Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hivelocity and Psychz Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hivelocity and Psychz Review

fhnericfhneric Member
edited March 2019 in Reviews

Recently, I decided to get a collocation package with Psychz. I didn't know what to expect, and my server was delivered to them on Thursday, I asked for an eta of how long it would take to be setup and they told me 24-48 hours. As they were taking longer than the eta they had given me, I contacted Hivelocity and to my surprise they were able to guarantee setup today.

While George over at Psychz did offer me 2 months free for the wait and issues, I ultimately decided to go with Hivelocity because of reviews I had read and heard about Psychz and based off of the fast responses I was getting from Hivelocity . I do admit, that I was a tad impatient, and I have personally contacted George and made sure that I didn't leave Psychz on a bad note.

That being said, what ultimately made me choose Hivelocity was their free ddos protection, their response time, and their support replies were not broken English. In the end, both Hivelocity and Psychz went above and beyond in support. George was understanding and offered to make things right, and Hivelocity was able to get my server set up today.

Thanked by 1vovler

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited March 2019

Registered at January 2013 and reviewing a well known company... but this is LET so he is probably shilling <3

Thanked by 1eol
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I am waiting for the day that I can afford a Hivelocity dedi server.

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

@FAT32 said:
    I am waiting for the day that I can afford a Hivelocity dedi server.

They're really not that bad. E3v5, 32GB, SSD for $125/m.

Thanked by 1FAT32

@MikeA said:
    They're really not that bad. E3v5, 32GB, SSD for $125/m.

Ya, it is not that bad, but thats too premium to let it idle.

Thanked by 1imok
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

Well, if you pay adequately, you generally get adequate service.

666% of LET users do not want to pay that much. Don't mark my words. In few years, we will see kids wanting 1 dollar dedicated server.

@deank said:
    Well, if you pay adequately, you generally get adequate service.

666% of LET users do not want to pay that much. Don't mark my words. In few years, we will see kids wanting 1 dollar dedicated server.

I do pay enough for production service, but for personal hobby project I just can't unless I am rich enough.

• FAT32 said: I am waiting for the day that I can afford a Hivelocity dedi server.

I used to pay $55 per month for a Hivelocity dedicated server back in 2010. Do they not have servers that cheap any more?

• eoleol Member

The dollar also dropped in actual value over the years and will continue to do so.

• fhneric said: and their support replies were not broken English

I'm sorry. And sorry for offtop.
    I never ever remember that the native speakers complain about someones English. Never.
    Are you a native speaker? No, sorry, try to get me correctly, because I do not know what people @nsw3r3d to u in SuPoRt tickets, but this is always funny.

Why?

I'm not a native speaker, and I do a lot of mistakes when I write something. (shame on me)
    But when a guy who complain about someones English write a text with tons of small issues, it's not what supposed to be. Again, sorry.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@desperand said:

Grammarly is awesome!