Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

letbox node migration?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

letbox node migration?

Got two identical mails from letbox. It sounds like vm on node c18 can get better performance on request but I am not sure whether i am affected or not...

Howdy,

Some people call us are not happy with c16 & c17 performance so we answered if anyone at c18 looking to moved for better performance and pump the Block Storage from 100MB/s to up to 500MB/s please send us know the downtime would like a one reboot or few minutes.

BBox512 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 200MB/s
BBox1= Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 300MB/s
BBox 2 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 412MB/s
BBox4 & BBox8 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 512MB/s

NVMe are improved with all packages sending us back for migrated!

Best regards

Comments

• you mean you don't know if you are even on c16, c17 or c18 and oblivious to any performance issues??? Impressive.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • if you are okay with bad performance they are happy to leave you on those nodes.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Man... they really need an English native speaker on their staff.

• Engrisj is overatd.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Nigh end is.

Thanked by 1eol
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@cause said:
    Got two identical mails from letbox. It sounds like vm on node c18 can get better performance on request but I am not sure whether i am affected or not...

Howdy,

Some people call us are not happy with c16 & c17 performance so we answered if anyone at c18 looking to moved for better performance and pump the Block Storage from 100MB/s to up to 500MB/s please send us know the downtime would like a one reboot or few minutes.

BBox512 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 200MB/s
    BBox1= Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 300MB/s
    BBox 2 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 412MB/s
    BBox4 & BBox8 = Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 512MB/s

NVMe are improved with all packages sending us back for migrated!

Best regards

The message is wrong there is no more c18 node available since it already migrated, both c16-c17 will be migrated and Block Storage will be improve up to 512MB/s + NVMe performance and cpu fixing limitations.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2019

I received this email too. My box1 plan on C17 went offline while I was sleeping.

Woke up and powered it on, after reading the email.
    Everything seems fine. IO limits for attached blockstorage seems to have increased according to the values in the email.

Asking support whether I can expect another reboot before Monday only got me a link to status page as their response. 🤷‍♂️
    Guess it's fine. They've finished some kind of 'upgrade' to blockstorage at least.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @deank I hope not, in terms of Letbox. ;-)
    Cracking deals.

• And it's down again (30m and counting)
    I'm going to sleep

• vimalware said: And it's down again (30m and counting)

Same here. Received an email but have no idea what it means :)

I'm going to sleep

Not here, big game tonight !

edited February 2019

@vimalware said:
    And it's down again (30m and counting)
    I'm going to sleep

It all up sorry we moved alot of people we still have like 150 to 200 client look how huge is the data we working 24/7 to got everyone migrated. Right now we have to reboot the node For disk installing and Since the Block Storage are doing Self healing we will starting migrate people over next few hours once all sorted out.

@sleddog said:

vimalware said: And it's down again (30m and counting)

Same here. Received an email but have no idea what it means :)

I'm going to sleep

Not here, big game tonight !

i did simplified explanation right above.

Thanks for your patient!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Then maybe next time, just send a maintainance notice and estimated down time?...last night after reading the e-mail I thought it's done already but woke up only finding vps was down...

• @key900 : always send a maintenance email if you have to take down critical infrastructure.

And Mention a time range 'best case' to 'worst case' for time to 'service restored' .

Most clients understand downtime, but we hate radio silence on what's happening.
    I hate logging in just to write a ticket about this routine stuff.

It saves everyone time and frustration.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @key900 said: It all up sorry we moved alot of people we still have like 150 to 200 client look how huge is the data we working 24/7 to got everyone migrated. Right now we have to reboot the node For disk installing and Since the Block Storage are doing Self healing we will starting migrate people over next few hours once all sorted out.

Hi, I'm on c17. Will I be migrated automatically, or do I have to make a request? (It's fine with me if you'll do it automatically.)

@vimalware said:
    @key900 : always send a maintenance email if you have to take down critical infrastructure.

And Mention a time range 'best case' to 'worst case' for time to 'service restored' .

Most clients understand downtime, but we hate radio silence on what's happening.
    I hate logging in just to write a ticket about this routine stuff.

It saves everyone time and frustration.

@yorkchou said:
    Then maybe next time, just send a maintainance notice and estimated down time?...last night after reading the e-mail I thought it's done already but woke up only finding vps was down...

I totally agree with you we set time frames however it was an unexpected complex issue we had to deal with it all figured and sorted 100% there is no future issue has to be done before the migration, please accept my apologies

Thanked by 1vimalware

@angstrom said:

@key900 said: It all up sorry we moved alot of people we still have like 150 to 200 client look how huge is the data we working 24/7 to got everyone migrated. Right now we have to reboot the node For disk installing and Since the Block Storage are doing Self healing we will starting migrate people over next few hours once all sorted out.

Hi, I'm on c17. Will I be migrated automatically, or do I have to make a request? (It's fine with me if you'll do it automatically.)

No need we will moved everyone over just we want to let them know or if they want to migrate at their time frames.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I've bashed LetBox a bit about this I/O performance in the past, but have to give credit where it is due - they changed my VM and the improvement is very noticeable. I went from unusable to loads in the 0.03-0.08 range. Some of the communication is indeed rather difficult to understand, but I'm happy with the end result.

• My VPS was reset/reboot without any notification. You can do better.

• @vimalware said:
    I'm going to sleep

To be Fair, this might have been an instant reboot. I didn't want to login to VNC and input LUKS password at 2am.

@key900 Are the NVMe rootfs blocks also replicated, or should I make my own nvme backups? (which get stored on the replicated storage I assume?)

• My vm is on C16 and was down for 10 hrs. No or negative performance improvement after reboot. (now ~40MB/s dd read from block storage)

@cause said:
    My vm is on C16 and was down for 10 hrs. No or negative performance improvement after reboot. (now ~40MB/s dd read from block storage)

We can move you over but will take node down for LSI battery replacement next week or this week are you ok with that? Bad luck that we got bad battery come with new LSI!

edited February 2019

@vimalware said:

@vimalware said:
    I'm going to sleep

To be Fair, this might have been an instant reboot. I didn't want to login to VNC and input LUKS password at 2am.

@key900 Are the NVMe rootfs blocks also replicated, or should I make my own nvme backups? (which get stored on the replicated storage I assume?)

NVMe not replicated we did test it but the performance wasn’t great you know. But you can do backup via Control panel!

Thanked by 1vimalware

@cause said:
    My vm is on C16 and was down for 10 hrs. No or negative performance improvement after reboot. (now ~40MB/s dd read from block storage)

Pm me your registration mail i will got you migrated. All working great now! We almost donw with everything migrated!

• @key900 Thank you for moving into a better node.

• @key900 Thanks. 400MB/s read from block storage now.

Thanked by 1letbox

@cause said:
    @key900 Thanks. 400MB/s read from block storage now.

You are welcome :)