Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Websound VPS will be migrated to Hostodo (?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Websound VPS will be migrated to Hostodo (?)

FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
edited February 2019 in Providers

Disclaimer: I got this information from another forum as I don't have a service with Websound.

As far as I know, only VPS services are affected but not shared hosting. Perhaps @WSCallum can clarify on this matter.

TLDR: All VPS on Websound will be removed on 10 March 2019. A manual migration has to be initiated before this with Hostodo.

Thanked by 2eol uptime

Comments

• its better a migration from a provider to another provider rather than a run-away like a @bigpowerhost :wink:

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • Anyway.
    No name below that wall of text.
    Weak.

Thanked by 2Hassan 3606202
  • Hostodo have improved a lot over the years, so it's good to see they are growing.

Better than websound deadpooling on you guys

Thanked by 3Hassan eol skorous
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Yes, we will be providing everyone their exact plans/specs on our nodes. We're respecting your billing dates from WebSound, so you wont need to pay anything up front. You will just renew when your due date comes.

Please note that this we aren't importing the clients directly from WebSound. You need to register with us and open a ticket with proof of your WebSound service, and we'll provide the replacement VPS.

Thanked by 2skorous mustafamw3
  • JonesJones Member
    edited February 2019

@Hassan
    Amazing news, quickly.......

#429206 tickets

• WebSound customer here.

I just saw the e-mail today and I was saddened.

I'm sure many of us look at reviews of a provider to see if they're legitimate / good or not, then we go through the ToS to see if the deal is actually any good and it's tough because it truly is like finding a needle in a haystack.

@WSCallum provided that many years ago with one of his WebSound offers.

Sad to see the VPS deals go.

For clarity: WebSound is not going anywhere, only the VPS services are being halted.

@Hassan, I'll be opening a ticket in a few days (seems like you guys got quite a few tickets to handle at the moment).

• I can confirm that this is correct. I have communicated with Hassan over the last few weeks to ensure our clients have an alternative and also have their current due dates honoured - We aren’t deadpooling and we aren’t leaving the industry, but we’re refocusing.

Our clients are really important to us and I cannot thank Hassan for assisting us with this and ensuring our clients have a great new home, i’m sure those clients will be treated equally as well. I would never have made such an announcement if I didn’t think this move would be right by all involved.

We’ll be supporting all involved in their migrations as much as we can but the easiest way around all legalities is for clients to register with hosttodo, provide proof of their service with us and they’ll have it matched.

Thanked by 3FHR Hassan mustafamw3
  • I bought Hostodo. But it is unstable.

• Can I get a partial refund if I don't want to migrate to Hostodo?

If I have to migrate to hostodo what will happen after the server expires? Can I renew it at the previous price or it will be terminated?

@WSCallum @Hassan

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Can I get a partial refund if I don't want to migrate to Hostodo?

If I have to migrate to hostodo what will happen after the server expires? Can I renew it at the previous price or it will be terminated?

@WSCallum @Hassan

We will review on a case by case basis, you’d need to submit a ticket with us.

• Refunds should be provided to all. People didn't pay their money to be hosted by Hassan.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @JoeMerit said:
    Refunds should be provided to all. People didn't pay their money to be hosted by Hassan.

To be fair, Hassan has improved things a hell of a lot since the last time you've tried it.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • I'm a customer of WebSound, I was sad to know this when I received the email because my servers worked very well before.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSCallum said:
    I can confirm that this is correct. I have communicated with Hassan over the last few weeks to ensure our clients have an alternative and also have their current due dates honoured

I feel cheated as I just recently got a KVM with you in LA from your last offer thread here at LET. Out of curiosity, were you two in negotiation when you posted that offer thread?

@Hassan said:
    Yes, we will be providing everyone their exact plans/specs on our nodes. We're respecting your billing dates from WebSound, so you wont need to pay anything up front. You will just renew when your due date comes.

Will you honor the price as well?

Thanked by 1skorous
  • mikho said: I feel cheated as I just recently got a KVM with you in LA from your last offer thread here at LET. Out of curiosity, were you two in negotiation when you posted that offer thread?

I kinda have to agree. Two weeks ago you were actively promoting and now you're exiting the field a month later. I want to be clear that I appreciate WSCallum finding a home for the refugees and I'm not even unhappy to be migrating over as I'm actually already a Hostodo customer and he's been solid. It just doesn't feel right. :-/

• dahartigan said: To be fair, Hassan has improved things a hell of a lot since the last time you've tried it.

+1

Fully realizing I'm new and have no credibility but Hostodo's been stable for me over the last six months or so. Picked up one of his Miami KVMs back in September and been running some service monitoring off it without issue. Cant speak to ticket resolution times or anything since I haven't needed to open any.

• Right before DevCapsule announced they were closing, their support told me they would have more stocks in LA next week. :wink:

After I migrated from DevCapsule to another provider, I saw Websound post a promo here at last December. I bought one and monitored it for about 2 months. Everything was pretty satisfying so I moved my stuff to Websound last weekend. :wink:

• Brilliant.

• @Kiwi83 So what you're saying is you're one of the four horsemen of "the end is nigh" sect and to avoid whomever is hosting you? :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

True.

• @skorous said:
    @Kiwi83 So what you're saying is you're one of the four horsemen of "the end is nigh" sect and to avoid whomever is hosting you? :)

Hostodo, or not to do: that is the question.

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The sect has secret followers everywhere.

@jii said:
    I bought Hostodo. But it is unstable.

Please open a ticket and let me know the ticket ID. There shouldn't be any issues at the moment.

@Kiwi83 said:
    Can I get a partial refund if I don't want to migrate to Hostodo?

@WSCallum @Hassan

You will continue to renew for the same price. You will get an invoice from us when it is time to renew, and the price will remain the same

@mikho said:

@WSCallum said:
    I can confirm that this is correct. I have communicated with Hassan over the last few weeks to ensure our clients have an alternative and also have their current due dates honoured

I feel cheated as I just recently got a KVM with you in LA from your last offer thread here at LET. Out of curiosity, were you two in negotiation when you posted that offer thread?

@Hassan said:

We will honor the exact pricing

• @Hassan
    Please take a few more minutes to get to know what the customer is saying,
    hope I can be taken care of by you. Thank you for your hard work.

• @mikho said:

@WSCallum said:

@Hassan said:

No, we were not negotating this when the latest offer was posted.

Please open a ticket and we’ll issue a refund for this if you don’t want the migration.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @Hassan said:

Please note that this we aren't importing the clients directly from WebSound. You need to register with us and open a ticket with proof of your WebSound service, and we'll provide the replacement VPS.

@Hassan said:

Can you explain the problem of the upstream speed limit? The downstream bandwidth is 400M, and the upstream bandwidth is only 20M. In fact, I used to be a hostodo user in the past, but the network is really too bad, and the machine has been idle until the bill expires. After that I chose websound, but now I have to go back to hostodo, I have completed the migration, and the network is still awful.

• JonesJones Member
    edited February 2019

@yummy

Can you explain the problem of the upstream speed limit? The downstream bandwidth is 400M, and the upstream bandwidth is only 20M. In fact, I used to be a hostodo user in the past, but the network is really too bad, and the machine has been idle until the bill expires. After that I chose websound, but now I have to go back to hostodo, I have completed the migration, and the network is still awful.

Experienced the same encounter,Obviously, these migration products have no profit, so seen oversold

• @yummy said:

@Hassan said:

@Hassan said:

You realize you are sharing resources with many other users, don't you?

Thanked by 1eol