Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No stock for Prometeus VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No stock for Prometeus VPS?

ravenchadravenchad Member
edited July 2013 in General

Still no stock for Prometeus VPSes?

Comments

• VPN or vps?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think VPS...

Yes, we only have OVerZold (www.overzold.com), Biz Xen and leftovers (cancellations/non-payment) form others, which means rarely there is some stock.

I am sorry for this, we are trying to get the cloud going, in the autumn will probably add more servers and, who knows, maybe new location :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Put New Hardware in?

edited July 2013

It is not that easy, it takes time to setup, it takes space, we have the hardware but is reserved for the cloud infrastructure.
    This summer we are working on the cloud (besides little vacations), in the autumn, hopefully, that is already setup and while working on the panel, we can put other stock as well.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:
    Put New Hardware in?

At present we need to focus to the cloud which require lot of new hardware to start :-)

We're refilling stock one or two time a week when cancellation and unpaid services are processed :-)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So the old products what i can order after setup are for free in cloud?

@Infinity580 said:
    So the old products what i can order after setup are for free in cloud?

We will keep the old services as they are, we just dont add more servers for now :-)

Since cloudstack support also local storage we could adopt it for regular kvm / xen vps in future when/if we'll have our own panel.

edited July 2013

We have now some 50+ servers and it starts to become hard to fight abusers, to help newbies and keep the services at the level people that vote for us in top 3 for more than a year are used to.

If the quality is in danger, we opt out of expansion, focusing on keeping the current customers happy.

We are not a multinational company following the "unlimited" expansion doctrine, we like to keep in touch with customers, it is like a family business, when i read what i wrote and it sounds too professional, it's the time to pause and reflect.

I am a human, not a robot, I prefer to remain human and give up whatever the tech-no-logically cheap world around can offer if my humanity is in danger.

While Uncle works so hard and sleeps so little that you MAY think he is a robot by now, somehow he manages to remain, not only human, but also a special kind of human, one that I trust and work with for pleasure and not for the daily bread which I have assured for many years from now on.

• jaakkajaakka Member

This is why you hire people! Im guessing the from small to big company expansion is hindered by short-staffing.

@jaakka said:
    This is why you hire people! Im guessing the from small to big company expansion is hindered by short-staffing.

Of course this will happen when needed, grow need to be controlled. After some expansion you need some time to consolidate and stabilize, then you can start another rush. We are doing this (consolidating) while working on iwstack. At least this is my way of doing business ;-)

• neqsteneqste Member

do not hurry, make your services quality.

• bobbybobby Member

@neqste said:
    do not hurry, make your services quality.

Yeah, for the love of god, don't make them like your "regular" offers ;)