Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR)

Comments

• I for one would never give up a 3.99€ KS-3 (but even at 5.99€, it's still good value) and I think that is one princely idler!

• @CConner said: Maybe selling as many as possible of them, disregarding profit, is not the objective.

I wonder if they're actually powered off until sold? Considering how many of them are routinely available and if you factor in the nominal loss of revenue when they're sitting idle (including the sunk cost of infrastructure, IPs and what not), I think it's prudent to mark them down and sell them vs having them as unsold inventory (at least judging by how much stock there's seems to be almost always at list price).

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

If they priced the KS-7 any lower I'd probably talk myself into getting one - but then dropping that $23 KS-10

• sinsin Member
    edited February 2019

nullnothere said: What gives? Has everybody just moved on to Gbit now?

100Mbps is just fine for me...I just use my servers for web hosting and it gets the job done.

• @DrCornFlakes said:
    paying 150€ for your monthly internet bill...

Only?
    Lucky you.

• @sin said:

nullnothere said: What gives? Has everybody just moved on to Gbit now?

100Mbps is just fine for me...I just use my servers for web hosting and it gets the job done.

640Mbps ought to be enough for anybody.

Thanked by 1sin
  • nullnothere said: upgrade network

Waiting for upgrade, even for 250Mbits?

• how many simultaneous user can KS-3 running a wordpress site and db?

• @ninzo59, the price is still normal (€7.99) when I am trying to order it. Do I have to enter coupon to get 25% off?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:
    @ninzo59, the price is still normal (€7.99) when I am trying to order it. Do I have to enter coupon to get 25% off?

KS-3?

7,99$ you mean? In this case thats already the discounted price.

If euro thats 7,99€ , please use https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/commande/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk143 (or take your country/website and change at the end of your URL the reference and put 1801sk143)

• @ninzo59 said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    @ninzo59, the price is still normal (€7.99) when I am trying to order it. Do I have to enter coupon to get 25% off?

KS-3?

If euro thats 7,99€ , please use https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/commande/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk143 (or take your country/website and change at the end of your URL the reference and put 1801sk143)

I opened the link on the first post.
    https://imgur.com/a/KtG13Jb

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:

@ninzo59 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

KS-3?

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk143

that's weird I ve got the right price here..

• @ninzo59 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ninzo59 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

KS-3?

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk143

that's weird I ve got the right price here..

Yep, working now. Thanks..

• some option to have KS-9 on offer with future delivery ? please check that

• Does Kimsufi now have an online ticketing system through the control panel ? - I vaguely remember support only being available via their forum.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@optisoft said:
    some option to have KS-9 on offer with future delivery ? please check that

He was available today at 11:40.

• @nullnothere

i just received one ks-3 in gra so not only rbx i guess..

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

happyman said: Does Kimsufi now have an online ticketing system through the control panel ?

Yes they do, but don't get your hopes up too high for rapid ticket response, unless it's about a hardware failure.

• sinsin Member
    edited February 2019

@happyman said:
    Does Kimsufi now have an online ticketing system through the control panel ? - I vaguely remember support only being available via their forum.

Yes support is via ticket system through the control panel. They're also pretty quick to fix your server is their monitoring detects it as being down.

• Would really love KS-11 or KS-12 to be on offer. I can only hope...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @emperor said: i just received one ks-3 in gra so not only rbx i guess

Thank you - I snagged one in GRA as well - so now I have one in RBX and one in GRA and I only want one (I don't need either but let's not get into addiction now).

Should I should I not...
    should I should I not...

@ninzo59 - is there anyway to cancel one and just request credit in the account to be adjusted against renewals?

• @Vova1234 said:

@optisoft said:
    some option to have KS-9 on offer with future delivery ? please check that

He was available today at 11:40.

missed it, :(

if they have parts to assemble, they can try some sale of them with delayed delivery @ninzo59

• @sin said:

Yes support is via ticket system through the control panel. They're also pretty quick to fix your server is their monitoring detects it as being down.

I have a SYS and Kimsufi server already. The Kimsufi uses the ovh control panel rather than the one on the Kimsufi website so wasn't sure. I assume buying a new Kimsufi now will use their new control panel.

• @nullnothere said: I snagged one in GRA as well - so now I have one in RBX and one in GRA and I only want one

So why did you get a second one?

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @angstrom said: So why did you get a second one?

Don't ask embarassing questions. I have now hidden my wallet.

I come to LET to escape from life, not to be held accountable for it.

• @angstrom said:

@nullnothere said: I snagged one in GRA as well - so now I have one in RBX and one in GRA and I only want one

So why did you get a second one?

You always need a backup machine for serious idling.

• @eol said: You always need a backup machine for serious idling.

It is never sufficient to have only one backup. You must have at least N+1.

Thus by induction we have proved that you should always buy one more.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@nullnothere said:

@eol said: You always need a backup machine for serious idling.

It is never sufficient to have only one backup. You must have at least N+1.

Thus by induction we have proved that you should always buy one more.

1 agree,
    2 is the bare minimum.
    3 (+) for pro level.

EDIT2:
    I mean backups?

• eol said: 3 (+) for pro level.

This is LET - so there are levels galore.

4 - you've not yet had providers disappear
    5 - you're had providers sell (you) to other providers
    6 - You missed the paypal claim window
    7 - You're lucky you reached this far
    8 - You're competing with Intel on the cores
    9 - This includes the extra sneaky backup
    10 - Celebrate 2 digit backups
    11 - And there was one more
    12 - One backup site per continent just in case there's a bad earthquake and you still need your data
    13 - You managed to snag one in Antartica

Sorry my backup is still running got to go to check why...

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

sin said: They're also pretty quick to fix your server is their monitoring detects it as being down.

This. I was impressed. You don't even need to open a ticket, but if you do they'll give you more information. For the price paid, I'd say that support is pretty good.

greattomeetyou said: how many simultaneous user can KS-3 running a wordpress site and db?

Thousands if you serve cached + pre-gziped pages with nginx and have enough RAM for some cache. Check @eva2000's centminmod github repo for config files (or install centminmod!).

Thanked by 1uptime