Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server provisioning software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server provisioning software

I was searching around for bare metal provisioning software and came across https://www.ispsystem.com/. Has anyone tried it and provide some comments on it? I have installed and tried it a bit and seems pretty stable but when I try to go Google stuff about it, I hardly find any stuff on it.

I have also tried https://www.synergycp.com but the UI is really slow and always have to wait for loading so I gave up on it. I was mainly looking for software which is about $2 or less per server management so if you know of any other, could you please list them and how you feel about it as well?

Thanked by 1Silvest

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

wget & bash, best server provisioning software.

2$ for what per month? naaaaaaa

Thanked by 2eol belemenon
  • This was discussed here within the last week or so. Closed the browser tab on the name and too lazy to search.

Thanked by 1eol
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

ISPSystem's one is buggy and needs serious tweaking to be made to work and some compromise. Thats all I can say.

• @Radi said:
    ISPSystem's one is buggy and needs serious tweaking to be made to work and some compromise. Thats all I can say.

Thanks for your feedback Radi~

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@cobydecock said:
    I was searching around for bare metal provisioning software and came across https://www.ispsystem.com/. Has anyone tried it and provide some comments on it? I have installed and tried it a bit and seems pretty stable but when I try to go Google stuff about it, I hardly find any stuff on it.

I have also tried https://www.synergycp.com but the UI is really slow and always have to wait for loading so I gave up on it. I was mainly looking for software which is about $2 or less per server management so if you know of any other, could you please list them and how you feel about it as well?

Did you follow their (SynergyCP) instructions on the minimum requirements and SSD?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Radi said:

I didnt experience such thing... What issues did you face?

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

NOC-PS is work fine , and if you use WHMCS the module from deploymentcode:
    https://deploymentcode.com/noc-ps-whmcs/overview/

You need one Vm for NOC-PS , one VM for Proxy and the WHMCS module

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    NOC-PS is work fine , and if you use WHMCS the module from deploymentcode:
    https://deploymentcode.com/noc-ps-whmcs/overview/

You need one Vm for NOC-PS , one VM for Proxy and the WHMCS module

That actually seems pretty good, only thing it seems to be missing is being able to shutdown/enable ports and set VLANs on a switch automatically, still quite a lot of manual work required for a provision otherwise e.g. assigning an IP subnet to the server based on the size the customer purchased.

Thanked by 1techhelper1
    edited February 2019

:wink: yes don´t tell me , we have provizioned over 200 servers.......and at over 150 servers the whmcs module is already working slowly

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    :wink: yes don´t tell me , we have provizioned over 200 servers.......and at over 150 servers the whmcs module is already working slowly

That's not good😟 thanks for warning me.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Not used but thought would share anyway: https://www.easydcim.com/ might be another solution to look into.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

This looks interesting too: https://www.theforeman.org I was looking into that.

• @dedicatserver_ro said:

I am using the same module with around 200 servers and have no issues at all. Actually the pages load quite fast.

@SpartanHost said:
    That actually seems pretty good, only thing it seems to be missing is being able to shutdown/enable ports and set VLANs on a switch automatically, still quite a lot of manual work required for a provision otherwise e.g. assigning an IP subnet to the server based on the size the customer purchased.

I automated the switch configuration with the module hooks. However, VLANs could be difficult. Maybe easyDCIM works with VLANs, but it is much more expensive.

@Tr33n said:

@dedicatserver_ro said:

I am using the same module with around 200 servers and have no issues at all. Actually the pages load quite fast.

@SpartanHost said:

I automated the switch configuration with the module hooks. However, VLANs could be difficult. Maybe easyDCIM works with VLANs, but it is much more expensive.

All I would need it to do is be able to set a VLAN to a switch port and that would be sufficient, it seems the module lacks the ability to choose a subnet size so that's the only downfall for integrating that into a module hook.

I assume you just implemented shutting down and bringing a switch port back up, presumably via SNMP and that was it.

For the difference in cost, it's almost worth putting significant resources into developing the extra things needed for hooks.

The IPMI proxy seems limited to a single one though which is the only downside as we e.g. have two data centres and therefore would need two proxies.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Nah. The hook creates policer on the switch depending on the product.
    I use the auto shutdown for suspended servers. That saves energy costs :tongue:

edited February 2019

Tr33n said: I am using the same module with around 200 servers and have no issues at all. Actually the pages load quite fast.

The guys from deploymentcode told us we have to many configurable options on each server and they work to a better version now.

But i can confirm after all the settings are done and all servers are in the system the module work fine , only if you need to made same changes the settings interface from the module is slowly.

SpartanHost said: The IPMI proxy seems limited to a single one though which is the only downside as we e.g. have two data centres and therefore would need two proxies.

We have the same - two DC - and we use two proxy , is work fine.

Thanked by 1SpartanHost

@dedicatserver_ro said:

SpartanHost said: The IPMI proxy seems limited to a single one though which is the only downside as we e.g. have two data centres and therefore would need two proxies.

We have the same - two DC - and we use two proxy , is work fine.

I assume the interface has a way to add two proxies in that case, one on a VPS in each data centre?

• @SpryServers_Tab said:

@cobydecock said:

Did you follow their (SynergyCP) instructions on the minimum requirements and SSD?

I installed it on a E5-2670 machine with 32Gb RAM with SSD drive. I will try to put some more memory and see if that helps.

• @HostMedia said:
    Not used but thought would share anyway: https://www.easydcim.com/ might be another solution to look into.

This definitely is promising but it seems a bit expensive.

• @oplink said:
    This looks interesting too: https://www.theforeman.org I was looking into that.

Looks quite nice but does not seem to do Windows OS installs.

• CTO of SynergyCP here, would you mind authorizing my public key (below) for root SSH access and sending the IP of the server to [email protected] so that we can look into why it's running slowly for you? We've got installations with thousands of servers and no speed issues, so I suspect this is a botched install - perhaps something is stuck in a loop and eating all the resources.

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCZjkLrhvOuAXpLcocpe7J/7tHylKD4I0+to3oShyGDQHWxUAniNfLbsFLPnY78/kB3eODxR2qwiJtDFZvRqBg/n8CgMkUtIgWMorETqvxbYQmDC4eqrO9yxSPGzvbWgiDbY/oFrlAFCOssqJzeAKq9+EREaZ+L2MEY37f850YnRulS6t0fPRoNO1Cs33E4qjv4OjJQJWiKUQHOV2M0x6uveJ1tpj9DWJ91JwK3//5VBq++bxvWCC4KAgJAzVjugatzUwDxlL4K2f6x1Kumu4rqNabo0B1Sf/hNAcxeZGweEWesiXViiaj6erCzhavZoVDSpneX2ZqfSjHDi4AWf/Ul [email protected]

• LeviLevi Member
    edited February 2019

@cabloo said:
    CTO of SynergyCP here, would you mind authorizing my public key (below) for root SSH access and sending the IP of the server to [email protected] so that we can look into why it's running slowly for you? We've got installations with thousands of servers and no speed issues, so I suspect this is a botched install - perhaps something is stuck in a loop and eating all the resources.

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCZjkLrhvOuAXpLcocpe7J/7tHylKD4I0+to3oShyGDQHWxUAniNfLbsFLPnY78/kB3eODxR2qwiJtDFZvRqBg/n8CgMkUtIgWMorETqvxbYQmDC4eqrO9yxSPGzvbWgiDbY/oFrlAFCOssqJzeAKq9+EREaZ+L2MEY37f850YnRulS6t0fPRoNO1Cs33E4qjv4OjJQJWiKUQHOV2M0x6uveJ1tpj9DWJ91JwK3//5VBq++bxvWCC4KAgJAzVjugatzUwDxlL4K2f6x1Kumu4rqNabo0B1Sf/hNAcxeZGweEWesiXViiaj6erCzhavZoVDSpneX2ZqfSjHDi4AWf/Ul [email protected]

Sure dude, your ssh key will go directly into /root/.ssh/authorized_keys . Just instantly.

/s

NO! Never ever do this for request from some dodgy forum noname (including me). Hesus Christ even asking such thing is insane...

• @cabloo said:
    CTO of SynergyCP here, would you mind authorizing my public key (below) for root SSH access and sending the IP of the server to [email protected] so that we can look into why it's running slowly for you? We've got installations with thousands of servers and no speed issues, so I suspect this is a botched install - perhaps something is stuck in a loop and eating all the resources.

Have given up on it. The UI is just too bloated to do things quickly. Setting up an ISO requires a URL rather than just being able to upload the ISO through the UI. The SSL certificate fails with the only one option which is Let's Encrypt. Far too many issues to be able to continue to consider it and removed the test installation.

• cabloocabloo Member
    edited February 2019

@LTniger said:

@cabloo said:

Sure dude, your ssh key will go directly into /root/.ssh/authorized_keys . Just instantly.

/s

NO! Never ever do this for request from some dodgy forum noname (including me). Hesus Christ even asking such thing is insane...

I'm well aware of the security implications here, but that key being on his server would be hard to exploit without knowing the IP Address of the server, which is why I recommended emailing the IP address to us on a channel he can trust. Besides, I would expect that he would take the precaution to check with our support channel if this were anything more than what it is (a test server).

@cobydecock said:

@cabloo said:

Have given up on it. The UI is just too bloated to do things quickly. Setting up an ISO requires a URL rather than just being able to upload the ISO through the UI. The SSL certificate fails with the only one option which is Let's Encrypt. Far too many issues to be able to continue to consider it and removed the test installation.

I'm sorry to hear that you gave up on it. Our entire UI is designed around productivity, so I'm surprised that you felt this way. That being said, everyone's workflow is different and it's hard to optimize for all of them, but we do our best to. We're aware of the inconvenience in the ISO upload process, but there are major concerns (specifically, DDoS) with allowing large file uploads. Any services that do allow this are either very vulnerable to attack, or go to great lengths to prevent that which is why we leave that hard work to them for now instead of subjecting our users to this risk. We will be providing a tutorial for using SFTP or similar to upload the ISO in the near future, which should make this step a bit easier.

For the failing SSL certificate, we recently refactored that whole system to support Let's Encrypt V2 as the recent release of V2 last month was sometimes causing issues with our implementation. If you would consider retrying with a fresh install, it should work the next time.

If there are any other issues holding you back from using our software and you're willing to give us a second chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd reach out to me on Skype at [email protected] so we can talk through them and get them fixed!