Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ 1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 GB RAM / 10 GB NVMe / 1 TB bandwidth - $2.5/mo (LA, NY, Oslo, Vienna)

Comments

• CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2999.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 738.0 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 740 MB (47 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1023 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 23 min
    Load average : 0.03, 0.01, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.4.0-87-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 536 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 675 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 643 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 618.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 87.5MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 6.96MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 6.48MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 67.8MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 71.8MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 6.42MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 11.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 10.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 24.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 8.17MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 6.70MB/s

Asual, Hosthatch ๐Ÿ˜.

@Abdullah , the only issue is that In management panel the location is showing "unknown"..
    Rest of the things are great & sweet..
    Highly recommend ๐Ÿ˜‹

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

Seeing good transfer speeds (over 35 MB/s) to Los Angeles storage from BuyVM Las Vegas

pulled over 200 gb so far in the last few hours

Network is fast my man.

EDIT2:

cpu on LA storage

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz

not super fast cpu but the 2 cores (on the 1.5 TB deal) get the job done

• how long it takes to "finalising" after payment made??

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2019

@Deepak_leb said:

Asual, Hosthatch ๐Ÿ˜.

@Abdullah , the only issue is that In management panel the location is showing "unknown"..
    Rest of the things are great & sweet..
    Highly recommend ๐Ÿ˜‹

Thank you! - the unknown location issue will be resolved by tomorrow.

@uptime said:
    Seeing good transfer speeds (over 35 MB/s) to Los Angeles storage from BuyVM Las Vegas

pulled over 200 gb so far in the last few hours

Network is fast my man.

EDIT2:

cpu on LA storage

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz

not super fast cpu but the 2 cores (on the 1.5 TB deal) get the job done

You will be pleasantly surprised by the CPU performance on the storage servers in a few days (right now it is being hammered with new setups/benches etc) but we will keep things in check with manual setups

@azuan said:
    how long it takes to "finalising" after payment made??

As mentioned in the OP:

Abdullah said: All of the above will be manually provisioned for the time being, and may take up to 24 hours.

• ok its done.
    next question. how do i request for ipv6? and how many can i get if it possible?

• The speeds r crazy for NVMe.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

surprised by the CPU performance in a few days (right now it is being hammered with new setups/benches etc)

It's been working well - not going to bother with benches on this one, I know it's going to do what I need it to.

I might be exercising the 30% dedicated cpu / nvme soon enough though

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@Deepak_leb said:
    the only issue is that In management panel the location is showing "unknown"..

Abdullah said: the unknown location issue will be resolved by tomorrow.

This has been resolved already.

@azuan said:
    ok its done.
    next question. how do i request for ipv6? and how many can i get if it possible?

Please open a ticket for this (after your server is provisioned). You can get a /64.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Abdullah said:

@Deepak_leb said:
    the only issue is that In management panel the location is showing "unknown"..

Abdullah said: the unknown location issue will be resolved by tomorrow.

This has been resolved already.

@azuan said:
    ok its done.

Please open a ticket for this (after your server is provisioned). You can get a /64.

It's resolved @Abdullah .

๐Ÿ˜‹ Thanks again

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah - what are the CPU's in use? It looks like there are definitely some 3.0GHz ones but does it depend on location? Could you possibly share a few details for the different locations?

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

I can honestly say I've never had an issue with hosthatch after buying one of their deals from another user. Almost always full 1gbps speeds when I need it, no downtime and amazing peering with UK.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • AMS(nforce) latency from Airtel finally looks optimal :175ms over 4G.
    I guess something got fixed ; the latency was the only reason I hesitated every time the storage offers got posted.

Let me figure out which meh offer to drop first.

Thanked by 2hosthatch Deepak_leb
  • I just had an issue with one of my vps machines, got in touch with support, issue (caused by myself, of course) was solved in 10 mins or less. Very solid support.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • ehabehab Member
    edited February 2019

while offers are good, support can be improved.

I had a cp password problem "have to reset my password each time i login" and ticket was open for 2 weeks and nothing. I cancelled the service back then now i tried to login in problem still exists!!

when hosthatch fixes their cp i will try again. for now i'll pass.

-- edit -- problem is solved.

Thanked by 3vimalware eol uptime
    edited February 2019

@nullnothere said:
    what are the CPU's in use? It looks like there are definitely some 3.0GHz ones but does it depend on location? Could you possibly share a few details for the different locations?

All locations are the same and have all 3 - we advertise 2.8+ GHz and deliver either 2.8, 2.9 or 3.0 - it is not location specific and we cannot guarantee one.

@ehab said:
    I had a cp password problem "have to reset my password each time i login" and ticket was open for 2 weeks and nothing. I cancelled the service back then now i tried to login in problem still exists!!

sorry to hear that - I can get this resolved for you if you send me a PM with your registered email

Thanked by 2ehab nullnothere
  • hello @Abdullah , if I order monthly payment for now, can I change payment to yearly payment next month with special annual prices?

• Thank you Abdullah , the password problem is now fixed.

hmm, where was i?

Thanked by 2hosthatch eol
  • @Abdullah Info and test ip of your DC?

@freaky_funky said:
    hello @Abdullah , if I order monthly payment for now, can I change payment to yearly payment next month with special annual prices?

Yes, not a problem

@iloveasia said:
    Info and test ip of your DC?

https://www.hosthatch.com/features

• @Abdullah - any chance to get an answer for ticket 125535? Thanks!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • no ticket reply, no provision, must've been sleeping.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2019

tenpera said: no ticket reply, no provision, must've been sleeping.

You do realize it is now pretty late in the night there right? It is now about 11:00 PM CET which would generally be regarded as outside normal business hours. I am sure if your issue was emergent and you ticketed in that manor (there is an option at the bottom of the screen where you open the ticket to choose emergency, if it really is an emergency) they would reply to you. If it is just about a new server your ordered, they already stated manual provisioning and that it could take some time for the servers to be provisioned.

Plus this is a Low End Offer, so it would be unrealistic for you to expect a managed level response for such a service 24 hours a day. If they don't get back to you in 12-24 hours, only then should you start to get concerned.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3eol hosthatch coreflux
  • Take my 2 cents also.

• LvivLviv Member
    edited February 2019

Thanked by 1eol
  • LvivLviv Member
    edited February 2019

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Lviv said:

Need fill in server name above

Thanked by 2Lviv hosthatch
  • @cybertech said:

@Lviv said:

Need fill in server name above

Nice UI. Bad UX.

I want the storage package but I don't need it!!!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

I think they've mentioned (maybe a few times already?) that they're not doing automatic provisioning on these so may take up to 24 hours for them to review new accounts - also staggering the load from the usual setup-and-benchmark frenzy on the nodes.

I put in a ticket in the wee hours here (about 12 hours ago) to get ipv6 and internal networking setup, and got ipv6 about an hour later. Will check back in a week or so for the internal network - seems they need a nudge sometimes but at these prices that's a reasonable tradeoff I think.

Noticed the panel can take a minute or three to unmount ISO and change boot order after installation, but seems not too far out from the timing for that step I've seen elsewhere even when system is not flooded with new install tasks. (Some feedback on the panel instructing to wait a few minutes could be helpful).

edited February 2019

Abdullah said: All of the above will be manually provisioned for the time being, and may take up to 24 hours.

-

@tenpera said:
    no ticket reply, no provision, must've been sleeping.

why do things have to be like this...

uptime said: Noticed the panel can take a minute or three to unmount ISO and change boot order after installation

This should resolve itself in a few days :)

• @Abdullah do you have any specials on your Sydney node by any chance? Or any plans for KVM in Sydney?

Hosthatch is a good example of low prices and good performance in my experience. Never had any issues and they are still alive after many BF and CM crazy deals lol

Thanked by 1lowenduser4531