Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback Needed. Best VPS Provider for you? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback Needed. Best VPS Provider for you?

2»

Comments

• @bugrakoc said:

@TimboJones said: 60+ providers in 8 years? No, not suspicious as fuck at all. I don't know what you're doing, but you're doing it wrong.

Dude, he's clearly addicted. Please be more supportive.

He's counting providers, not servers. He's doing it wrong.

• Inception Hosting, Ginernet, Ramnode =)

Thanked by 2coolindark jmginer
  • AlphaVPS has been great so far. (They do need a website redesign :) )

Not OpenVZ. The OVZ box keeps getting high load alerts and goes down for ~1 minute occasionally.

The KVM box from them has been solid so far.

• If only taking into account those with "budget VPS hosting", I have good and long experience with

Contabo (4+ years), DatabaseByDesignLLC (7+ years), Scaleway (3+ years), SSDNodes (5+ years)

Less long, but good experience with OVH, BuyVM, AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Master_Bo said:
    If only taking into account those with "budget VPS hosting", I have good and long experience with

Contabo (4+ years), DatabaseByDesignLLC (7+ years), Scaleway (3+ years), SSDNodes (5+ years)

You've had a good experience with AlphaRacks? Mine was nightmarish, barely worked (waiting a solid 10 seconds for SSH password prompt) and unsubscribing from their newsletter never worked, I still get their spam to this day lol.

• @Skander said:
    You've had a good experience with AlphaRacks?

So far, nothing exactly terrible. If I have severe problems with them, I won't mention them next time.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • @Skander said:

@Master_Bo said:
    If only taking into account those with "budget VPS hosting", I have good and long experience with

You've had a good experience with AlphaRacks? Mine was nightmarish, barely worked (waiting a solid 10 seconds for SSH password prompt) and unsubscribing from their newsletter never worked, I still get their spam to this day lol.

I am using them for serveral months now and except for the one time when my VM wasn't able to boot (still not sure why), I didn't have any outages and the VM just worked fine. I should mention that what I'm running in the VM is just a little python script so it should be almost same as idling.

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited March 2019

@sanvit said:

@Skander said:

@Master_Bo said:

I am using them for serveral months now and except for the one time when my VM wasn't able to boot (still not sure why), I didn't have any outages and the VM just worked fine. I should mention that what I'm running in the VM is just a little python script so it should be almost same as idling.

So clearly performance varies wildly from node to node.
    I'll keep that in mind.

• yektayekta Member

I have VPS's (for at least one year) from Virmach, HostUs, and ArubaCloud (yes 1 euro one :)); never experienced any problems in any of them.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM msallak1
  • What about Contabo? Their minimum VPS plan has amazing price for the specs. Any surprises?

• DrCornFlakesDrCornFlakes Member
    edited March 2019

liquidweb.com

You can get a
    2 GB RAM
    2 vCPU
    40 GB SSD Disk Space
    10 TB Bandwidth
    Linux Only
    cPanel or Plesk Onyx

For as little as...
    ... wait for it...
    $59/mo

That's a pretty good deal, hey?

• Crissic was one of the most reliable plans i ever had

Hostus is without a doubt a great service and I never had any issues for my box .No downtimes and support was great.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM msallak1
  • @coolindark said:
    What about Contabo? Their minimum VPS plan has amazing price for the specs. Any surprises?

It depends. Personally, I get no nasty surprises from Contabo.

Thanked by 1coolindark
  • mansoormansoor Member
    edited March 2019

Does any of these Best providers have a good promo going on? Can someone point me to one. Looking for a 2GB RAM VPS, 20GB Disk space and at least one dedicated vCPU. Direct Admin included would be a plus.

Thanks.

• @noaman said:
    Crissic was one of the most reliable plans i ever had

Hostus is without a doubt a great service and I never had any issues for my box .No downtimes and support was great.

Thanks to everyone. I think i will go with Contabo; 8G RAM, 200SSD and 4 cores KVM is less than 60€/year is a real deal.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • buyvm virmach only

• How could those German providers offer high specs servers at such low price. 8gb kvm less than 60 euro/year? How could they not deadpool like those cc scammers?

I wish I were German.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    How could those German providers offer high specs servers at such low price. 8gb kvm less than 60 euro/year? How could they not deadpool like those cc scammers?

I wish I were German.

It's not a german thing. Things like power and similar are very high priced in germany. It's more like people willing to overcommit ressources like crazy.

• Does anyone have links to any VirMach VPS offers/promotions?

• @FR_Michael said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    How could those German providers offer high specs servers at such low price. 8gb kvm less than 60 euro/year? How could they not deadpool like those cc scammers?

I wish I were German.

It's not a german thing. Things like power and similar are very high priced in germany. It's more like people willing to overcommit ressources like crazy.

You have a really well-designed website! Usually I expect to see a website made with cheap templates when I click a provider’s signature link here on LET, but your website is very unique and visually appealing. It made me had an impulse to go directly buy a server from you, despite I barely know anything about your company.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Thanks for your feedback. Although I can't find your order... ;)

• PHP friends seems to be having a crazy offer with 20GB RAM now for 10 euros per month, and yes it's German too.

• @mansoor said:
    Does anyone have links to any VirMach VPS offers/promotions?

https://virmach.com/special-offers/
    First google result for virmach offers

• @FR_Michael said:

They respond to inquiries rather promptly. Perhaps one could start with asking them directly.

• @mansoor said:
    Does any of these Best providers have a good promo going on? Can someone point me to one. Looking for a 2GB RAM VPS, 20GB Disk space and at least one dedicated vCPU. Direct Admin included would be a plus.

Thanks.

@Francisco buyvm offer free directadmin https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156033/buyvm-now-offers-free-directadmin-with-all-vps-products/p1 , just get a slice...

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • LowVMLowVM Member

I am using OVH, Hetzner. They are affordable and 100% uptime.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL