Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@Malin said:
    I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

Well it's not that I need it right away. Was just curious :)

I do. I have 7tb to store somewhere cheap since my dedi is full

Soon as you find out how much it is, let us know!

Out of curiosity, if you can't download via FTP - can you only download via their site or do they have HTTP links you can wget for example?

• @tester4 said:

Out of curiosity, if you can't download via FTP - can you only download via their site or do they have HTTP links you can wget for example?

The only way to download files through 1fichier is by using the download page of the file, filled with ads and popups if you're not premium. If you want to download files through your server, however, you can use the small script that uses the API that I posted in this thread.

• Come to the dark side. 1Fichier now has a "dark mode".

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited February 2019

jsg said: 1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations.

This is my biggest confusion when I started to use them too. I expected that on premium plan I will get something usable, something that I can use for file storage and access to files, like for backups, etc (because mostly of pricing and good network).

But they are like Rapidshare or megaupload.com, or any other warez-like website which usually used by bad guys who share illegal/cracked software (to be clear I never saw any link to warez / hacked software with cracks, etc on their services), but at least they like that. Absolutely like that. You can't share a folder, you can't even make a folder normally, you can't organize anything on your storage space, you just forced to upload/get link/share, nothing more. (per file)

They offer really good upload/download speed for premiums only, and big storage.
    But to this big storage, you have super restricted access only through the web interface, which is not okay. You can't even make folders.

Even shitty fex.net (which offer 1TB for 2$ / mo) you can upload folders, files on very high speeds and easily manage files from the web interface.

Anyway, nothing bad against this service at all after realizing what is it.
    But it's not cloud storage, and never was, it's file-sharing services which have a business model around advertising displayed to users when someone downloads something.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2019

@desperand said:

jsg said: 1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations.

This is my biggest confusion when I started to use them too. I expected that on premium plan I will get something usable, something that I can use for file storage and access to files, like for backups, etc (because mostly of pricing and good network).

But they are like Rapidshare or megaupload.com, or any other warez-like website which usually used by bad guys who share illegal/cracked software (to be clear I never saw any link to warez / hacked software with cracks, etc on their services), but at least they like that. Absolutely like that. You can't share a folder, you can't even make a folder normally, you can't organize anything on your storage space, you just forced to upload/get link/share, nothing more. (per file)

They offer really good upload/download speed for premiums only, and big storage.
    But to this big storage, you have super restricted access only through the web interface, which is not okay. You can't even make folders.

Even shitty fex.net (which offer 1TB for 2$ / mo) you can upload folders, files on very high speeds and easily manage files from the web interface.

But it's not cloud storage, and never was, it's file-sharing services which have a business model around advertising displayed to users when someone downloads something.

Have a look at their API + their FTP system + their IP Authentication. Then you will realize that the only disadvantage are only those 2 tb in cold storage on 60 days.

You are in LET. Program it, script it, think it. Do something like a professional and get the cheapest price. If you want something great and without any effort, pay for it on some other storage, but stop complaining like a baby.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @desperand said:

I think what you said is very important which is why I have pointed out in a previous post that one doesn't forget 1Fichiers origin is a file host like megaupload/rapidshare and not originally meant as storage/backup service. Then again as I've described in that very post there are still legitimate use cases for it and one can't complain at this price point, really.

• NihimNihim Member

so just checked it today and I saw there is a hot / cold service (might not be new, but I just saw it).
    So "unlimited" for hot storage and 2T for any files that are un-accessed for more than 60 days. Add on that the syncing difficulties and it's pretty meh. For my usage at least.

• edfoxedfox Member

I just went over quota!
    This is what the control panel shows now:

I also got this mail:

Hello,

A Premium account is by default limited to 2TB of cold storage.
    Without action from you, some of your files will be automatically removed within 14 > days to respect your storage quotas
    We recommand you to add cold storage capacities on your account or to remove yourself files you do not need
    The Staff

So this is what happens

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2019

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!
    This is what the control panel shows now:

I also got this mail:

Hello,

A Premium account is by default limited to 2TB of cold storage.
    Without action from you, some of your files will be automatically removed within 14 > days to respect your storage quotas
    We recommand you to add cold storage capacities on your account or to remove yourself files you do not need
    The Staff

So this is what happens

What would you expect? They are not nsa, google, amazon. How could they provide unlimited storage?

Thanked by 1eol
  • edfoxedfox Member

@Chuck said:

What would you expect?

Nobody was really sure of what would've happened

• Fair enough. 2TB at 10€. Won't complain.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • NihimNihim Member
    edited March 2019

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!

So this is what happens

Ye, I wrote about that one post above yours :p
    You can still use unlimited space if the files are being actively accessed, however they define hot storage.

@Ympker said:
    Fair enough. 2TB at 10€. Won't complain.

This is LET so clearly the 1TB with webdav free from transip is better!

• @Nihim said:

@edfox said:
    I just went over quota!

So this is what happens

Ye, I wrote about that one post above yours :p
    You can still use unlimited space if the files are being actively accessed, however they define hot storage.

@Ympker said:
    Fair enough. 2TB at 10€. Won't complain.

This is LET so clearly the 1TB with webdav free from transip is better!

Then go for it :)

• Is there a way to upload by web browser?

• eoleol Member

@Chuck said:
    They are not nsa, google, amazon.

Where's the difference?

• ChuckChuck Member

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

Whoever has bigger dick would win!

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

• ChuckChuck Member

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

Jeff bezos is ahead this game.

• eoleol Member

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

@eol said:

@Chuck said:

Where's the difference?

I'm in.

Jeff bezos is ahead this game.

I doubt this.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @cybertech said:
    Is there a way to upload by web browser?

Yes. Once logged in you can upload via Web Browser.

• @Ympker said:

@cybertech said:
    Is there a way to upload by web browser?

Yes. Once logged in you can upload via Web Browser.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like I need to look in detail how it works.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

@dongne said:
    Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

I'll say it once more. It is a non-convenient, cheap-budget file host. If you don't want to meddle with some things pay for one of the many dropbox/gdrive etc clones. You'll be happier.

• @Ympker said:

@dongne said:
    Aside from ftp limitation, another thing I hate 1fichier is if you upload multiple folders, all the files in the folders are populated in the same remote folder and your uploaded folders are gone.

I'll say it once more. It is a non-convenient, cheap-budget file host. If you don't want to meddle with some things pay for one of the many dropbox/gdrive etc clones. You'll be happier.

I know that well. I will be super happy if they implement one more thing only, folder creation, so that I can upload folders and they stay the same at the remote location.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • You can always ask them via support mail :)

• @dongne said:

@Ympker said:

@dongne said:

I know that well. I will be super happy if they implement one more thing only, folder creation, so that I can upload folders and they stay the same at the remote location.

You already have that. 1Fichier has an API, feel free to use it with some scripts designed by yourself.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edfoxedfox Member

Scripts posted here before became useless, because now you can just append "&inline" and login with HTTP basic Auth and it will download directly without any additional requests.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • williewillie Member

It says on their pricing page now, if I understand it right, cold storage above 2tb is €1 per TB per month. Still seems way low.

How do people here pay them, especially from the US? They don't take credit cards, I don't use bitcoin, they suggest some types of bank transfers that sound very expensive. Resellers? Does anyone here have vouchers for sale? I'm still thinking about this so don't want to buy one just yet, but am trying to figure out possibilities.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@willie said:
    It says on their pricing page now, if I understand it right, cold storage above 2tb is €1 per TB per month. Still seems way low.

How do people here pay them, especially from the US? They don't take credit cards, I don't use bitcoin, they suggest some types of bank transfers that sound very expensive. Resellers? Does anyone here have vouchers for sale? I'm still thinking about this so don't want to buy one just yet, but am trying to figure out possibilities.

For me they also show Credit Cards as an option but that apparently varies. @Cam asked me recently about this, too and he wasn't able to pay with Credit Card (option didn't show). Maybe because I'm a long time customer?

Anyway, they have a list of official resellers who often sell about the same pricing.
    I recommended https://keyoneclick.com/1fichier-premium.html to @Cam as they are officially listed as one of their resellers and pricing doesn't seem far off considering 1Fichier adds transaction fees anyways. Reseller supports PayPal/Bank Transfer/CC.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit also has vouers for sale, I believe @willie

Thanked by 1sanvit