Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kay hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kay hosting

2»

Comments

• The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

• @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2019

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

• @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

I suppose everything is relative, but in the case of LET and scammers, they're the equivalent of the lincoln park rapist, climbin' in windows and snatchin' yo people up. So run and tell THAT, home boy..

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

I suppose everything is relative, but in the case of LET and scammers, they're the equivalent of the lincoln park rapist, climbin' in windows and snatchin' yo people up. So run and tell THAT, home boy..

I don't quite agree with the relative part. At least the worst these CC assholes do to you is to make you lose money. Fake vaccines is just.. Don't get me started.

But yes, in the case of LET, this is about the lowest they can get other than screwing with your peronsal information.

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

I don't quite agree with the relative part. At least the worst these CC assholes do to you is to make you lose money. Fake vaccines is just.. Don't get me started.

But yes, in the case of LET, this is about the lowest they can get other than screwing with your peronsal information.

And for all we know they are, I mean, they are sending copious amounts of spam and people have reported being on all sorts of mailing lists, so maybe they're not treating personal information properly. Who knows, they could be stealing data from VZ containers? shrug

• Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@banxix said:
    Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

Because both websites are funded by the same company

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

For OP, that is.

• @FAT32 said:

@banxix said:
    Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

Because both websites are funded by the same company

Right, we can explicitly see that in "lowend" prefix. But why do they have different directions?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

Hosts on LEB are operated by a small group of scammers. Basically, it's all owned by the same group, rotating hosts as they make them go under once enough idiots sign up.

Their tactics work due to few factors.

1. New idiots are born everyday.
    2. Blinded by cheapness that due diligence means nothing.
    3. Or just don't do any due diligence.
    4. Lazy enough to ask for reviews on a forum when google search takes roughly 10 seconds.
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

jason123santa said: What are LEB employees?

My opinion? Scumbags. They help others cheat people and get money for it. Never go with a recommendation coming from lowendbox.com. If they are the Ying, then we here on LET are the YANG. And even that is not true since quite some time. It's all very muddy and fishy. Don't trust me. I am part of the system.

• If kayhosting is not good then should I use buyshared?

• Kay - sounds like Gay!

• @niceboy said:
    Kay - sounds like Gay!

Yes

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

dahartigan said: The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

They would alienate what is, essentially, their whole customer base, as they use these sites to advertise and gain ranking in search engines based on the topics which are discussed. While this place doesn't have the participation it used to, most of the large topics seem to trickle down at some point, especially related to this niche and end up getting discussed in some way.

Also, they use it as a secondary help desk to prevent further publicity elsewhere, they know most people who use one of their 'brands' will end up here, post and then be able to step in and massage things, or hide it.

Same reason Deluxe.com hasn't done anything to really hamper things since their acquisition, doing so would only devalue their 'asset'.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime
  • ChuckChuck Member

lowendbox can cover their ass easily unless people start to make a backup of their posting offer. They deleted all their HiFormance posts after HiFormance got killed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Chuck said:
    lowendbox can cover their ass easily unless people start to make a backup of their posting offer. They deleted all their HiFormance posts after HiFormance got killed.

I found now that I should not use lowendbox and just go to lowendtalk for low offers.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited March 2019

I agree! I bought 5 VPSs on LEB in the past 30 days because I didn't know better and the prices seemed so good. I've since cut it down to 2 that actually remained usable. One dropped I/O from 1.3GB/sec to about 130MB/sec and the host said it was working as it should. I can also attest to the fact that older offers disappear...the ones that I signed up for are gone and replaced with others.

I came to LET and posted a thread and was welcomed in with tons of suggestions. Ended up with a plan from both @HostDoc and @Francisco. I spent over my budget but got quality and value at a good price...which is WAAAAY better than just cheap.

I'll hold on to the other VPSs for now since they are paid, likely drop them when the year is up if when the quality goes downhill. Until then, they are my learning playgrounds. I've acquired mad skills reloading CentOS7.

There's a offers and a shared hosting offers category to browse through, and if you can't quite find what you want, post what you want in the requests category.

• @jason123santa said:
    I found now that I should not use lowendbox and just go to lowendtalk for low offers.

Protip: if you are not in a rush, just wait for offers. The good providers here put up really tempting offers from time to time, but you need to be able to hold it in until that really sweet offer that meets your needs come along. I always wanted a Kimsufi Atom and I was glad that I resisted for months until their last offer came around.

• Maybe not O-Kay.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @poisson said:

@jason123santa said:

Protip: if you are not in a rush, just wait for offers. The good providers here put up really tempting offers from time to time, but you need to be able to hold it in until that really sweet offer that meets your needs come along. I always wanted a Kimsufi Atom and I was glad that I resisted for months until their last offer came around.

I can wait 2 weeks to get a hosting service. I would switch if I had to because I am not wanting to pay much right now anyway.

• @FootKaput said:
    I agree! I bought 5 VPSs on LEB in the past 30 days because I didn't know better and the prices seemed so good. I've since cut it down to 2 that actually remained usable. One dropped I/O from 1.3GB/sec to about 130MB/sec and the host said it was working as it should. I can also attest to the fact that older offers disappear...the ones that I signed up for are gone and replaced with others.

I came to LET and posted a thread and was welcomed in with tons of suggestions. Ended up with a plan from both @HostDoc and @Francisco. I spent over my budget but got quality and value at a good price...which is WAAAAY better than just cheap.

I'll hold on to the other VPSs for now since they are paid, likely drop them when the year is up if when the quality goes downhill. Until then, they are my learning playgrounds. I've acquired mad skills reloading CentOS7.

There's a offers and a shared hosting offers category to browse through, and if you can't quite find what you want, post what you want in the requests category.

What vps was bad?

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited March 2019

@jason123santa said:
    What vps was bad?

I don't want to give them any advertising. I had cancelled with them because of poor I/O and taking 20 hours to respond to a ticket. They offered refund without asking (two days later), and explained that my node was rebuilding a RAID dive. I asked them about trying again in a new datacenter and to go with only SSD; they created a the same type that wasn't only SSD. Performance was worse. They did not charge me for that VPS. I signed up again to get the plan I wanted. It was ok, initially. They even let me have the old plan free, but I/Os were <100MB/sec in bench.sh results. There were times I could literally type a letter and see it appear 4 seconds later in the xterm. The SSD plan started with 1.5GB/s on bench.sh, and dwindled down to 200-300MB/sec. After a couple of tickets, I just cancelled both plans, even the free one. Cost me a few bucks but not enough to even give it a second thought. Paid for a learning experience. I now know that I want KVM for (somewhat) less overcrowding and only SSD for drives.

I'm not a young pup anymore and have enough $$$ to get what I want. While these LEB deals are cheap, and I love a good deal...they are not worth the aggravation and stress they cause. I want it to work well, work fast, and work always (or close to it). That's exactly what I got with BuyVM and Hostdoc.

I have no idea what kind of voodoo magic they do at BuyVM, but the drive(s) on my VPS are incredibly fast:

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    1.403 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    4.747 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    1.185 seconds ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 18.5 us / 52.0 us / 15.4 ms / 123.0 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 35.6 k requests in 5.00 s, 8.68 GiB, 7.11 k iops, 1.74 GiB/s

HostDoc has impressive numbers as well--Ive hit 250MB/sec network before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 966 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 1072.9 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         187MB/s

Thanked by 2Francisco dahartigan
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• ChuckChuck Member

Stargate Atlantis