Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Websound VPS will be migrated to Hostodo (?) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Websound VPS will be migrated to Hostodo (?)

2»

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSCallum said:

@mikho said:

@WSCallum said:
    I can confirm that this is correct. I have communicated with Hassan over the last few weeks to ensure our clients have an alternative and also have their current due dates honoured

I feel cheated as I just recently got a KVM with you in LA from your last offer thread here at LET. Out of curiosity, were you two in negotiation when you posted that offer thread?

No, we were not negotating this when the latest offer was posted.

Please open a ticket and we’ll issue a refund for this if you don’t want the migration.

Oh, I’ve already sent a message to Hassan about that. No worries about the migration, I’ll take care of that.

What I was upset about was that your offer posted here on LET was on feb 6th, today it’s feb 23.

In those days you made a strategic decision that the VPS market was not for you and began looking for someone to take over the customers. Found one and had a talk ”over the last few weeks” ?

To me it looks like the last offer post was just a stunt to get more cash and if it wasn’t enough, dump it.
    That’s the reason I feel cheated, not that you had to make a decision on how to save your company.

This will be the last I say about this in public (unless someone questions me) and if I need something else, I’ll take it in private.

Thanked by 2eol skorous
  • @Kiwi83 I certainly know that resources are shared, but hostodo is the most serious business I have seen oversold, and the upstream bandwidth of websound has been very large.

• speedtest-cli 
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from anyNode (216.126.231.10)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Hotwire Fision (Miami, FL) [4.24 km]: 5.921 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 904.95 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 438.09 Mbit/s

What's the problem?

Thanked by 1eol
  • The problem is there is no problem.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I honestly believe that people just shit over them for no good reason. Fair enough, there are reports of tickets taking "too long" to get a reply, but like I've said before, there's always 2 sides to every story. As far as my experience goes, it's been great. Been a customer for over a year and I can't find anything to complain about.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I migrated to Hostodo yesterday night. Right after I logged in their control panel, I saw Windows XP in their CD-ROM list.

:smiley:

However, their billing system terminated my server after I went to sleep. The reason was "overdue on payment", and they even want to charge me "late fee" for it.

Too bad I have to wait until Monday to play minesweeper on it.

• pic1: websound

pic2:hostodo

The network is really too bad.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    I migrated to Hostodo yesterday night. Right after I logged in their control panel, I saw Windows XP in their CD-ROM list.

However, their billing system terminated my server after I went to sleep. The reason was "overdue on payment", and they even want to charge me "late fee" for it.

Probably because they forgot to mark you invoice as paid when they created the vps for you.
    Thats automated WHMCS for you ;)

• Take your refund rather than the migration guys....

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@mikho said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    I migrated to Hostodo yesterday night. Right after I logged in their control panel, I saw Windows XP in their CD-ROM list.

Probably because they forgot to mark you invoice as paid when they created the vps for you.
    Thats automated WHMCS for you ;)

There shouldn't have been an invoice generated but that may have been done on accident. @Kiwi83 please open a ticket and we'll get it sorted

Picking some speedtest locations:

Hosted by fdcservers.net (Los Angeles, CA) [16.51 km]: 210.761 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 298.88 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 199.90 Mbit/s

Hosted by Cox - Atlanta (Alpharetta, GA) [3127.60 km]: 102.783 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 72.40 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 69.31 Mbit/s

Hosted by StratusIQ (Colorado Springs, CO) [1328.23 km]: 80.204 ms
    Download: 58.92 Mbit/s
    Upload: 69.87 Mbit/s

Hosted by Spectrum (New York, NY) [3952.33 km]: 128.561 ms
    Download: 64.60 Mbit/s
    Upload: 225.01 Mbit/s

If you are trying to get on our Asia Optimized network it will be an additional cost.

If anybody is having speed issues please open a ticket and we'll take a look

Thanked by 2WSCallum WSRyan
  • @dahartigan said:

@JoeMerit said:
    Refunds should be provided to all. People didn't pay their money to be hosted by Hassan.

To be fair, Hassan has improved things a hell of a lot since the last time you've tried it.

i won't deny it. anyway, @Hassan fixed your rdns for ipv6, and we can agree with the improved thingy :smile:

• @Hassan said:
    If anybody is having speed issues please open a ticket and we'll take a look

I have an open ticket with you regarding to some disk issue and migrating from Websound.co.uk.

The image they took, you cannot restore them.