Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting, is one of the worst companies?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting, is one of the worst companies?

samucamgsamucamg Member
edited February 2019 in Reviews

I hired a reseller with them, it's been more than 10 days. I have not been able to use it yet. Several services do not work, not even FTP.
Service is cheap but does not work, and they do not have a support staff.
Unfortunately I can not recommend this type of service.
Anyone else here have problems with them?

Comments

• Interesting thread.

Thanked by 2eol imok
  • "NFPHosting.com was founded in 2006 as an e-commerce hosting provider after seeing the lack of hosts who can deliver quality..."

lel

Thanked by 1eol
  • $7/yr reseller plan with unlimited disk space?

Thanked by 2ricardo eol
  • The first bunch of customers probably got decent service, for a little while. With this kind of set up you can at least be safe in the knowledge there's a 1000 other resellers with the same crippled server.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Selling service on a resold service that is that cheap backed by a company with a TERRIBLE reputation is also a scam, so probably best just to charge back, move on, revisit your business plan.

• It's hilarious to think that anyone would actually host their paying clients on one of these deals and expect it to work.

If you just want to play pretend host then sure why not

Thanked by 1FHR
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

@samucamg thanks for this informative review.

Now we know. I am sure they are crap.

I guess you took one for the team this time.

Hopefully at least some useful lessons learned?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

Who can say for sure, really.

EDIT2: better luck with your luck next time.

Thanked by 1eol
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It cannot be that bad, when affiliates sites are linking to it.
    Quality stuff.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • My sites in production, stay in a fantastic vps, in the company "contabo", with 30gb of ram, 800Gb HD SSD exceptional service. More than a year, and I can not make a simple complaint.
    But I use in my vps Centos web panel, and often need to test some programs, scripts, that would be much easier with cpanel and softaculos, so I hired a cheap reseller for annual payment, because in fact I will not leave any site running, only for testing, and after the tests put into production on my vps.
    But unfortunately, I have an open ticket requesting the fix of the ftp service already has more than 10 days.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • @samucamg said:
    ...fantastic vps...I can not make a simple complaint...I have an open ticket requesting the fix of the ftp service already has more than 10 days.

• I guess I've been lucky then. My VPS with them hasn't been that terrible. They were quick to respond to a billing issue that was my fault (double payment refund). Would I host anything mission critical with them? No. But for a simple testing VPS, and running a silly little website, it's been fine for the money I spent.

• Is it possible that they are trolling on you?

• Can't complain about NFP one bit, especially since I deserve to have problems with them. I have one of their so-called "hybrid dedicated servers" and I'm maxing out the 1gbps port 24/7/365 and they haven't terminated me yet.

• This is Cheap.
    They solve my problem
    I'm happy :smiley: :smiley:

• @Kiwi83 said:
    $7/yr reseller plan with unlimited disk space?

link please? I would like to donate some money.

• @Chuck said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    $7/yr reseller plan with unlimited disk space?

link please? I would like to donate some money.

I don't recall there being unlimited from them, unless it was a fuck up when it was provisioned. I think my 49c alpharacks was like that.. unlimited is such a fallacy