Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited $24/y (or $2.25/m) cPanel Hosting, NVMe, LSWS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited $24/y (or $2.25/m) cPanel Hosting, NVMe, LSWS

MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ExtraVM has a limited 20 order promotion for cPanel web hosting. Pay $24/year or $2.25/month to take advantage. If you have a question post or open a support ticket.

General features:

• LiteSpeed Web Server
  • Pure NVMe SSD Storage
  • Standard cPanel Comodo SSL
  • MultiPHP and CloudLinux
  • Installatron Software Installer
  • DDoS Protected

Promotion 2019 Plan:

• 5GB NVMe SSD Storage
  • 1TB Bandwidth
  • 2 Hosted Domains
    $24/year or $2.25/month
    ORDER

CL LVE Limits:
CPU 100%, PMEM 2GB, IO 80MB/s, IOPS 15000, EP/NPROC 200, INODES No Limit

New accounts may not be setup instantly as they go through checks, but are usually checked fast.

Comments

• AluminatAluminat Member
    edited March 2019

Damn.. that IO, IOPS really interested in. But does LSWS support ECC cert?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Aluminat I don't think so, cPanel doesn't anyways.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • Not much you can do with 5gb SSD

edited March 2019

@iHavenoName said:
    Not much you can do with 5gb SSD

Wish I could give a ton going from HDD to NVMe, but can't, and don't oversell it.

Though, I think around 80% of accounts (server is nearly full) use under 5GB, and and nobody uses over 10GB. There's people who run forums with thousands of threads and tends of thousands of posts and uses only a couple of gigs. It can go far.

• iHavenoNameiHavenoName Member
    edited March 2019

Very true. Guess I should have said 'not much I can do with 5gb'. All my WordPress sites need 5gb each, because they're hosting audio files.

But that aside, it looks like a good offer!

@iHavenoName said:
    Very true. Guess I should have said 'not much I can do with 5gb'. All my WordPress sites need 5gb each, because they're hosting audio files.

Might look into one of the plugins to store WP media on a cloud storage provider. Would probably save you a lot of space if you run backups.

• Location?

@Limpan said:
    Location?

Dallas, TX, USA.

Thanked by 1Limpan
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@iHavenoName said:
    Not much you can do with 5gb SSD

Wish I could give a ton going from HDD to NVMe, but can't, and don't oversell it.

Though, I think around 80% of accounts (server is nearly full) use under 5GB, and and nobody uses over 10GB. There's people who run forums with thousands of threads and tends of thousands of posts and uses only a couple of gigs. It can go far.

People shopping nowadays not for quality but for quantity and they don’t care about limitations of hard drives as some companies do sell unlimited and customers do believe in fairy tale BS stories.

edited March 2019

@WebProject said:
    People shopping nowadays not for quality but for quantity and they don’t care about limitations of hard drives as some companies do sell unlimited and customers do believe in fairy tale BS stories.

I haven't seen anyone try to sell unlimited NVMe yet :open_mouth:

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • That no limit inodes thing sounds like a huge feature. I worked for a company years ago and kept running into inode limits on their cpanel account and couldn't do backups they paid a premium for.

Won't the host run into inode limits sharing tons of accounts and files? Or is that a filesystem limitation and not an issue with newer filesystems? I remember I couldn't backup an Ubuntu 8.04 server due to inode bugs. Ran into both inode limitations and bugs that were later fixed in newer kernels, but wasn't an option for me at the time.

Technical question, not questioning the offer. I'm not a Linux admin and don't have any super high file count servers to know myself. Thanks

@TimboJones There's just no hard cap, obviously if one account is causing problems it'd be handled, but there quite a few hosts out there that don't have an set inode limit. RamNode and HostWinds are two that I know don't, and there's some that just don't mention it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited March 2019

@MikeA said:

@WebProject said:

I haven't seen anyone try to sell unlimited NVMe yet :open_mouth:

still plenty os SSD shared hosts with unlimited storage, I personally want one of them hard drive with unlimited storage in my personal PC!

Example: https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/the-truth-about-unlimited-hosting/

Unlimited - Super fast SSD hosting, great uptime record.

Thanked by 1eol

@WebProject Yeah with SATA SSDs. I don't think anyone in their right mind is going to try to sell 'unlimited nvme' for a while... if so we should all applaud them.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • eoleol Member

@WebProject said:
    I personally want one of them hard drive with unlimited storage in my personal PC!

It will be HUGE.

Thanked by 1WebProject

@eol said:

@WebProject said:
    I personally want one of them hard drive with unlimited storage in my personal PC!

It will be HUGE.

haha, I want the same size as current SSD size :smile: :smiley:

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@WebProject said:

@eol said:

@WebProject said:

It will be HUGE.

haha, I want the same size as current SSD size :smile: :smiley:

LOL.
    Good luck with your unlimited SSD.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @MikeA said:
    Might look into one of the plugins to store WP media on a cloud storage provider. >Would probably save you a lot of space if you run backups.

That's what I was doing, when I used a shared host. Google Cloud and AWS Storage both jive well with Wordpress.

• how many visitors per day can it handle / wp site with jetpack and minimal theme with a lot of 1000x1000 images

@uxtvdl said:
    how many visitors per day can it handle / wp site with jetpack and minimal theme with a lot of 1000x1000 images

Really couldn't answer that, it depends more on your specific WP setup. You can try it out though, if you're not happy with performance I'll refund you within a month.

• @MikeA said:

@uxtvdl said:
    how many visitors per day can it handle / wp site with jetpack and minimal theme with a lot of 1000x1000 images

Really couldn't answer that, it depends more on your specific WP setup. You can try it out though, if you're not happy with performance I'll refund you within a month.

Then I got to try it