Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: UMaxHosting's Doesn't Honor Their Refund Policy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: UMaxHosting's Doesn't Honor Their Refund Policy

I recently bought the 8GB VPS deal from this page (https://lowendbox.com/blog/new-years-umaxhosting-8gb-vps-with-250gb-storage-for-59-yr-more-in-los-angeles-and-new-york-free-month/#comment-1144774)

Their services are god awfully slow if you do anything on them to the point where you get locked out of them. I requested a refund WELL within their "24 hour, no questions asked money back guarantee." It has been 3 months and I have not received any actual response to my refund request.

If you would like to take a look at their terms of service for yourself, here you go. They make their refund policy very obvious. (https://www.umaxhosting.com/terms-of-service/)

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

How would you expect scammers to honor their words?
    Your only solution is to sue them.

Thanked by 2imok eol
  • CHARGEBACK

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @sanvit said:
    CHARGEBACK

^ The one time I actually agree with a chargeback.

@Craz3dBull Your best bet is if you paid with a credit/debit card as the bank will (almost always) side with you within a few days. PayPal usually aides with the buyer but takes a while — just make sure to submit your request before the 180 day period ends (you’re like 90 days in).

Hope that helps!

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

What do you expect us to do?

If you are recommending us not to use them, we are not that stupid to pay for them in the first place.

Thanked by 2doghouch sanvit
  • I have two really cheap boxes with them that I got for like 10 bucks each for a year and yes, the performance is crap because they clearly oversell that one node to the hilt. I just plan not to renew since I got them cheap and am just using them for non critical spare backups.

You won't have much luck getting them to refund you if you search this forum's history. You need to chargeback as others have suggested.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Just to tell you how great the server is: 5 download threads via SFTP is enough to KO the server in 5 minutes.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You buy from lowendbox in 2018/2019... you get stung, simple.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    You buy from lowendbox in 2018/2019... you get stung, simple.

Should just name change to nighendbox.com

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • eoleol Member

LOL.
    Good one.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I'd sue for nighright infringement.

Thanked by 2eol poisson