Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ SolvedByData - worst experience ever
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolvedByData - worst experience ever

I've received a letter from LEB claiming this:

We recently received an offer from the guys over at SolvedByData They are a regular contributor to our community with overall very positive feedback from other members regarding their services. Because we were told that there were limited quantities per package, we felt it looked pretty attractive to feature as a flash offer.

I've got some shared hosting from them during cyber monday LEB offer. It's been so awful so I've decided to write this after receiving that letter claiming they got "overral very positive feedback". They had a lot a negative comments due to overselling or having problems on LEB. And what service I've got is out of bounds.

Worst experience in webhosting ever. I've got shared hosting from them for a simple forum. First problem I've encountered that their mail server IPs were blocked on GMail. And I wasn't been able to use 3rd party SMTP, because they've blocked outgoing connection on SMTP ports. I've wrote them about that. And it took 8 (!!!) days of inconsistent & incompetent answers to get port opened. I've felt like I was talking to a wall during that time. Their staff was asking irrelevant things over and over again.

After their servers started to get a lot of outages & overloading issues. My forum was getting a lot of 5xx errors and users were complying about that a lot. From time to time their CPanel & even main WHMCS billing sites were unreachable.

I've moved from them and after noted that my account next due to date moved to 12 March 2019. While I've registered and paid for a yearly on last December. I've raised a ticked about that just too to see how they will react, was going to cancel that awful service anyways. And first thing they've replied was asking me to send them a proofs on the date! Seriously?! You can't even check your logs or PayPal transaction?! I've told them that and they've claimed that the "Date has been adjusted for you."... only one month in advance. I've told them that and they've again did something and now next due to date are back to 13 March. No, even the double facepalm are not enough here. They can't fix even for 3 days already.

Would not ever deal with them in future.

Thanked by 1Chuck
ยซ1

Comments

• TheRealDealTheRealDeal Member
    edited March 2019

Well I can guarantee you were not "Solved By Data" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• At least looks like they've fixed date now. Cancelled anyways.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Buy from Lowendbox, get scammed, simple.

• Wrong forum mate

• So, you were waiting to get a shared hosting account for 3-5$ per year, with smtp port open for production purposes and being stable and viable? It is not their fault, it is your fault you bought them and expected to work... If someone offers you a car for $48, don't expect this car to be able to move...

• So this case is SolvedByExperience now?

• PrecipitatedByExperience

• Leb Leb bel bel....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Deepak_leb said:

With a username like that. Are you sure your not a LEB rep ๐Ÿ˜‚

• eoleol Member

Double agent.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • SolvedByData can be renamed to SaveYourData lol

• I can honestly say I've never had a 'shared hosting' experience where the server was balanced and not plagued with abuse. But in this instance, you get what you pay for.

• @jvnadr said:
    So, you were waiting to get a shared hosting account for 3-5$ per year, with smtp port open for production purposes and being stable and viable? It is not their fault, it is your fault you bought them and expected to work... If someone offers you a car for $48, don't expect this car to be able to move...

Well, my VPShared $3/y is going solid ;)

• @iHavenoName said:
    I can honestly say I've never had a 'shared hosting' experience where the server was balanced and not plagued with abuse. But in this instance, you get what you pay for.

Turnkey Internet is good for cheap but stable shared hosting. $3/mo.

• True. It served its purpose 15 years ago, when it was pricey to get shared hosting and VPS was way out of the price range of the average business owner. But there are so many better options available today.

• They didn't even bother to come up with a good name, that should have told you everything you needed to know before buying.

• @t0ny0 said:
    SolvedByData can be renamed to SaveYourData lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• @LeonDynamic said:

@Deepak_leb said:

Yes I was from L> @LeonDynamic said:

@Deepak_leb said:

Yes I was from LeB.. my origin is Leb and my destination is LeT

• You got solved by data.
    I don't see what the problem is.

Thanked by 1eol
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2019

New offer:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/solvedbydata-flash-sale-3gb-ssd-vps-for-19-50-year-more-in-los-angeles-ny/#respond

@nstorm , it looks like Nick disagreed with you. He said "solvedbydata previous offers have always been highly welcomed by the community with plenty of positive feedback/reviews"

Should we believe lowendbox employees or some random user on the Internet?

• jiijii Member

@Chuck said:
    New offer:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/solvedbydata-flash-sale-3gb-ssd-vps-for-19-50-year-more-in-los-angeles-ny/#respond

@nstorm , it looks like Nick disagreed with you. He said "solvedbydata previous offers have always been highly welcomed by the community with plenty of positive feedback/reviews"

Should we believe lowendbox employees or some random user on the Internet?

very cheaper

• Think I'll go complete directly.

TouchedByBellEnds.xyz - let's start hosting!

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • jeffsheadjeffshead Member
    edited May 2019

I can verify that SolvedByData SUCKS.

My VPS kept going offline and their support personnel is either extremely stupid or they are playing dumb. I have very clearly reported issues and they respond with questions that are easily answered if they bothered to read my reports. They even wiped my server instance without telling me. I lost everything and of course the issues still existed even after I was moved to different nodes and after rebuilding everything from scratch, multiple times. I even tried different Linux OS's

Stay away!!!!

• @AnthonySmith said:

I though LowEndBox ad LowEndTalk = the same shit? I mean same owners, same design.
    Are LET and LEB different in terms of owners?

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@desperand said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I though LowEndBox ad LowEndTalk = the same shit? I mean same owners, same design.

LEB and LET are different in terms of attitude. And "attitude is everything".

Thanked by 1desperand
  • mansoormansoor Member

Solved by Data, NFP, WootHosting, HostBRZ and AlphaRacks are all run by the same owner.

• @mansoor said:
    Solved by Data, NFP, WootHosting, HostBRZ and AlphaRacks are all run by the same owner.

(โ˜ž๏พŸใƒฎ๏พŸ)โ˜ž

• donlidonli Member

@mansoor said:

A-racks actually "acquired" Woot and NFP. What evidence is there that Solved by Data and HostBRZ are also a-racks?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

@desperand said:

@AnthonySmith said:

LEB = CC staff only post offers, no community filtering at all.

LET = Community lead team manage the day to day posting and can filter/ manage the providers to a larger extent.

Thanked by 1desperand