Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests.

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Is the 'FLAG' function still working? flagged a number of things (offers) that significantly break the rules recently and they have not been touched, either the flag function is broken or it is time for a moderator refresh or perhaps if the rules are now super flexible let us know so we can start posting bigger plans without fear of rebuttal?

Mods are overworked and underpaid. I started tagging @doghouch aside from flagging the thread, seems to work. Feels a bit dick-ish though, like using LET as your helpdesk.

• Am i the only one who dislikes this green template? :D

• @Drv said:
    Am i the only one who dislikes this green template? :D

Yes.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @eol said:

@Drv said:
    Am i the only one who dislikes this green template? :D

Yes.

No.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

teamacc said: Mods are overworked and underpaid. I started tagging @doghouch aside from flagging the thread, seems to work. Feels a bit dick-ish though, like using LET as your helpdesk.

Yep, so either the flag button is not working as it used to (quite possible) or the other mods are not paying attention and need to be cycled to fresh blood.

• @AnthonySmith said:

teamacc said: Mods are overworked and underpaid. I started tagging @doghouch aside from flagging the thread, seems to work. Feels a bit dick-ish though, like using LET as your helpdesk.

Yep, so either the flag button is not working as it used to (quite possible) or the other mods are not paying attention and need to be cycled to fresh blood.

It’s honestly easier to see tags than it is flags lol

doghouch said: It’s honestly easier to see tags than it is flags lol

I guess they changed something then because flagged topics used to stand out a country mile.

• @doghouch said:

@AnthonySmith said:

It’s honestly easier to see tags than it is flags lol

You should make a feature request to change that, then.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

doghouch said: It’s honestly easier to see tags than it is flags lol

I guess they changed something then because flagged topics used to stand out a country mile.

It’s still bolded but the mod panel on mobile is a pile of garbage.

I can see them fine as tags though; while I don’t want people to always tag me, it’s just easier right now.

doghouch said: the mod panel on mobile is a pile of garbage.

ah right yes, I never even bothered trying on mobile :)

• imokimok Member

Small bug there https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/deank

Needs more CSS.

edited April 2019

Rule suggestion: you may not post a review with an account that is less than 1 month old with and less than 14 posts. Failure to comply will result in closure of your account and removal of your review.

That should put an end to the 1 hit wonder a angry foot stampers, if they feel strongly enough to want to trash a company then they will still feel that way in a month unless it is JUST a tantrum.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Rule suggestion: you may not post a review with an account that is less than 1 month old with and less than 14 posts. Failure to comply will result in closure of your account and removal of your review.

That should put an end to the 1 hit wonder a angry foot stampers, if they feel strongly enough to want to trash a company then they will still feel that way in a month unless it is JUST a tantrum.

This

And also, please fix this

sanvit said: And also, please fix this

It is fun though, we can use it to subscribe all the big blacklists to the newsletter as it requires ZERO validation.

• @AnthonySmith said:

sanvit said: And also, please fix this

It is fun though, we can use it to subscribe all the big blacklists to the newsletter as it requires ZERO validation.

Yeah, it's true. What would stop anyone from subscribing AlphaW00t to LET newsletter? ;)
    But, what I meant was give me my drafts page back... :(

• imokimok Member

Thanked by 2Letzien MrPsycho
  • JackHJackH Member

@AnthonySmith said:

I'm only a month late... :') Just spotted this. I am completely in agreement however I've seen one instance of an honest, thought out review this week that I was rather impressed with. Will monitor over the next couple of weeks and if foot stompers >> 'normal' reviews I'll add it to the rule list.

• @JackH

I know you guys are already overworked, but how about adding that review rule and allowing for exemptions? If the person can prove within ten minutes that they were legitimately wronged by a host, then they should be allowed to post the review.

• JackHJackH Member

@FlamesRunner said:
    @JackH

I know you guys are already overworked, but how about adding that review rule and allowing for exemptions? If the person can prove within ten minutes that they were legitimately wronged by a host, then they should be allowed to post the review.

That's definitely one option. I'll have a think about phrasing and see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion!

• ewwinkewwink Member
    edited May 2019

Feature: Advance search, documentation https://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/addons/advanced-search/ and even better show thread instead post for search result, I already ask it here 3 years ago :lol:

Reason: Google results is not realtime or not all pages indexed.

Feature: add the following to the search result page :lol:

For more search results type below on Google:
    site:lowendtalk.com intext:"SearchTerm"

Reason: This is funny feature request because alot people here suggest this.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Looks like an issue with drafts.

• imokimok Member

@qps that's a feature.

• donlidonli Member

@qps said:
    Looks like an issue with drafts.

Scroll down, way down.

Thanked by 2qps dfroe
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

donli said: Scroll down, way down.

Hah, you're right. Thanks.

• HurleyHurley Member
    edited June 2019

I don't think we're supposed to put images in our signatures.

Edit 2: also you can post oversized images on profile pages.
    Edit 2 2: Unlimited poll options, and questions sounds fun. The option counter has a bug somewhere, thanks Vanilla.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2989700/#Comment_2989700

(I posted in the Cest Pit; I should have posted here.)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Bug report: clicking "My Drafts" on the left offers the chance to subscribe to the LET newsletter (there is one!?!?) I had expected, perhaps naively, to see my drafts.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@raindog308 said:
    Bug report: clicking "My Drafts" on the left offers the chance to subscribe to the LET newsletter (there is one!?!?) I had expected, perhaps naively, to see my drafts.

You have to scroll allllll way down to see your drafts.

ITLabs said: You have to scroll allllll way down to see your drafts.

Oh yeah...if I scroll down a full blank page, I see them. So it's just a formatting bug of some sort.

https://support.lowendtalk.com/ does not work.

$ wget https://support.lowendtalk.com/
    --2019-09-16 09:41:02--  https://support.lowendtalk.com/
    Resolving support.lowendtalk.com... 104.20.214.37, 104.20.215.37
    Connecting to support.lowendtalk.com|104.20.214.37|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
    2019-09-16 09:41:02 ERROR 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable.