Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member

i suggest we use a tool for top provider poll so that we get election results faster. the suspense is killing me

• @jcaleb said:
    i suggest we use a tool for top provider poll so that we get election results faster. the suspense is killing me

hehe ;-) It would be easier but it would be harder to find fake voters/SPAM accounts.

• @jcaleb said:

Election? Who's the new president?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@concerto49 said:
    Election? Who's the new president?

Could be the same top 3 in Q1, just my bet

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Off topic I know, but @gsrdgrdghd I like your signature. +1

Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd Nick
  • cookie breaks when you are switching from www to non www :(

• That's probably a vanilla bug.

We'll look into that @seriesn

Let us know any and all bugs you find we want to fix them all.

• Suggestion: Allow for skype: URL's.

Thoughts on creating a rule limiting signatures to 2 lines?

• @jbiloh said:

Personally wouldn't mind, 3 would be fine as well. 4 or more is a bit too much for Vanilla's appearance, if you ask me.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

@jbiloh said:

Yes. I saw some terrible 6 - 7 lines long signatures recently.
    Even easier would be to simply enforce them (i.e http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20970/is-there-is-any-way-to-limit-signature-length) instead reminding people all the time about rules.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

put tutorial posts in linky

@Spirit said:

Yep.

How many lines do you think is best?

• SpiritSpirit Member

One or two.

(few words about company + url can easily fit into one line)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@Rallias http://s.lowendshare.com/6/1374556058.838.2013-07-23T050648Z-sigs.png
    how does it feel to be the upstanding gentleman and scholar because of whom rules of the whole forum need to get amended?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

@rm_ it's not just one guy, to be honest. Recently I asked someone (I won't name him here) if he can reduce signature from (I think) 7 long lines of text to something shorter but the most I saw today was 9 lines. Some people have more text in signature than in their posts.
    If we check few posts above non intrusive signaure from @mpkossen (considering he use only half line) we can get very good idea how much text we can put into one line.

• @rm_ said:
    Rallias http://s.lowendshare.com/6/1374556058.838.2013-07-23T050648Z-sigs.png
    how does it feel to be the asshole because of whom rules of the whole forum need to get amended?

No need to be swearing, I guess? Out of all the words out there, you have happened to pick this one?

• @rm_ said:
    Rallias http://s.lowendshare.com/6/1374556058.838.2013-07-23T050648Z-sigs.png
    how does it feel to be the upstanding gentleman and scholar because of whom rules of the whole forum need to get amended?

Sometimes you have to push the rules too far to get them changed in the way that you wish.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited July 2013

Fix the new line on threads why do we need br tags i feel like coding html when posting threads here...

• @FrapHost said:
    Fix the new line on threads why do we need br tags i feel like coding html when posting threads here...

cough Press enter twice cough

Thanked by 2vpscs TheKiller
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

Hitting SPACE (not enter :-) key twice and then enter is the fastest way but still a bit incovenient with a lot of lines of text, URLs or something.

• @Spirit said:
    still a bit incovenient with a lot of lines of text, URLs or something.

Your copy-pasta is waiting on the stove. I'd rather have spaghetti though.

• MagiobiwanMagiobiwan Member
    edited July 2013

The new line issue is apparently something to do with Markdown. A quote from Wikipedia:

Line breaks

To insert a linebreak, end a line with two or more spaces followed by a return. For example (using visible space notation):
    def␣show_results␣␣
    end

So Blame Markdown.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

The new line thingie is annoying to be as well. I am posting with br tags and it's just a waste of time.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • AdducAdduc Member
    edited July 2013

Can it be clarified as to whether background colors and other styles are to be allowed within the signature?

• But all the time we have this markdown and it was working fine before, i just find it hard this time i do not know what happened why enter isnt recognized as a new line entry anymore.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • @Adduc said:
    Can it be clarified as to whether background colors and other styles are to be allowed within the signature?

I personally think people shouldn't be shoving CSS into their signatures, and am really quite surprised that Vanilla doesn't have an option to strip user stylings from signatures.

I'm fine with alignment, like how you have a float:right on yours, but adding colors and such just becomes a problem because it then becomes "who can make the most colorful, eye-drawing signature"

• can we have a category for dedicated server in let?

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013
    • Would it be possible to sort the threads on top that have new entries that i've looked at. Currently they're only marked with a yellow background and the number of new entries. Could they be sorted on top of all new ones?
    • Would it be possible to enforce an "english-only" policy in the public threads?
This discussion has been closed.