Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For Netcup Root Server Reviews & Alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For Netcup Root Server Reviews & Alternatives

Hi,

I am interested in NETCUP's root server, i want to know how good those performs ? If anyone used their services or still using please let me know.

Also, i am looking for something similar to NETCUP's root server. Please suggest me if you know about one.

Purpose is to install cPanel and host website. Budget is $15.00 USD/Monthly maximum.

Thanks.

Comments

• There are mixed reviews about netcup. I am myself just got a few Domains (without hosting) there. A friend of mine got a vserver and is pretty disappointed tho. I should mention they got awarded (from hosttest.de - over 10k votes) for their webhosting and vps. At least in the last year there were kinda bad news about them. Customers having problems with bandwith. They were using around 60-70 of this 100m unmetered port (tho you get a mail at around 2tb i guess) and got suspended several times. Hardware on it's own is pretty solid and does it work, no words of overselling or so. Netcup is what it is 'cheap' tho having some decent standards. I would advice you to test their server first tho you will have to pay more then if you take single month contract instead of long term ones. Depending on your needings you can also have a look here
    https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd (their christmas deal is nice 3€/m for 1xdedicated cpu + 2gb KVM!)
    They are netcups rivals (what I notice on serversupportforum.de)
    Since I am being german you can ask me some more questions if you are looking for Servers hosted in Germany or by german companies.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Netcup will charge you VAT even if you not from EU

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

15 USD is not enough if you need cPanel. It barely offers a license fee. Unless you're planning bringing your own external license.

• nfnnfn Veteran
    edited December 2016

I use them and they are ok from the price.
    You can see my first impressions here.

I only had two downtime with them related to disks problems but where solved without any data lost.
    Other than that, most of the time I have 100% uptime with uptimerobot.

The server I'm in is stable and I have nothing to say against them.
    Network could have better performance, but I don't hosts files, only regular sites, so this is not a problem for me.

The new plans have newer cpu's but ssd space is smaller than before.

These are new benchs from today:

http://pastebin.com/S8vNrVwZ

PS: Markdown code isn't working :(

• I have a root server with them going on three months now and have just committed to renew for another three months. Server spec is:

2 x dedicated vCPU (Xeon E5-2670 v3),
    6Gb DDR4 ECC,
    4 x 320Gb SAS,
    Hardware RAID10

My RS has been up solid for two months now with no issues thankfully

Benchmark results are good;

System Info
            -----------
            Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz
            CPU Cores       : 2
            Frequency       : 2297.338 MHz
            Memory          : 5967 MB
            Swap            :  MB
            Uptime          : 59 days, 15:46,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
            Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
            Kernel          : 4.4.0-47-generic
            Hostname        : 

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
            ---------------------
            Your public IPv4 is 

Location                Provider        Speed
            CDN                     Cachefly        49.7MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          4.95MB/s
            Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       8.12MB/s
            Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.44MB/s
            San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       7.77MB/s
            Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       15.9MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          6.42MB/s
            Singapore               Softlayer       6.20MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         18.2MB/s
            Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        46.6MB/s

Disk Speed
            ----------
            I/O (1st run)   : 374 MB/s
            I/O (2nd run)   : 478 MB/s
            I/O (3rd run)   : 400 MB/s
            Average I/O     : 417.333 MB/s

I'd recommend them if you can get one of their RS 'specials' but you will probably have to commit to a 3 or 6 month contract

• StevenGeorgeStevenGeorge Member
    edited December 2016

@Clouvider said:
    15 USD is not enough if you need cPanel. It barely offers a license fee. Unless you're planning bringing your own external license.

i don't need cPanel license from the provider, i mentioned it to clear the purpose of the VPS. Thanks.

• @blackjack4494 said:
    There are mixed reviews about netcup. I am myself just got a few Domains (without hosting) there. A friend of mine got a vserver and is pretty disappointed tho. I should mention they got awarded (from hosttest.de - over 10k votes) for their webhosting and vps. At least in the last year there were kinda bad news about them. Customers having problems with bandwith. They were using around 60-70 of this 100m unmetered port (tho you get a mail at around 2tb i guess) and got suspended several times. Hardware on it's own is pretty solid and does it work, no words of overselling or so. Netcup is what it is 'cheap' tho having some decent standards. I would advice you to test their server first tho you will have to pay more then if you take single month contract instead of long term ones. Depending on your needings you can also have a look here
    https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd (their christmas deal is nice 3€/m for 1xdedicated cpu + 2gb KVM!)
    Since I am being german you can ask me some more questions if you are looking for Servers hosted in Germany or by german companies.

PHP-FREINDS looks good and almost same like NETCUP .... I ordered with NETCUP and couldn't get the order completed by now. Let's see what they do.

• @StevenGeorge said:

@blackjack4494 said:
    There are mixed reviews about netcup. I am myself just got a few Domains (without hosting) there. A friend of mine got a vserver and is pretty disappointed tho. I should mention they got awarded (from hosttest.de - over 10k votes) for their webhosting and vps. At least in the last year there were kinda bad news about them. Customers having problems with bandwith. They were using around 60-70 of this 100m unmetered port (tho you get a mail at around 2tb i guess) and got suspended several times. Hardware on it's own is pretty solid and does it work, no words of overselling or so. Netcup is what it is 'cheap' tho having some decent standards. I would advice you to test their server first tho you will have to pay more then if you take single month contract instead of long term ones. Depending on your needings you can also have a look here

PHP-FREINDS looks good and almost same like NETCUP .... I ordered with NETCUP and couldn't get the order completed by now. Let's see what they do.

That is unfortunately normal. It takes some time to get the order complete. I by myself ordered some de-domains. They have some special promotion running right now.
    https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/
    Everyday there is another offer. I you need help because of translation or anything you can ask me or try chrome built-in googe translation. There were some good deals already. In general support/hardware change is good. The only problems you will have will probably be dealing with bandwith/connection. You have a 30days money back guarentee (when I remember correctly). So you can easily cancel your order when there is a better offer on that link I wrote somewhere above

Thanked by 1StevenGeorge
  • I got it and so far it looks cool, their support responded during 10AM - 6PM quite fast. I choose SSD and the disk read/write speed is so good. Network looks fine too ...

Thanks for letting me know about their Christmas offer, i think google translate will be enough. I saw they offer domain names and prices are quite good for few uncommon extensions, is it safe and fine to go with them ?

• I got one of them specials root server a few month back 2 dedicated core 6GB 4 x 320Gb SAS, the server performance is quite good.

But network performance is not that good download is fine, upload speed to many location is less than 100Mbps.

Thanked by 1StevenGeorge
  • @StevenGeorge said:

I got it and so far it looks cool, their support responded during 10AM - 6PM quite fast. I choose SSD and the disk read/write speed is so good. Network looks fine too ...

Thanks for letting me know about their Christmas offer, i think google translate will be enough. I saw they offer domain names and prices are quite good for few uncommon extensions, is it safe and fine to go with them ?

Got around 6-8 server with them. Around 200+ Day uptime.

Yep, its safe :)

Thanked by 1StevenGeorge
  • @StevenGeorge said:

I got it and so far it looks cool, their support responded during 10AM - 6PM quite fast. I choose SSD and the disk read/write speed is so good. Network looks fine too ...

no problem. yes their domain offers (usually .de) are quite good and cheap. But I use my own nameservers. I have a couple of domains there and their nameservers need more than those max 48hrs to change the information. You have to notice that for those domain offers (special promotion like these) have some additional notes. Those domains are for personal use only tho you can do commercial stuff from what I got but you are not allowed to get those domains for a client.

• @Razza said:
    I got one of them specials root server a few month back 2 dedicated core 6GB 4 x 320Gb SAS, the server performance is quite good.

But network performance is not that good download is fine, upload speed to many location is less than 100Mbps.

yeah that is basically what I hear everywhere. Unfortunately it is hard to find a good Provider/Hoster with both. Good hardware without overselling and such and a good connection. Right now I found two hosters with 1gbit where their connection is pretty good. but unfortunately the machine is having a peak every 1-2minutes so it is basically useless for my use.

Thanked by 1Razza
  • blackjack4494 said: eah that is basically what I hear everywhere. Unfortunately it is hard to find a good Provider/Hoster with both. Good hardware without overselling and such and a good connection.

I know what you mean, its hard finding a provider with non overselling hardware and good network, saying that i will probably renew my Netcup server as overall it not a bad vps.

• Network is not that bad, but they stated clearly how it will be -

Thanked by 1lowenduser4531
  • nfnnfn Veteran
    edited December 2016

Any sysbench for E5-2680 v4?

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited December 2016

StevenGeorge said: Network is not that bad, but they stated clearly how it will be -

That only tell you how they limit when your avg is over 80 Mbit/s, it doesn't mean the network is going to be good.

• @nfn said:
    Any sysbench for E5-2680 v4?

E5-2670 v3 4 core netcup has 4k cpu bench. Tested on serverbear

The new line.. dont know

Thanked by 1nfn
  • Have been with them for a couple of months.. no downtimes and good Performance :)

Thanked by 1StevenGeorge
  • great bechmark result, unfortunately not USA location

• @Razza said:

StevenGeorge said: Network is not that bad, but they stated clearly how it will be -

That only tell you how they limit when your avg is over 80 Mbit/s, it doesn't mean the network is going to be good.

That's what i meant .... they already mentioned it will not be be more than 200 Mbit/s and they will cap the network if you use network at 80 Mbit/s for more than 15 minutes. So if you saw it before buying you shouldn't complain, because you know how it's going to be. But i agree to you, upload speed is super slow :(

Thanked by 1lowenduser4531
  • Netcup bandwidth limit to 10mbps killing my vps, please I need to move out

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @rohidev said:
    Netcup bandwidth limit to 10mbps killing my vps, please I need to move out

Okay?

So. At first I‘d try to find a job so you can move out of your parents basement. Have you tried talking to them?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @rohidev said:
    Netcup bandwidth limit to 10mbps killing my vps, please I need to move out

You emerged from your slumber since July 2017 to say this? Why the necro?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Maybe he was using his netcup for a vpn and it took since July 2017 for the packets to arrive on LET?

Thanked by 2eol angstrom
  • @uptime said:
    Maybe he was using his netcup for a vpn and it took since July 2017 for the packets to arrive on LET?

Most likely.

• they should have pulled over somewhere and asked for directions

• Either that or they should have used google maps instead of apple.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Thanked by 1eol