance

solus.io’s simplicity doesn’t come at the cost of performance. Open-source KVM, high-density OpenVZ with it’s premium features or even cloud computing? With its admin user interface you are able to keep control of all your servers.

..there’s more in the pipeline, we’ll keep you updated!

Stay tuned!

Screenshot of the screenshots inside the mail: https://imgur.com/a/N0QLdX7

• @Tr33n Thanks 👍🏻

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

Ofc, they are Plesking the shit out of the UI. lol. I mean, I personally like the Plesk UI, but still makes me laugh a bit.

• @SpryServers_Tab said:
    Ofc, they are Plesking the shit out of the UI. lol. I mean, I personally like the Plesk UI, but still makes me laugh a bit.

It looks clean from the preview images, and Plesk UI is tidy :) just hope it works about time a good VPS panel comes to market that doesn't look dated. GL

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:

Plesk all the shit.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@Hello-Marc said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

It looks clean from the preview images, and Plesk UI is tidy :) just hope it works about time a good VPS panel comes to market that doesn't look dated. GL

Agreed. I'm definitely crossing my fingers. I must say, after Plesk became it's own company, the product has improved significantly. I do have hope for SolusVM for the first time in a long time.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

They promised us "SolusVM 2.0" for like 3 years... I'm not taking this serious.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@sudoranger said:

@Hello-Marc said:

Nope. But one feeling-strong police forum will close this thread for allegedly necro-ing.

Necroing is fine here if the topic is still relevant, which it is in this case.

Thanked by 2alexvolk trewq
  • @joepie91 said:

@sudoranger said:

@Hello-Marc said:

Necroing is fine here if the topic is still relevant, which it is in this case.

Relevant topic.

Bullshit.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156563/whats-the-most-lightweight-server-side-language-for-mysql-server#latest

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156202/looking-for-coders#latest

This isn't Solus Support Ticket but I know what is irrelevant or not.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@jordynegen11 said:

OnApp were dragging their feet. Plesk aren't and Phill is still involved, so I think solusvm2 will actually happen this time.

@sudoranger

Not really - I think what you're missing is the key point "is anyone else likely interested in further discussion on the topic". The two threads you necro'd don't have that - if OP didn't get their answer, they would have followed up. With the next version of solusvm there is a very large number of providers and a decent number of end users who take interest in updates on this and it is very much still an ongoing topic.

• @sudoranger said:

How much developing SolusVM alternative will cost? Less than $1 this time?

Oh, sorry because Plesta (Solus)/ Softaculous (Virtualizor) will find this thread and buy them thus killing all potential startups. Haters will disagree.

• These 2 idiots quoting my last sentence without trying to understand what it meant towards the previous reply.

The thread was closed before people even have the chance to show interest. Now that's bias and power abuse. My replies were also follow-ups for the OP and "relevant".

And what is this shit @alexvolk doing and replying in all my posts. I'm not even talking to you. Go find attention somewhere else. You are bringing other argument into this thread which has nothing to do with OP questions. Hijacking another thread just to pick a fight? You have serious mental problem. $1 to develop SolusVM doesn't make any sense at all. What's your point? No idea what to pick then he about stop making yourself look stupid eveywhere n take your PMS pills.

Thanked by 2alexvolk BlaZe
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

@jackb said:

@jordynegen11 said:

OnApp were dragging their feet. Plesk aren't and Phill is still involved, so I think >solusvm2 will actually happen this time.

I can remember they promised me before onapp took over.

"SolusVM 2.0 will be ready in a couple of weeks", "SolusVM 2.0 will be ready soon"

I asked multiple times via their support.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Hopefully it gets better with this new updated. The last time I tried SolusVM it was a terrible experience. The documentation is insanely lacking.

• @sudoranger said:
    These 2 idiots; stop making yourself look stupid; take your PMS pills.

Please take care of your words, kid.

@sudoranger said:
    The thread was closed before people even have the chance to show interest. Now that's bias and power abuse. My replies were also follow-ups for the OP and "relevant".

It was only you who was necro posting over here without having any point at all.

Power abuse is when getting a ban forever for posting stupid comments.

sudoranger said: And what is this shit @alexvolk doing and replying in all my posts. I'm not even talking to you.

Just click here to ignore me.

sudoranger said: $1 to develop SolusVM doesn't make any sense at all. What's your point? No idea what to pick then he about eveywhere n

My point is you don't have any prior experience but trying to teach what can be developed for less than $350.

• @alexvolk said:

@sudoranger said:
    These 2 idiots; stop making yourself look stupid; take your PMS pills.

Please take care of your words, kid.

@sudoranger said:

It was only you who was necro posting over here without having any point at all.

Power abuse is when getting a ban forever for posting stupid comments.

sudoranger said: And what is this shit @alexvolk doing and replying in all my posts. I'm not even talking to you.

Just click here to ignore me.

sudoranger said: $1 to develop SolusVM doesn't make any sense at all. What's your point? No idea what to pick then he about eveywhere n

My point is you don't have any prior experience but trying to teach what can be developed for less than $350.

Blah blah blah. How ironic.

edited May 2019

@sudoranger said:
    These 2 idiots quoting my last sentence without trying to understand what it meant towards the previous reply.

And what is this shit @alexvolk doing and replying in all my posts. I'm not even talking to you. Go find attention somewhere else. You are bringing other argument into this thread which has nothing to do with OP questions. Hijacking another thread just to pick a fight? You have serious mental problem. $1 to develop SolusVM doesn't make any sense at all. What's your point? No idea what to pick then he about stop making yourself look stupid eveywhere n take your PMS pills.

Lurk moar. Your shitposting is not up to the required standard (e.g. people like @eol make theirs funny), just like your knowledge of general forum etiquette which clearly is lacking.

• @jackb said:
    Lurk moar. Your shitposting is not up to the required standard (e.g. people like @eol make theirs funny), just like your knowledge of general forum etiquette.

...I think what you're missing is the key point "is anyone else likely interested in further discussion on the topic"...

in your face

edited May 2019

@sudoranger said:

@jackb said:
    Lurk moar. Your shitposting is not up to the required standard (e.g. people like @eol make theirs funny), just like your knowledge of general forum etiquette.

...I think what you're missing is the key point "is anyone else likely interested in further discussion on the topic"...

in your face

Congrats you can read. Shame you missed the context.

You have derailed this enough now, if you want to continue trying to insult me feel free to do it via profile comments (so everyone can have a laugh) or pm.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @jackb said:
    Congrats you can read. Shame you missed the context.

Shame you missed my reply. I said The thread was closed before people even have the chance to show interest but you can only say Lurk moar.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

alexvolk said: How much developing SolusVM alternative will cost?

It would take about 1-3 months for somebody with no PHP knowledge depending on if they only work weekends. ;)

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2019

@KuJoe said:
    It would take about 1-3 months for somebody with no PHP knowledge depending on if they only work weekends. ;)

Joe, without prior experience in server administration or something similar it wouldn't be so easy :wink: