Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance scum is back with... - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance scum is back with...

1234568»

Comments

• @Chuck said:
    Mine always is up in the morning.

How much wood can @Chuck chuck if @Chuck can't get wood?

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

A lot.

• @eol said:
    A lot.

Dearest eol,

Does that come from experience?

Coldest beer,
    d. a. hartigan

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:
    A lot.

Dearest eol,

Does that come from experience?

Coldest beer,
    d. a. hartigan

Thanks.
    Actually not.
    It was just a guess.

EDIT2:
    Yes.

• @dahartigan said:

@eol said:
    It's like Schroedingers VPS.
    You don't know if it's up until you ping it.

Until you ping it, it's both up and down.

Much like your mom.

• @Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Much like your mom.

Leave my mother out of this and I'll leave THIS looks down outta your mother :)

• @dahartigan said:

@Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Much like your mom.

You're welcome to it. Probably been a good decade since either of you have had any action.

• @Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Much like your mom.

You're welcome to it. Probably been a good decade since either of you have had any action.

You're welcome

• @dahartigan said:

@Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:

@eol said:

Much like your mom.

You're welcome

$7

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @uptime said:

How you perceive things does not change their state.

trolling the ghost of Heisenberg ... well played.

EDIT2:

I dunno, this has probably changed a bit since the last time I read it, haha:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/35328/why-does-observation-collapse-the-wave-function

Good read. No idea who Heisenberg is tho.

• @xaoc said:
    No idea who Heisenberg is tho.

The one who knocks.

Thanked by 2uptime bugrakoc
  • @teamacc said:

@xaoc said:
    No idea who Heisenberg is tho.

The one who knocks.

Who's there?(?)

• eoleol Member

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

not to be confused with a Heisenbug ...

In computer programming jargon, a heisenbug is a software bug that seems to disappear or alter its behavior when one attempts to study it.[1] The term is a pun on the name of Werner Heisenberg, the physicist who first asserted the observer effect of quantum mechanics, which states that the act of observing a system inevitably alters its state.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@deank said:
    Damn, must I register lowendtalk.ca ?

@xaoc said:

@solaire said:

@asterisk14 said:
    WE say VERY stable, NOT "super" stable when we talk in English. STOP corrupting our language.

How about YOU stop corrupting any language by MISUSING CAPITALIZATION?

Super stable, though informal, is grammatically correct. I even come across this combination of words in research papers.

If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

I used to think that way about "secure". It either is, or isn't. I've since realized the rest of the world has a range of "secure" with context (e.g. secure to neckbeard guy next to me, not secure against NSA).

But I'd like to hear your rant on "a more perfect... " from, I think, the US Constitution (or Bill of Rights?). I consider perfect to have an upper limit.

But if you're fucking Margot Robbie and you say, "perfect", how do you top that when Gal Gadot gets into bed with you?

Nope, same shiz, won't waste my letter quota. How you perceive things does not change their state.

Of course it does when you're operating with the wrong definition.

• @TimboJones said:

@xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@deank said:
    Damn, must I register lowendtalk.ca ?

@xaoc said:

@solaire said:

@asterisk14 said:
    WE say VERY stable, NOT "super" stable when we talk in English. STOP corrupting our language.

How about YOU stop corrupting any language by MISUSING CAPITALIZATION?

Super stable, though informal, is grammatically correct. I even come across this combination of words in research papers.

If it is stable it can only get unstable, it cannot get "more" stable tho because stable was the upper limit. Think of it as a on/off switch.

I used to think that way about "secure". It either is, or isn't. I've since realized the rest of the world has a range of "secure" with context (e.g. secure to neckbeard guy next to me, not secure against NSA).

But I'd like to hear your rant on "a more perfect... " from, I think, the US Constitution (or Bill of Rights?). I consider perfect to have an upper limit.

But if you're fucking Margot Robbie and you say, "perfect", how do you top that when Gal Gadot gets into bed with you?

Nope, same shiz, won't waste my letter quota. How you perceive things does not change their state.

Of course it does when you're operating with the wrong definition.

Nope.

• ChuckChuck Member

@Kevin_vpsAO said:
    Hello Everyone,

Firstly, I am not certain how we got tied up in this thread. However the reported issue has been fixed, see below:

For full transparency, the issue was that we did not receive the email notifications that our WHMCS bill was due. This was not an error on WHMCS's side, but on our side, as we recently took over the assets of vpsAO and did not update the vendor notification email for WHMCS. We were only a few days past due on the license, so it did not trigger any license suspensions on our side, so was not made aware of the fact the license was suspended till now.

We have sorted this out by updating the main email on file with whmcs.com/members and also set up a payment subscription to avoid this happening again.

I fully agree that if you are using a pirated version of WHMCS you should not be in business in the first place. I would like to state that never have we used a pirated version of WHMCS, and I am happy to send invoices/proof to any moderators, or you can contact WHMCS Support yourself to confirm that we have never ran a pirated install of WHMCS and that vpsao.com has been actively paying for a license even before now.

To address the other concern brought up regarding our company, Alan Gu is no longer with vpsAO since acquiring the company. We have now updated the contact information displayed on invoices, and thank you for bringing that up to our attention.

Lastly, if it was not already clear, then I would like to confirm we have no affiliation with the mentioned host in the topic, HiFormance.

Regards

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

Stop lying.

Your shitty support told the customers
    "****Sorry, we currently don’t have any servers available, you can expect to wait a week****” 😂.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsao-com-768mb-vps-9-year-more-with-double-ram-hdd-and-bw-in-los-angeles-ca/#comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I wish they'd stop saying "we" when it's a one-man operation.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

so say we all.

We don't understand the whole we thing either even though I am technically not just me and actually are we, I call the shots so its not really we but I.

If you followed that.. well done.

• ChuckChuck Member

deadpool less than 3 months. What happened to the prepaid 3 years!?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dispute, chargeback, dance around naked, join Nigh sect, etc

Lots of options.

• @Chuck said:

@Kevin_vpsAO said:
    Hello Everyone,

Firstly, I am not certain how we got tied up in this thread. However the reported issue has been fixed, see below:

For full transparency, the issue was that we did not receive the email notifications that our WHMCS bill was due. This was not an error on WHMCS's side, but on our side, as we recently took over the assets of vpsAO and did not update the vendor notification email for WHMCS. We were only a few days past due on the license, so it did not trigger any license suspensions on our side, so was not made aware of the fact the license was suspended till now.

We have sorted this out by updating the main email on file with whmcs.com/members and also set up a payment subscription to avoid this happening again.

I fully agree that if you are using a pirated version of WHMCS you should not be in business in the first place. I would like to state that never have we used a pirated version of WHMCS, and I am happy to send invoices/proof to any moderators, or you can contact WHMCS Support yourself to confirm that we have never ran a pirated install of WHMCS and that vpsao.com has been actively paying for a license even before now.

To address the other concern brought up regarding our company, Alan Gu is no longer with vpsAO since acquiring the company. We have now updated the contact information displayed on invoices, and thank you for bringing that up to our attention.

Lastly, if it was not already clear, then I would like to confirm we have no affiliation with the mentioned host in the topic, HiFormance.

Regards

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

Stop lying.

Your shitty support told the customers
    "****Sorry, we currently don’t have any servers available, you can expect to wait a week****” 😂.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsao-com-768mb-vps-9-year-more-with-double-ram-hdd-and-bw-in-los-angeles-ca/#comments

You make a post about WHMCS license and then say they're lying about server availability? Wtf? They have nothing to do with each other. Maybe make separate posts so your point is better made.

I've been inquiring about more servers from my favorite DC for months and Francisco regularly has to tell people to wait for more servers all the time. This isn't unexpected in a business like this.