Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrownCloud - 1000 GB HDD - KVM storage at Frankfurt / Los Angeles - $7/month & more!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CrownCloud - 1000 GB HDD - KVM storage at Frankfurt / Los Angeles - $7/month & more!

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Hello,
We've been around for 5+ years and own & colocate our hardware and networking gear and have our own ARIN issued IPs for our US based locations. We've recently added in new storage specific hardware to our Frankfurt, Germany location and would like to share an offer with you.

Our Site: https://crowncloud.net/

Node Spec:
Dual E5-2660v2
128 GB RAM
16 x HDD + HW RAID

Datacenter
Telehouse, Frankfurt, Germany
Test IPv4: 62.113.254.1

Quadranet / Psychz, Los Angeles, USA
Test Quadranet IPv4: 204.152.203.65
Test Psychz IPv4: 104.149.18.203

You can mention the datacenter name in the order notes if you want your VPS setup at a specific datacenter for Los Angeles, USA.

1000G plan
512 MB RAM
1000 GB HDD
2 core fair-share access include
6 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

KVM powered

Price
$7/month or $35/semi-annually

Order Links
* Frankfurt, Germany - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=360
* Los Angeles, USA - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=309

500G plan
512 MB RAM
500 GB HDD
2 core fair-share access include
3 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

KVM powered

Price
$5/month or $25/semi-annually

Order Links
* Frankfurt, Germany - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=359
* Los Angeles, USA - https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=306

Operating systems
1. We've got templates for CentOS 6/7, Debian 8/9, various Ubuntu(s) upto 18.10, Windows 2012/2016.
2. Custom ISOs can be requested to be mounted onto your VPS for free as well via ticket.
3. Also do note, We do not provide licenses for Windows, the customer is responsible for the license on the machine.

Thanked by 1joeri

Comments

• What OS do you allow on your 512MB storage plans?

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@Letzien said:
    What OS do you allow on your 512MB storage plans?

It's 512MB RAM on all plans and 500G or 1000G storage :)

EDIT: Any OS is fine, you can ticket us with the link to the ISO and we'll mount it to your VPS :) Apart from this we have 1-click install templates of CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu which would work on 512MB RAM.

We do have RAM add-ons possible as well with a max limit of 2GB RAM per storage VPS. $1/month per 512MB add-on of RAM.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@SpeedBus said:

@Letzien said:

Not sure that this answers the question asked, :smile: but I take it that the answer is that any free OS is allowed (because you allow custom ISOs).

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

I can definitely recommend them! Great VPS panel

Thanked by 1SpeedBus

@angstrom said:

@SpeedBus said:

@Letzien said:

Not sure that this answers the question asked, :smile: but I take it that the answer is that any free OS is allowed (because you allow custom ISOs).

Ahh sorry, I misread the question earlier on. Yup, any OS is allowed, just ticket us with the ISO link and we'll load it in :)

• @SpeedBus said:

@angstrom said:

@SpeedBus said:

@Letzien said:

Ahh sorry, I misread the question earlier on. Yup, any OS is allowed, just ticket us with the ISO link and we'll load it in :)

Windows 2019 plz

• Hmm, used them a not long time ago.

For me very important was 1TB storage for moving some big data what I have to different other places.

1. Damn good speeds (network ones) to different providers.
    2. 7$ for 1TB? On VPS? This is awesome!
    3. Yes, it's HDD (ZFS) but it's really nice.
    4. No performance degradations or any other issues.
    5. Stable and good network.

I was very pleased with these services, but I don’t need them anymore.
    It is very cheap in my opinion and very good VPS. Recommend.

Also, a few notes for people who moving many data with rsync:
    Check this for faster transfers with rsync: https://gist.github.com/KartikTalwar/4393116

Otherwise, you will be capped to 10-20MB/s, which is not okay.
    But with these changes, I got 100MB/s+ over a network.

Also, personally for me was very important a memory, 512MB for several cases not enough to me, and there is no paid add-on for increasing just memory for example to 1GB (ideally 2GB) with normal price.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with this provider. Did not expect so good service quality from their side.

• @desperand fyi

RAM add-ons possible as well with a max limit of 2GB RAM per storage VPS. $1/month per 512MB add-on of RAM.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited March 2019

uptime said: RAM add-ons possible as well with a max limit of 2GB RAM per storage VPS. $1/month per 512MB add-on of RAM.

This is incorrect info, as you see on my screenshot above, I used them for some time.
    And for me 512MB was not enough, I tried to buy extra memory = but they did not offer any extra memory at all. Looks like in these new products they do it, but earlier they did not.

Thanked by 2uptime SpeedBus

@desperand said:

uptime said: RAM add-ons possible as well with a max limit of 2GB RAM per storage VPS. $1/month per 512MB add-on of RAM.

This is incorrect info, as you see on my screenshot above, I used them for some time.
    And for me 512MB was not enough, I tried to buy extra memory = but they did not offer any extra memory at all. Looks like in these new products they do it, but earlier they did not.

Can you please PM me the ticket# or account email and I will check into this and correct/update the team member, I think there's been a miscommunication/mistake by the team member.

I can 100% confirm we do offer the RAM upgrade for the storage VPSes at both Frankfurt and Los Angeles.

Thanked by 1desperand